Time to FT? Data log screen shot, Drag Racing 132 mph

AN/GSC-52

Was at the track this week. Looking at the log it appears it took me 7 seconds to get the Full Throttle? I know I wasn't feathering it that long. Do I need a new TBPS?

b83ic7.jpg

212z41.jpg

Ya that tps trace looks like ass. But why? floor mat in the way. not pressing as hard as you thought you were?

No floor mats in the car. Thought I had my foot buried?? I'll check with the scanmaster. Is there a preferred replacement?

Last edited:
I would expact a bad TPS to be jumpy, make another log and be sure to bury the pedal. Perhaps a squeeze on the highway. Launches at the track can pull your foot up without you realizing it.

B

I checked the TPS and it was operational and linear. What I found was that the bottom of the accelerator pedal will contact the carpet, preventing full throttle. If I stabbed the top of the pedal I get full throttle. If I stab the bottom and roll it forward it looks like the graph above.
I will look for best fix option tomorrow, trim carpet? trim 1" from pedal bottom?
Thanks for the feedback! and Bob for your great products!

move the seat up
what seems ok just sitting in the car changes when gforce of acceleration pushes you into the seatback

How about a zip tie between the end of the cable and pedal to take up some slack?

How about a zip tie between the end of the cable and pedal to take up some slack?
That was it! Was a good 1/8" of slack. Heading back to the track tomorrow! Will move the seat forward too.
Thanks to all!

Did you lock the converter? Next you need to get that 60' down.:)

After that run I was visited by track officials IRT running to fast. I had planned to make some more changes like locking the TC but didn't after the counseling session. On my next run with no changes I concentrated on the launch and got a 1.6 60'. I held the brakes as long as I could 11.2 psi, then let it go, red lighted. Here is a vid of that run. Note the track turned off the lane signs at the 1000' mark. Another reminder, lol.

Thanks for the nice comments!

FWIW car weighed 3660 with me in it (220)

Last edited:
Engine.
Stock; Block, heads, intake, exhaust manifold, fuel lines/rail, ignition.
70mm throttle body, Champion Ported lower, GN1 4" cold air intake, Roller cam/lifters/rockers, cam 208/213, CNC ported heads with oversized valves. Forged Rods/crank/pistons. block girdle. HO oil pump, Turbo saver.
GN1 FMIC, PTE 6265S DBB air cooled, 60# injectors, 3.5 LS1 MAF, Extender Chip
Translator /Powerlogger/Scan Master, Vig converter 3200 with lock up, 93 octane, Alky- 1 nozzle.

Suspension.
All Stock with following exceptions; rear lower are boxed, bag on right, Lakewood drag shocks on front.

Machine work and long block assy; Eddies Performance in Sayerville NJ
Tuned and assy by myself

Last edited: