Throttle Body

What dose it take to mount that throttle body on my champion intake? I friking hate the factory vacume block on the top of the GN throttle body. It for sure makes it look alot cleaner.

What dose it take to mount that throttle body on my champion intake?

Quite a bit of fabrication.

Here's a pic of a stock TB and a 90 mm TB.

Attachments

• TB BIG1.jpg
    TB BIG1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 440
Turbodave im tring to make out the name on that throttle arm. Is that Kinsler ?

Does the 90mm really make a differance over a 70mm?
Especially if you are using a 3" intercooler pipe, alot of trouble it seems to step up to a 90mm when a 70 may do the trick and use all your stock parts........

The reason I made my own 100mm throttle body was to slow the airspeed down before the necessary turn after the throttle body to the intake ports. When you're shooting for 900+ HP, the airspeed through a 3" or 70mm setup is getting away from optimum. Even though the tubing to and from my intercooler is still 3", I wanted to slow the airspeed for the turn into the lower plenum to help keep turbulence to a minimum. There is a method to all the madness.

Turbodave, I can tell these are Kinsler parts. Would these be the ones you have? Did you have to do any special machining to make this work be sides removing the outer plate? ( ie --- putting a knurled finish on thr throttle shaft to prevent possible slippage )

Kinsler part #'s :
5497 ( 3/8 ) throttle-stop
5493 ( 3/8 ) K-type throttle arm

Yes,

The thottle lever and stop are both Kinsler pieces. They made me a new throttle shaft after an unfortunate backfire bent the Accufab supplied shaft. The shaft is smooth at the end...no knurl.

I think you could possibly grind the weld off the Accufab lever and use the Kinsler linkage. It is very nice, I can loosen the cross screw and re-index the lever anywhere I need.

Scott I am sending your TPS today i had a computer crash,Its fixed and once again sorry for the delay.Chris as soon as I find the other TPS I will send it,hope this didn't hold you guys up.Take Care,AL.

I been looking around and found that some of the roundy round places sell adjustable throttle arms. They come in 2 diameters for different shafts. The only issue I see is on the Accufab you would have to cut the current welded arm off and replace with the adjustable. My 90mm TB is from Wilson and has a removable arm on it.