Time to go Stage II!

Follow the money. Lol. It's a circle. I spend money buying parts, those same companies sponsor the races. That doesn't bother me at all. It's the price you pay for a hobby that breeds competition.

Follow the money. Lol. It's a circle. I spend money buying parts, those same companies sponsor the races. That doesn't bother me at all. It's the price you pay for a hobby that breeds competition.
It doesn't bother most people. I'm just telling you how I feel about it.
Going through 6 turbos in 3 years. Those turbo companies are loving you.

I think you missed your calling and should have been a politician.I will explain the best way i can(TSM cars have been high 8,s and 9,1 with stock heads these days let along TSO cars..) Would this be a true statement?
TSM cars weigh more and have a smaller turbo with no bottle or alcohol but go just as fast as you have gone..Im not trying to be mean i just dont understand why you dont see what im trying to point out.
Haven't we already gone over all of this? Maybe it was on another thread.
When you say stock heads, are you talking about stock cast iron heads? What size valves? What did they flow? When you say, just as fast, how fast are they? Numbers? Did they perform those numbers with good tuneups? How many cubic inches are they running?
If we're going to do a comparison here, again, let's do it right. Give me some specs here.
I'm assuming you want to compare against my old Stage I, since the Stage II isn't even built yet.

Haven't we already gone over all of this? When you say stock heads, are you talking about stock cast iron heads? What size valves?
Like i said before you missed your calling.. Hell a TSM legal car went 9.1 with ported stock gm castings no matter what size valve was in it... Are you saying your heads dont flow what you can get a stock cast iron head to?
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/the-only-3300-lb-buick-v6-in-the-8s-using.363728/
You already have 52 pages on another thread of people trying to make you see some common sense and you refuse to see it.. I give up you win but good luck..

Like i said before you missed your calling.. Hell a TSM legal car went 9.1 with ported stock gm castings no matter what size valve was in it... Are you saying your heads dont flow what you can get a stock cast iron head to?
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/the-only-3300-lb-buick-v6-in-the-8s-using.363728/
You already have 52 pages on another thread of people trying to make you see some common sense and you refuse to see it.. I give up you win but good luck..
Let me get this straight. You're comparing a 9.1 using 40 psi boost to an 8.7 using 30 psi boost. Do you know how much more hp it takes to go from a 9.1 to an 8.7? And you're calling that the SAME performance?
Only a politician could sell that as being the SAME performance.

Well I can shed some light on this. My TSM car went 8.90 on 29psi that's a long way from 40. With A 70 mm turbo and get this A little HYD cam and lifters . It has GN1 heads they are nothing fancy. 250 ci stock block on drag radials at 3560. So you think the heads make the difference? You will see that the stage2 heads don't make that much of A difference. There is A lot more to head performance than flow. Now we can start comparing. You got A 91 I have A 70. You have 224 ci race block I have A 250ci stock block. You have A solid roller high rpm set up I have A small HYD Low rpm set up. You have how ever much NOS and I use none. You use alky I use gas. You have A fancy fab up intake I have A stock ported intake. You have A belt driven oil pump I have A stock oiling setup. I run A full exhaust you dump straight out of the turbo. I can go on and on so you still think you running 8s is such A world changing event? After looking at the two combo I need to be pounding my chest and do A bio on the net calling out all the naysayer.

Well I can shed some light on this. My TSM car went 8.90 on 29psi that's a long way from 40. With A 70 mm turbo and get this A little HYD cam and lifters . It has GN1 heads they are nothing fancy. 250 ci stock block on drag radials at 3560. So you think the heads make the difference? You will see that the stage2 heads don't make that much of A difference. There is A lot more to head performance than flow. Now we can start comparing. You got A 91 I have A 70. You have 224 ci race block I have A 250ci stock block. You have A solid roller high rpm set up I have A small HYD Low rpm set up. You have how ever much NOS and I use none. You use alky I use gas. You have A fancy fab up intake I have A stock ported intake. You have A belt driven oil pump I have A stock oiling setup. I run A full exhaust you dump straight out of the turbo. I can go on and on so you still think you running 8s is such A world changing event? After looking at the two combo I need to be pounding my chest and do A bio on the net calling out all the naysayer.
I think you just did. Congratulations.
Now try doing that with the a/f ratio meter bouncing off 14.64:1.

I think you just did. Congratulations.
Now try doing that with the a/f ratio meter bouncing off 14.64:1.
Then you take a shot at the guy? These people are trying to help you go faster instead your making a fool out of yourself.

Why would I want to do it at 14.64:1? I would fix the problem .
Let me ask you for a professional opinion, Chris. If you had just made your 8.9 run, and after the run, through your datalog, you found that you had just ran an 8.9 with the a/f ratio bouncing off of 14.64:1 or leaner due to a fuel system malfunction you would later track down, do you think that maybe you could end up improving on that 8.9 run after having fixed the fuel system problem, and by doing that, getting the a/f mixture where it really needed to be?
Would you end up going even faster than that previous 8.9 run?

Then you take a shot at the guy? These people are trying to help you go faster instead your making a fool out of yourself.
Take a shot at the guy? How did I take a shot at the guy? I'm the only person that bothered to congratulate the guy, and I'm taking shots?

lol You're dangerous, Gene. Leave the tuning advice to others, OK.
Let me give you a clue. There are a multitude of ways to do 8s in the quarter. No one holds a patent on the best way. And Gene, another clue, there really isn't a best way. Just the way you choose to do it.
Oh, and Gene. An 8.7 still beats an 8.9 in my book.

Alky V6 said:
Let me ask you for a professional opinion, Chris. If you had just made your 8.9 run, and after the run, through your datalog, you found that you had just run an 8.9 with the a/f ratio bouncing off of 14.64:1 or leaner due to a fuel system malfunction you would later track down, do you think that maybe you could end up improving on that 8.9 run after having fixed the fuel system problem, and by doing that, getting the a/f mixture where it really needed to be?
Would you end up going even faster than that previous 8.9 run?

Well that hard to say gas and alky are different animals. You make more power when your lean so you might even slow down. Did you burn any plugs? Hurt A pistons ? Lift A head?

You're running the hydraulics with clearance on a ? cam? The fella on the island that I tuned on is doing the same thing.

Well that hard to say gas and alky are different animals. You make more power when your lean so you might even slow down. Did you burn any plugs? Hurt A pistons ? Lift A head?
Didn't hurt anything. With alcohol, it's true that as you lean on it you can create more cylinder temp and pressure, but that's very dangerous and can lead to preignition. But, as you lean further past that point, the temp moves back down. Luckily, the fuel system leaned so far that the temps couldn't cause any problems, I guess. Believe me, after I pulled the plugs and didn't find what I was expecting, I fell to my knees and looked up to the sky.
The engine was so lean that by the 1,000 foot mark the engine was lean surging! Surging! Yikes! I really think that the spark plug design that I started using around that time is what saved me.
Best power with that motor was at around 10.5-10.8 on the gasoline scale, at 30 psi boost. Dangerously lean was starting at around 11.5. Anything leaner than 11.3:1, power starts dropping. Not a whole lot different than you'd see with running gasoline.

So Chris. Back to my question to you. You can't tell me that you couldn't have gone faster than a run where you had just experienced lean surging for heaven's sake.

Take a shot at the guy? How did I take a shot at the guy? I'm the only person that bothered to congratulate the guy, and I'm taking shots?

lol You're dangerous, Gene. Leave the tuning advice to others, OK. .
I think you should take your own advice Mr. I know my limitations and you should to because the only time i meet you was at Vegas with a huge window in the side of your stage 2 block with one of your tunes so i wouldnt go blowing your horn.OK..........

I think you should take your own advice Mr. I know my limitations and you should to because the only time i meet you was at Vegas with a huge window in the side of your stage 2 block with one of your tunes so i wouldnt go blowing your horn.OK..........
I'm surprised at you, Gene. Now you're just getting plain, downright, mean dog on me. What did I do to pull your string? You've never had problems with an engine? Answer that for me!