Time to go Stage II!

What's going on here?
Im just being charming like you said i was and i just happen to see you think Tony is too..
Im paying attention like you say you do. I think Tony boxed you in with your own words with no way out but to put up the number or shut up.Here is some more of my charm.( My wife was watching Dr Phil and i guess there is a rare form of small valve envy you maybe experiencing and i guess the cure is stage 2 heads) Come on that was charming right..Im going to BG this year and plan on learning from guys like Cal,Dave,Tony because they own and or tune the fastest Buick TSO cars in the land and they put the number up on the board and not on some sims..
When they say something im going to listen and apply there knowledge to my car if i can.Not challenge there opinion because its priceless info if they want to share.

Phew. I'm glad that's all it is. You had me worried there. I thought you were going to ask him out on a date or something. Just make sure learning is all you two do over there in BG. We don't need little Tonys running around.
Just to confirm, 174 is the number. I didn't realize there was so much interest in it. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, Gene. Going to these events is all about comraderie, and just plane having a good time. You will find that everyone is pretty helpful and willing to share. Not too many big egos that need feeding.

Just to confirm, 174 is the number. I didn't realize there was so much interest in it. ;)

I didn't take the time to see what your car weighed, so just threw 3200 and came up with just a tad under 1000hp with the 158.69 you had in your signature. This was just using a basic hp calculator I found on the internet. Adding 400 hp moved the mph to 177.6

I see now that you come up with over 5hp/ci, so I must have missed on the weight.

Not too many big egos that need feeding.
lol Really. :rolleyes: After the last few pages, you really felt that you needed to add that statement? You're a true statesman, Cal.

The weight is 3,301 with driver and fueled up. Keep in mind that the hp was, and will be ramped in through the run. Simple calculators won't be able to account for that (split times) and give you a hp curve throughout the run.

When will this engine be ready?Donnie
The plan is to order the pistons in the next few weeks. The shops gotten busy with other engine builds lately, so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to give a good amount of time to my engine, but the plan is to have the engine ready to go back in the car by the end of this year.

Given the target bhp range that I gave Tony a few pages back, 1,530 - 1,580 bhp, and the past car weight of 3,301, I'm looking for a mph range of 171.70 - 173.86. I'm not sure how much weight this new build might add at this point. There is some other weight that will be going on the car.
The above MPHs are trap speeds. Not actual. The difference is about a mile and a half. Add that to the above.
I really doubt that would be some sort of record. Maybe hp/cid?

In case no one has figured it out yet, the E.T. target is 7s on a stock style chassis and suspension.

Phew. I'm glad that's all it is. You had me worried there. I thought you were going to ask him out on a date or something. Just make sure learning is all you two do over there in BG. We don't need little Tonys running around.
Thats the kind of comment i would expect from a guy with a small valve:( thats big valve curious..Ops im being charming again.. People take notice to actions more than word so with that said you have some work to do. Good luck on your quest and i really do hope you get it done and make us take notice.

Thats the kind of comment i would expect from a guy with a small valve:( thats big valve curious..Ops im being charming again.. People take notice to actions more than word so with that said you have some work to do. Good luck on your quest and i really do hope you get it done and make us take notice.
I thought you'd get a kick out of that. Try not to get too smoozy with the other memebers. There might be a rule against members being too charming to each other. Or, in your case, there should be one. No one wants to see that. :oops: Yuck.
I've already proved that it's not the valve size that counts, it's how you use it. Now it's time to play with a big one. We'll have to wait and see what I can do with that.
Shouldn't be able to do much, me not being a tuner an' all. Yeeeee hawww!
Have a great day, y'all.

So what's your excuse, Gene? You should be going after a 6 by now with that machine of yours.

So what's your excuse, Gene? You should be going after a 6 by now with that machine of yours.
I dont open my mouth and insert my foot;) and keep my goal obtainable plus i know my limitation$$$$$$$$$$$$ Bedsides i have limited knowledge on how a engine works remember.( I was paying attention again so thats my excuse) I dont need to gamble on blowing my stuff up because ive made statements i have to back it up. I will leave that to the guys with money and something to prove because i have neither..

I dont open my mouth and insert my foot;) and keep my goal obtainable plus i know my limitation$$$$$$$$$$$$ Bedsides i have limited knowledge on how a engine works remember.( I was paying attention again so thats my excuse) I dont need to gamble on blowing my stuff up because ive made statements i have to back it up. I will leave that to the guys with money and something to prove because i have neither..
No, no. Sorry. Get your charm back over here. When you open your mouth and criticize another so openly, you open yourself up to the same. Man up and deal with it.
You have the light car that makes it easy on the machinery, big cubes, big valves, big tires, a great tuner helping you make it go, but the goal is what? The same as mine with the heavy car, small cubes, small tires, stock chassis, stock suspension? It looks to me like the money has already been spent. Quite being a sissy and turn that bad boy up! Do you need more hand holding to make sure you don't blow a gasket or something? Help me understand the sissy timeslips.

For some reason i think you would have a problem on your hands saying im a sissy to my face:mad: :mad: .. Im just sayin
That was pretty much uncalled for....you write the check big shot and i will turn it up.. Watch what you say Don !!!!!!! I like to have head room in my builds and thats my goal is to not be over my head like some..

Gene I wouldn't let Donnie get under your skin. He just thinks outside the box. Which sometimes ain't all bad, but name calling sometimes is so childish. Just wish some people could be mature enough to take constructive criticism.

You have the light car that makes it easy on the machinery, big cubes, big valves, big tires, a great tuner helping you make it go, but the goal is what?.
That was the goal to be well engineered easy on parts and safe:)

Gene, believe me, after your behavior on this thread, I wouldn't have a problem calling you anything I felt like calling you to your face. Anytime, anywhere, big boy.
You think I should be happy to sit here and be criticized by the likes of you for pushing the envelope while you play it safe with a machine that should be easily capable of much more?! Think again. Very carefully.

Gene I wouldn't let Donnie get under your skin. He just thinks outside the box. Which sometimes ain't all bad, but name calling sometimes is so childish. Just wish some people could be mature enough to take constructive criticism.
Your right:)