This can be misleading....

I thought I received an e-mail from grandnationabroker, ststing this car was listed. I fired back some ?'s, and he said the car sold for $31,000.

Did not have gauge cluster, rear end set up, turbo cover, etc... but was "real."

The car is not a real GNX. Besides the obvious on the trunk sticker the T2L option is missing which is GNX Special Handling. If you go through the completed listings under Grand National it shows the car sold for 19k. The person who sold this car is a crook. I and other members sent multiple Emails to the seller. He knew it was a clone and sold it as a real GNX. Someone paid 19k for a GN with 50k miles, different wheels and a dash plaque. I hope they don't pay like the first sale. Thanks

I just sent off an e-mail to the gnbroker sight. This is a crime and we should help find the new owner and back him in reporting it. I know we should all do our homework before spending that kind of $$$, but we have all made mistakes. I honestly would never imagine a sight that is supposed to be a GN sale sight and info only, to be in the middle of a fraud. The new owner probably felt pretty safe that he was buying from a supposed expert sight.
Any idea on how to find the new owner?
This crime started with the Ebay listing. Several of you sent e-mails to him with the facts of wrong parts and so on.
We need to help stop this kind of thing. I belong to the MOPAR Max Wedge and HEMI sight and let me tell you of the HORROR stories of fraud when it comes to those cars. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in fraud. Its terrible.

:biggrin:

Here is the text of the e-mail I received a few days ago...

Hello Mark, The gnx sold this afternoon. Sorry that it was missing the original parts that you noted. Car sold for $31,000 thinking for a real, registered gnx that was a steal. considering all the other that my father has are 65k to 75k. Keep watching for we have 3 others that will be going on the site in the next month.. thanks Domenic

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:11 AM
To: info@buickgrandnationalforsale.com
Subject: GNX

This car looks to be missing some of the obvious GNX options:

Rear end
Turbo cover
Dash cluster

I'm very interested in knowing why these were removed?

Have you verified the VIN through the GNX registry?

Thanks,
Mark Hood

LIke I mentioned earlier in this post I received an email from doug at the gnxregistry.org confirming that the car is a clone. I find it even more dispicable that it was being sold by a collector car dealer. Thanks

I wanna know where he came up with the story that the car was raced and so some of the GNX parts were pulled and replaced with regular GN parts. Did the person that sold him the car tell him that BS story and he's just passing it on so that he doesn't get screwed or did he come up with it himself.