Thermostatic Coil Question.

ARL

The Legend Lives On!
My Thermostatic coil that regulates the cooling fan has gone bad, Is there anyway to bypass, or not use it?

It's just a resistor to cut the voltage down to the fan for lo-speed... you can jumper/bypass it with 8-10 gauge wire and the fan will run on high whenever it comes on.... if that's what you want... :wink:

It's just a resistor to cut the voltage down to the fan for lo-speed... you can jumper/bypass it with 8-10 gauge wire and the fan will run on high whenever it comes on.... if that's what you want... :wink:

Thanks for the info!;)

Trouble shooting fan clutch.

Help me out on this one, I took off the coil resistor, Checked the wires with a test light and volt meter at the plug from the harness and no light, no volts. The harness is made for a 3 wire plug in to the fan, 1 to the fan, 2 to the coil, 1 from the coil to the fan, so 2 wires to the fan, I took both wires from the harness 1 at a time and made contact with the 1 remaining wire to the fan and nothing. I thougt I should be getting some volts checking them with the light and meter. I got the engine hot enough so the fan should have came on when I made contact with either wire. Is there a relay for the fan or did the coil resister do the work as a relay would?