Thumbs up to Bruce!

buick1987gn

I'm a bad man.
I just have to give Bruce his credit. He is a great man to do business with. Got my trans in the car and 11x9 converter and they are simply awesome. Anyone who is thinking of sending him your tranny stop thinking and do it. By for one of the best vendors I have ever done busisness with.

i agree totally ..:)

nothing bad to say about Bruce at all but as much as i like to gripe about things i'll find sopmething...:D

so far i have one of his 12" converters a 11-9 converter and his bottom feeder shallow alum pan and all are better than advertised

if i quit thinking about sending him my tranny and just do it then i would be without one cause after shipping it there i wouldnt have no $ to pay to get it built or back to me..but one of these days i'll get enough set aside to do it but first i have to get past saving up for a wedding.

i can say the same for BRUCE and JAY JACKSON with the t/b mods both are very great guys to deal with

The shipping wasnt to bad, it would have been more but, fed ex forgot to have their scales calibrated. So I only got charget $60 :D

Hey buick1987gn...

I run a TA51 - what does your converter stall at? The reason I ask is that Bruce is building me a 9X11 and doing a new pump for me, and I was curious as to how the converter helped as far as spool up. Also, how are the street manners of that converter?

TIA
Rich

Well unfortunately my maf went south ( i guess 4 years on a delco reman unit is pretty good) So I was unable to drive the car alot after i put it in, but the converter was pretty good on the street and it stalled right around 3800 like bruce said it would. Spooling was Instant.

i wont asked but i'll throw in that my 9-11 stalls 2800 which is dead on the money for what i ordered and it worked great with my 51 for spool up.

i've had a 12" 2800 and it is very different as far as spool up goes.

the 9-11 is a great converter as far as driving ...my 12" seemed to slip more riding around than the 9-11 but yet it didnt spool as good.

Wow, 3800 seems high for the street, no? Or is your car mainly a strip car?

I went with Bruce's suggestion - he says it'll stall at 2800-3000 - I guess we'll have to wait and see :) My car is street only, so I'm hoping that I'll get a nice balance between streetability and spool-up.

Take care all!
Rich

The car is not my daily driver. Its more of my life long, dump money into project :D But I was surprised the 3800 stall wasnt that bad and its instant spooling! Much better than my old 12" 2800.