Thumbs up on Mickey Thompson Radials

TEST MY 6

I just mounted them up to replace my old nitto's , I orderd the same size since its the only size available for 17"s which were 275-40-17 and the first thing I noticed is how much wider the tire is even though there the same size. But the best thing about theese is the traction they easily hook better than the Nittos and will be the only drag radial I ever use again! Pics show M/T on the Left and Nitto on right.

Attachments

• SSPX0087.jpg
    SSPX0087.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 248
  • SSPX0088.jpg
    SSPX0088.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 227
Nitto VS. MT's

Any idea on how quickly they wear? Someone told me that MT's are only good for about 3,000 miles. Have you heard anything on this?

Thats pretty much my expectations, My nittos had a VERY hard life and went about 3k miles , Theese HOOK so well and since there is ALOT less tire spin I think the tire life may be greater , I guess well see.

Depends on how hard you play :biggrin:

They hook great, and don't require a mega-burn to prep, either- hence, a bit longer life.

Dreamcar86 said:
Any idea on how quickly they wear? Someone told me that MT's are only good for about 3,000 miles. Have you heard anything on this?

Sh!t I go through a set every 5 weeks it seems! :frown: I gotta get some type of device that shocks the hell out of me every time I stand on it. :biggrin:

P.S Don't think your tires are bad when they start to peel it's normal.

What kind of driving is done in your 5 weeks? Mileage? Do you spin em up daily? Thanks for any info

TEST MY 6 said:
What kind of driving is done in your 5 weeks? Mileage? Do you spin em up daily? Thanks for any info

60miles a day and a good right foot.

yes I do spin them daliy it's hard not too. I can go 45 and stand on it the car pulls but when I look in the rear view all I see are two patch marks until I let off. It's great. :biggrin: