Throttle body

vader85231

I have an 85 T type and i was wondering if any body knows of any bigger hot air throttle bodys.

Thanks

I just got one (used) that was ported, IAC bronze tubes milled down, etc. Very nice job. Comparing it next to a stock TB is a big difference! I doubt you'll be disappointed!

sounds cheap enough

but how much does it help? and what other mods do you have to do to get the most out of a bored tb?
Tim

I don't have before and after times or dyno numbers, and to be honest with you I barely drove the car before putting a new motor, cam, big valve ported heads, and the ported TB. No way to compare, but if you look inside your stock TB, it just screams RESTRICTION. As with any motor, think of it as a big air pump. The quicker you can get air in and out the better. (in via turbo, intake, heads, TB, K&N, etc. Out via headers, gutted cat or test pipe, and good pipes and mufflers.)

And if I remember right you are buying and looking at some good parts, so don't limit yourself at the TB.

It is not one piece that makes all the difference, it is choosing parts wisely and getting a good combo going. I am sure you know this, I am just rambling!

Good luck, brother.

Squid

I was able to bore my throttle body out from the stock 57mm to 60mm, don't really know how much difference it made because I threw on a new turbo and injectors on at the same time but I could bore you out one if interested.