theft deterrent ideas?

Ok let me see if I have this right. You find the PURPLE starter wire splice into that, run it to the relay RED wire, and out the WHITE wire back to the splice. Then the ORANGE wire goes to the switch on one side and out to ground on the other. Right? If so where would be the best place to find the PURPLE wire to splice? TIA I am a electrical dummy.

heres a great theft deterent[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs[/YOUTUBE]

The wires are located under the dash along the steering column. If you go the starter kill route, I would try to pick them up outside the car in the engine compartment. It is just to damn easy to jump power to the leg of the wire going to the starter under the dash or simply put the wires back together. I still feel doing a fuel pump cut off would be better as you have more options on where to do it at. I used to manage a car audio shop and I have installed hundreds of alarms and remote starts over the years.

Ok let me see if I have this right. You find the PURPLE starter wire splice into that, run it to the relay RED wire, and out the WHITE wire back to the splice. Then the ORANGE wire goes to the switch on one side and out to ground on the other. Right? If so where would be the best place to find the PURPLE wire to splice? TIA I am a electrical dummy.

You just cut the purple wire in half and connect the RED wire to the half of the purple wire that runs back to the ignition. The WHITE wire connects to the other half of the purple wire that runs to the starter. You just need a couple of the yellow "butt" connectors. You can tap the purple wire under the hood from the loom or under the dash. On a "G body" you can pull the purple wire from the loom under the hood real easy. One terminal on a SPST toggle switch connects to the orange wire and the other terminal to ground.

The nice thing is that you turn the switch on to start the car and turn it immediately back off again after the car is running. This way you won't forget to activate it when you park the next time.

Also, you don't need the relay socket at all. I usually just grab a Bosch style relay from Autozone and some crimp-on terminals. You can get the diodes from Radio Shack (#276-1102).

Here you go:D

#290: 1987 BUICK REGAL 2DR SEDAN

Audio/Mobile Video
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Battery ORANGE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination GRAY (+) RADIO HARNESS
Dimmer BROWN (+) RADIO HARNESS
Power Antenna PINK (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) TAN
LF Speaker (-) GRAY
RF Speaker (+) LIGHT GREEN
RF Speaker (-) DARK GREEN
LR Speaker (+) BROWN
LR Speaker (-) YELLOW
RR Speaker (+) DARK BLUE
RR Speaker (-) LIGHT BLUE
Amp Location NOT LIKELY
Steering Cntrls NO
Speed Cntrl NO
Radio Security NO
Security
Battery RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
All Door Trigger WHITE (-) DRIVER'S KICK PANEL
Trunk Trigger LIGHT BLUE (-) AT TRUNK SWITCH
Hood Trigger N/A
Alarm Disarm N/A
Parking Lights BROWN (+) AT LIGHT SWITCH
Convenience
Headlights-Lo YELLOW (+) HEADLIGHT SWITCH
LF Pk Lt Bulb BROWN (+) AT FRONT LEFT PARKING LIGHT
RF Pk Lt Bulb BROWN (+) AT FRONT RIGHT PARKING LIGHT
LR Pk Lt Bulb BROWN (+) AT REAR LEFT PARKING LIGHT
RR Pk Lt Bulb BROWN (+) AT REAR RIGHT PARKING LIGHT
Remote Start
Battery RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1 ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Anti-Theft Descript NONE
Neutral Safety ORANGE/BLACK (-) AT ENGINE CONTROL MODULE
Tachometer WHITE (-) OR VIO/WHT (-) AT COIL OR MULTI COIL PAC
Speed Sense DARK GREEN (AC) ECM,PASS.SIDE DASH,WHT 32 PIN PLUG,PIND1
Parking Lights BROWN (+) AT LIGHT SWITCH
Brake Lights WHITE (+) AT BRAKE SWITCH
Reverse Lights LIGHT GREEN (+) AT GEAR SELECT SWITCH
Horn BLACK (-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
Modules
WIRE LOCATION
Please select another category
Doorlocks/Windows
Power Unlock BLACK (+) POSITIVE TRIGGER
PowerLock LIGHT BLUE (+) DRIVER'S KICK PANEL AT DOOR HARNESS

Note: Audiovox makes no representation or warranty with respect to the above information including its accuracy, completeness, or its freedom from third parties' proprietary rights. Audiovox disclaims all liability or responsibility for errors or omissions therein or any decision made by the recipient in reliance thereon. The installer must verify any circuitry with the proper test equipment prior to installation.

Here's a pic of some totally random 442 I found on the internet. The owner must be real smart using all black wiring to camouflage the install. :biggrin:

killme2.jpg

killme.jpg

steel tubing bent u shape into concrete. tie 5/8" diameter chain link around rear axle, chassis, etc. problem solved:biggrin:. NO ONE IS STEALING MY CAR

Please setup a camera in your driveway and leave 50-foot of slack in the chain. :biggrin:

Antitheft

Put a hungry tiger in the car like on Ricky Bobby and have some sort of setup to taser the individual if they make it into the car....Get Bait car to use turbo buicks on their shows and get theives to think that every turbo buick is just another bait car with cops standing by.

On a serious note thieves should actually get punished for theft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres a great theft deterent[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, my God!!!!!d Do I ever love that "Trunk Monkey!" Haven't seen that in a while....thank you for sharing....I just laughed my butt off....never get tired of seeing this!:tongue: Thanks, man, this is just so fricken funny!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Oh, my God!!!!!d Do I ever love that "Trunk Monkey!" Haven't seen that in a while....thank you for sharing....I just laughed my butt off....never get tired of seeing this!:tongue: Thanks, man, this is just so fricken funny!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Gotta love the Trunk Monkey.

Get you one of these....

473a4d1ac024a_38778n.jpg

Yeah it's a CD player....but it has a built in alarm.

You can set the alarm to go off in XX amount of seconds if the ignition isn't started and/or if the face plate isn't put on.

When it goes off, it can activate your lights, horn, etc. to make them honk and flash. It also transmits a sound thru the speakers in the car. It's annoying/ear piercing so I've been told.

I just picked one up. I hope to set it so if someone does get in, the noise generated inside by the speakers will be so unbearable it'll make them want to get out of the car.

Also get you a Steadfast collar guard. I've done a write up on it in the how-to section.

I have a LoJack system in my cruiser at work and I can tell you we recover like 95% of the ones that go off.

I'm seriously thinken about putten it in my own car along with a Ravelco unit. Google Ravelco. They have installers that will come out to ur house. 99% of the theives will not beable to defeat a Ravelco. I guess you would have to check if they are available in ur area tho.

Lojack only works if your local law enforcement supports it.

I called my local law enforcement to verify support.
My city, Orange Park, never supported it.
My county, Clay, has discontinued suport.
Close large city,Jacksonville, never supported it.
Only support in my area is the Florida Hiway Patrol & they are only on the interstate.

Here's a pic of some totally random 442 I found on the internet. The owner must be real smart using all black wiring to camouflage the install. :biggrin:

killme2.jpg

killme.jpg

Those yellow butt connectors sure scream that a mod has been made though.... I would have used a different color connector there. Even some black electrical tape or black heat shrink tubing would keep it stealth. Very clean and tidy install though.. ;)

Those yellow butt connectors sure scream that a mod has been made though.... I would have used a different color connector there. Even some black electrical tape or black heat shrink tubing would keep it stealth. Very clean and tidy install though.. ;)

They can scream all they want from inside the loom, but no one will hear them. I only pulled them out so the pic would make sense.