This can be misleading....

Yeep

I found this on ebay. I can't find any place in this ad where the seller mentions that this is a clone. For those of you that know what you are looking at, you might think I'm being critical but, for someone who doesn't know what they're looking at, this ad can be misleading. Unless, it's a real gnx with gn parts!? No T2L .Thanks!!

Buick : Grand National - eBay (item 260790626106 end time Jun-15-11 09:18:58 PDT)

ITS GOT A FEW THINGS MISSING & UPPER TRAILING ARMS .ON HIS BUICK GRAND NATIONAL hot rod . BUT IT DOES HAVE THE THREAD COVER NEAR THE POWER STEERING PUMP . HEY WHATS UP ..

it's a clone

very nice, but no rear diff cover,and GNX susp. no GNX dash, fender vents are not functional, relays in GN position, not GNX position.

I agree with OP, its a misleading ad. Obviously its not real, but nowhere does he say its not a real GNX. He even has the number in the title and in one of the photos. I highly doubt someone would buy it before doing proper research, but you never know. Im also pretty sure Ebay will take it down, theyve been doing that a lot lately, especially to T-type & Turbo-T's with Grand National in the title.

Now that I think about it, I saw #243 at a local car show a few weeks ago (the real one) and it was definitely legit.

Please note that the GNX number in the ad is 234 not 243. I am the owner of 243 since 1990. A fellow GNX owner advised me a few years back that he saw a GN with my dash number plate and I know the prior owner attended the Kirban show at the air field in Warminster. Apparently he gave the car info to someone so they could order the spare dash number thru GM. Thus I am constantly looking to see if this car shows up. I assume others in my situation are doing the same thing.

That ad is a scam. I emailed the seller through eBay and he said he didn't know what it was.

I told him it was NOT a GNX and he should either delete the term "GNX" or re-word it to say "GNX clone" like the other seller has in his ad.

No reply yet and I reported his lying ass to eBay (they probably won't do anything...)

I think that anyone looking to buy a GNX knows what one looks like and costs these days.

I also sent him an email asking if it was a real GNX Just to see what he would say. He responded-this is the way I bought the car not sure what it is. He is a collector car dealer he knows exactly what it is. Thanks

It sold! Either someone got ripped off or they didn't mind paying 25 grand for a GN with 50k miles. Thanks

williamsGN I think you may be right. Look at the photo of the steering wheel.The top of it is worn. Thanks

Questions and answers about this item
Q: Is this a true gnx or a clone?
A: It is a GNX that was put on the race track back in the day. Some of the original parts were long gone when it was put back togather and they used Grand National parts to put it back on the road. Thanks,steve

Well that sells it. This guy isn't just misinformed about the car, he's a bold faced liar about it.

The car is definitly not real. Doug from the GNXregistry.org sent me an email confirming that it is not a real GNX. Thanks