This is not how to built a transmission, (Pics inside, Beware).

$2500 isnt crap to pay on these cars. It was not brand new and i didnt see warranty posted on it. So this is gonna happen to a high performance machine. The car is still a great car and it isnt the last thing that will break nothing is indestructible on these cars. If your wallet isnt deep enough then dont get into this hobby or into that caliber of a car:wink:

very true.

The pan and pickup are from CK, and I have the identical pan and pickup on my 200-4R.

THe pan/pickup were created as a "bottom feeder" system, and frankly, I dont care about how much it looks as how well it works!

Here's another point, buying a car sight unseen is like marrying a mail order bride. Don't you want to touch feel smell & ride her first. Anyone who spends 30 grand & doesn't take the trouble to do that is just asking for it. I have seen my share of e-bay tragedy's & it hasn't been pretty.

He bought a car that was a new build with almost no miles on it and no track passes. I don't care if God himself builds a car, there are always going to be a few problems that show up after a few miles or track passes. Some may be more major than others....rather it be oil leaks, rubbing lines or whatever. I've put some cars together for people. I will be honest, there has always been something to tighten up or improve after the car has been used for a little bit.

Bison is also very talented and experienced with 200's and he has problems with his on a regular basis.

In the last year ive had problems with everything but the transmission. I cant even make a full pass with the black car without melting something. But as far as problems on a regular basis. Nope. To be honest the most resilient component on both of my cars are the transmissions.

Here's another point, buying a car sight unseen is like marrying a mail order bride. Don't you want to touch feel smell & ride her first. Anyone who spends 30 grand & doesn't take the trouble to do that is just asking for it. I have seen my share of e-bay tragedy's & it hasn't been pretty.

I sure wouldn't drop that kind of money and not go see it first, this just makes me even more sure of that. A "turn-key" car that won't even drive down the street right when it arrives :eek:

harold, i know you are reading this post. if you want before you toss it in the trash either give me or sale me the trans pan and trans brake. Not sure what issues you had but i run that brake on my car and its the best out there.

the pan and sump i run the same style and love it. please send it to me

he bought a car that was a new build with almost no miles on it and no track passes. I don't care if god himself builds a car, there are always going to be a few problems that show up after a few miles or track passes. Some may be more major than others....rather it be oil leaks, rubbing lines or whatever. I've put some cars together for people. I will be honest, there has always been something to tighten up or improve after the car has been used for a little bit.

x2

Hey brett
I heard alittle about whats going on with your sister,,,hope all is well with her,,,, if i can be of any help let me know???
im in california
714 457-6839 Rafael

Get used to the tranny issues. Its the nature of the beast.
I had a tranny built by one of the gurus here that didn't last 40 miles !! ZERO track time. Guess who got to eat that...not the guru. Some stand behind their work, some don't.

You bought a beautiful car, get it running and go enjoy it.

I am close to being at my wits-end with these cars, mine has been driven less than 200 miles since May of 2007. May be up for sale soon.
Good luck

Bryan

WOW this is ugly IF its true.
Did this guy buy this car as a "turn key", "parts car" or "project" needing to be finished?
front brake line leaking brake fuild badly due to it rubbing through on front passenger side bearing cage housing, (it was sprayed with some silicone glue as a temporary fix)
The Transmission = shi-t happens
The ALT = shi-t happens
A BAND AID on a brake line FCK you that is wreck-less shi-t
Was this car sold on this site? Link please.

WOW this is ugly IF its true.
Did this guy buy this car as a "turn key", "parts car" or "project" needing to be finished?

The Transmission = shi-t happens
The ALT = shi-t happens
A BAND AID on a brake line FCK you that is wreck-less shi-t
Was this car sold on this site? Link please.

How could anyone miss the sale of the that car? It was multipe pages and a hot topic during the complete build. You know who sold it so I can't see a reason to post a link. Come on man...I know its early but get the coffee and use the forum tools.

Simply amazing how much crap one person can muster to stir:rolleyes:

How could anyone miss the sale of the that car? It was multipe pages and a hot topic during the complete build. You know who sold it so I can't see a reason to post a link. Come on man...I know its early but get the coffee and use the forum tools.

i am not going to ASSume. Plus the car that i saw a write up on along with the people involved, i would never think it would have a hack job like a Band Aid on a brake line, Again (IF ITS TRUE) And because of that it can't possibly be "that" car.
Ok forget every thing else i said.

Did this car leave a shop with a Band aid on a brake line?
regular brake line $25.00??? +/-
fancy steel braided $100.00???? +/-
every one is hung up on the transmission thats nothing compared to a band aid on a brake line. What the hell else has a band aid on it? Duct tape on a fuel line??
If this never happened then forget i ever posted,

Simply amazing how much crap one person can muster to stir:rolleyes:

But is he a lier?
i don't know, Do you?

Crap like this is why I'm glad I met Lou. Thanks to him my car is turnkey. I got 99 problems but a broken Buick ain't one.

Sorry i asked questions
I will NOT post on this thread again.
thanks.
David

Isn't it great :rolleyes:... I'd never buy a car off of here since the common belief is its OK to misrepresent a car. You got the link so you can check it out, bought mine off of EBAY and had way better luck than so many on here including this sale. Here are the March billet alternators I found http://www.jegs.com/ECatalog/full.asp?page=202

Simple rule, don't buy a car without seeing it in person.