: Time to FOCUS my combo - advice please

zam70

->ROGUE
I've done the usual and bought a bunch of parts for my TR (plus the ones that came on the car). I think it's time to focus on a goal...
What I want is an absolute STREET BRAWLER. I rarely make it to the track (if ever)so I want to concentrate on my street performance. Areas of performance would be mostly roll on with some stop light action. I don't mind up or DOWN grading what ever works best for my performance goal...
here's my current setup:

stock short block and heads
power plate
XP+ pump
AFP
009 inj
160 stat
MaxEffort 16
basically stock ignition
TH down pipe w/dump (dump closed)
dual 2 3/4 exhaust w/ultra flow mufflers
cold air w/K&N (solid MAF pipe)
ATR TE60 turbo
Granger style boost controller (tuner style)
MPE stretch w/big neck IC
SMC single Methanol injection (not installed)
trans is fresh with PTS internal goodies
9/11 3200 stall converter
16" 245/50s
stock rear (342)

My complaint is lag I guess...when I floor it (stand still or roll) The engine seems to wind up and BAM - PULLS like a freakin' freight train...
No exhaust leaks...it seems like I need a more efficient (faster spooling) turbo.
To date, I've never run over 18lbs of boost. As soon as I get the injection kit on I'll crank it up BUT, I don't see that helping the spool up.

Any advice would be appreciated...
I've gone a built myself a race car when I want a street car...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you get lag with a 60 and 3200 stall?, crap I was thinking of getting a 60 next.

Dont want any lag and I only have a 2900 9/11

Kevin

Have you put a scan tool on it? It could be in your chip..what's your fuel look like, really fat possibly??

Hi Scott.......username Sinful6 sells a boost controller for $35 that is supposed to aid in fast spoolup. A friend of mine had a 62 and bought one. He claims it does work. It eliminates the wastegate solenoid. I felt like I didn't need one because I am satisfied with my rate of spool. Search Sinful6 and check it out. ;) By the way, when you put on that alky, and go to 24 lbs. of boost, it'll make you look like this..........:D

Thanks for the suggestion John, I've already got one (actually, better. It's a 2 stage with relief and bleed...built it my self) It did help...I personally think I'm fat on bottom. With the ME, I'm not entirely sure where to adjust it at...spool up curve or 0-4000. Once the turbo comes in the car is almost SCARY even at the boost I'm running...it's really brutal. It just seems to take a little long. It's kinda like - floor it, count to 3 then - HOLD ON...

I think I'll work on leaning things out on the bottom...now to find a decent stretch of road.

A set of heads would wake that combo right up! I got the boost controller from that dude and it does work but not that much differant on my set up. Might work better for you than me.