Throttle body linkage removal

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Taking my TB and plenum off to send to Steve Monroe for porting etc...and can't figure out how to disconnect the linkage from the TB-someone help me before I break something.

If you leave it on Steve will return it to you! Nice guy all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple of metal clips holding the cables on. You need to carefully pry up on the tang in the center of the clip and slide the clip off. Hold on to the clip as it can go flying.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have all of the rest-but the above post about the metal clips is what I am needing I am sure. I will try it when I ge home, thanks.

Yeah, they will go flying. One did on me & I had to dig it out between a crack in the engine bay. Lol!

No fair, I still haven't found mine! I did hear it hit the sound barrier when it took off. May never see it again.

I am putting my engine back in after more than a year. Can someone post a picture of the linkage connections? I have two cables with solid ends and one with a plastic clip. I get the one that pulls one the throttle when pushing on the gas pedal. But I need some help.

Dude, i would but im on vacation for 2 weeks away from the house. But what I remember...it was pretty simple to do.

Picture (from someone else that I marked up). Red is the TV cable for the trans, yellow is the throttle cable, the cruise control cable is behind those:

EngineStock_13a.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlight

The throttle cable you just pull it forward and it will come off. The TV and cruise have the clips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk