The "Wayne Bender" Experience

Car prepped and ready for epoxy sealer then base today.

Epoxy seales and ready for base today, then i will clear it tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC_2107.jpg
    DSC_2107.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 539
  • DSC_2143.jpg
    DSC_2143.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC_2142.jpg
    DSC_2142.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 535
Base is applied

Base coat is applied and i will clear it tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• DSC_2159.jpg
    DSC_2159.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC_2157.jpg
    DSC_2157.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 514
  • DSC_2146.jpg
    DSC_2146.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC_2155.jpg
    DSC_2155.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC_2152.jpg
    DSC_2152.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 517
One more shot. The lights are so bright it don't look as black as it really is.

Attachments

• DSC_2156.jpg
    DSC_2156.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 506
Wish you were close to me you would have another lined up! Nice work!
Chris

When I save up the cash for this.. I think I am just going to drive the car to his place and fly home.. Then fly back and get it. His work is THAT nice from what I have seen. I wouldn't trust half the hacks that live near me... Except Miguel of course.

When I save up the cash for this.. I think I am just going to drive the car to his place and fly home.. Then fly back and get it. His work is THAT nice from what I have seen. I wouldn't trust half the hacks that live near me... Except Miguel of course.
Trust me he is the best.

SPI clear is on. Now just a lot of cut and buffing.

Attachments

• DSC_2233.jpg
    DSC_2233.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC_2243.jpg
    DSC_2243.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 488
Some buffing done. Looks pretty good so far.

Attachments

• DSC_2260.jpg
    DSC_2260.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC_2259.jpg
    DSC_2259.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 469
  • DSC_2255.jpg
    DSC_2255.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 478
Dayyyyyuuummmmmm Duuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another top notch job! You da man brother!!!!!!!!!!!

nice...what spi clear?sata or iwata?
Your joking right? Well The SPI you may not know. It's the primers and clear i use. The Sata and Iwata are high dollar paint guns. It's some of the best product i have ever used, and the price is good for the quality. Plus they have a tech person available 7 days a week for any questions you may have. Try that with any other supplier like PPG or Dupont. After 5:00pm you can't talk to anyone if you have questions. BerryK answers the phone even at 9:00pm at night even on the weekend or will call you right back. This company is by far the best i have ever used bar none, and there stuff is better then PPG clear and Duponts stuff by far and at a better price. The clarity of the clear is better then any clear i have shot in my 20 years of painting. Check it out for yourself. They also ship for free and you get it in two days with no tax. Home
You must have already been on the forum at SPI because i never said anything about my paint guns.

Your joking right? Well The SPI you may not know. It's the primers and clear i use. The Sata and Iwata are high dollar paint guns. It's some of the best product i have ever used, and the price is good for the quality. Plus they have a tech person available 7 days a week for any questions you may have. Try that with any other supplier like PPG or Dupont. After 5:00pm you can't talk to anyone if you have questions. BerryK answers the phone even at 9:00pm at night even on the weekend or will call you right back. This company is by far the best i have ever used bar none, and there stuff is better then PPG clear and Duponts stuff by far and at a better price. The clarity of the clear is better then any clear i have shot in my 20 years of painting. Check it out for yourself. They also ship for free and you get it in two days with no tax. Home
You must have already been on the forum at SPI because i never said anything about my paint guns.
no joke...just figured you being a professional painter,a sata or iwata may have been your gun of choice..anyhow looks good...and what clear?universal or?thanks......

no joke...just figured you being a professional painter,a sata or iwata may have been your gun of choice..anyhow looks good...and what clear?universal or?thanks......
No problem. I like the Iwata 4000 LPH gun better for spraying the SPI clear for sure. I'm using the universal 1:1...4.4 VOC clear. It's a true high solid. I've never been a big fan of the high solid clears because they get to hard to buff after only a few days, but that's not the case with this stuff. It buffs as good the next day as it does a year later as i have been told by BerryK. I haven't tried any other clears from them yet but i might try the MS clear on another job, you just don't have as much product to spray because it's 3:1. For $233.35 you can have 2 sprayable gallons with the 1:1 Universal. I will still need more clear because i went through a gallon and a half just on the car and the quart i have left is not going to be enough to finish all the parts if i go three coats. This clear is like getting 6 coats when you only spray 3 coats because it's a high solids and covers so well. They say to spray it how you want it to look, so i did, and to my suprise it did not run. Good stuff if you don't have much experience spraying clear. Overall I'm very happy with the final look so far.