The "Wayne Bender" Experience

onefastgn

Here we go again. This one is a complete strip and paint. Let the games begin.:D
Here is some before pictures. I wish i was further along but i had just had a ACL replacement and my wife Nicole just had our new baby girl Dylan on Sunday, so things have been slow going as expected. It should speed along once things settle down at the home front. But i would have to say Wayne is a great customer, but now has became a great friend, I'm blessed to have the opportunity to do a paint job for such a outstanding person. It just goes to show, you never know who will come into your life and make a difference. Thanks Wayne

Attachments

• DSC_1903.jpg
    DSC_1903.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • DSC_1900.jpg
    DSC_1900.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • DSC_1897.jpg
    DSC_1897.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,093
Let me start of saying that I passed up my father and good dear friend to bring my car 250 miles to have Tony to paint it,not take any thing from them two because they both do good work.But I been knowing Tony now for over three years just by communicating with him over the phone and buying parts from him.I reminded you I've never seen him untill I took him my car an its like we've been knowing each other for years,an he knows his stuff.He really bought me when I seen his 10yr paint job on his car which still looks flawless today.Tony I just want to take a little time an thank you for what you have done an thank you in advanced for what you are about to do.I ask every one on this forum to join me on congratulating Tony on his new addition to his family his precious new daughter Dylan Nicole she is beautiful.

Here is some updates. Been real busy with the new addition to my family. I'm just getting really started now. The door is not going to get stripped, its going to get a new one.

Attachments

• DSC_1960.jpg
    DSC_1960.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 911
  • DSC_1956.jpg
    DSC_1956.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 919
  • DSC_1959.jpg
    DSC_1959.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 918
After three paint jobs the car is stripped, now some masking and then the epoxy primer, then bone work, then epoxy again, then apply the SPI 2K primer. lots of work still to go.;)
I have around 15 hours sanding the paint off with 80 grit.And another 10 hours to take it apart.

Attachments

• DSC_1969.jpg
    DSC_1969.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 849
  • DSC_1966.jpg
    DSC_1966.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 853
Epoxy primer is applied

Epoxy primer is applied, and now i can start the body work, then re-apply epoxy over the bone work, then i can apply the SPI Turbo 2K high build primer in the next few weeks. So far so good.

Attachments

• DSC_1986.jpg
    DSC_1986.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 813
  • DSC_1995.jpg
    DSC_1995.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 817
  • DSC_1989.jpg
    DSC_1989.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 814
Looking great Tone! Wayne's going to be really happy! That's a frickin ton of work and its getting done right and in a timely matter! Not too many painters will go the extra mile like you do.

My car looks great too! Thanks for making it look like a million dollars! Now I just need to get some time to go out to the garage and work on it!

Body work is complete and re-epoxy is done also. A good sand over the epoxy with 220 grit and on goes the 2K high build primer. Overall the car is pretty stright, really nothing much out of the ordinary. This car is going to look killer with this new SPI Clear. I have never shot a clear in my whole career that looks anything like this does. It buffs great and is very durable. I've only did some test panels and I'm very pleassed on how it layed down. It looks like they were dipped in clear.

Attachments

• DSC_2060.jpg
    DSC_2060.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 734
  • DSC_2068.jpg
    DSC_2068.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 714
Car ia 2K primed. Now time to hang the door and start blocking the car for base coat. Still will be a few weeks before base is on. I'm real happy with it so far.

Attachments

• DSC_2074.jpg
    DSC_2074.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 721
  • DSC_2072.jpg
    DSC_2072.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 732
  • DSC_2071.jpg
    DSC_2071.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 722
  • DSC_2073.jpg
    DSC_2073.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 722
Damn dude, you work two times faster than any other painter I've ever met! Can you spare some of your ambition and send it my way so I can get some stuff done over in my garage too?!

Thanks Jeremy. I got the door cut in this afternoon while i had 2 hours to spare. The black is the blackest black I've ever shot. It's DMD 1683 Deltron Black. It's just the mixing tint off the bank...nothing but jet black in it, no other tints at all. I'm thinking I'm going to clear the car then wet sand it with 800 grit then reclear the entire car for maximum depth. It's a nother step, but the finish will be outstanding. The jam is only a quick base and two coats of SPI clear.

Attachments

• DSC_2087.jpg
    DSC_2087.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 683
  • DSC_2088.jpg
    DSC_2088.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 694
You are right Jeremy

Looking great Tone! Wayne's going to be really happy! That's a frickin ton of work and its getting done right and in a timely matter! Not too many painters will go the extra mile like you do.

My car looks great too! Thanks for making it look like a million dollars! Now I just need to get some time to go out to the garage and work on it!

Jeremy you are so right about me being happy for what Tony is doing to my car.I mean he has been straight forward on any and everything he has done,plus he will not move forward on anything he's not for sure of or less he has your approval.
Man this brother is so detail I can't imagin no one else I would have chose for this job,he is always in a conscious contact with me on any and and everything he do.He texts me imformation and all sorts of photo shots of my car.
Plus he calls to imform you verbally as well,Man I must say Tony is the best on this forum.If anyone on this board wants a professional paint job then I recommend Tony Luke.Jeremy I must say we chose the best.:smile:

The body lines look great on the car. Looks like another masterpiece in the making! Too bad about the drivers door. What hit it, a bat?

I really need to have Jenn take some pics with her camera for me. Tired of postng cell phone pics:redface:

The body lines look great on the car. Looks like another masterpiece in the making! Too bad about the drivers door. What hit it, a bat?

I really need to have Jenn take some pics with her camera for me. Tired of postng cell phone pics:redface:
Some backed into me.

Preped and ready for epoxy sealer and base Monday.

I will let it sit until Tuesday before i shot the SPI clear after the base is on Monday. This helps on die back from the base color reducers sucking the gloss out of the clear. Most shops don't wait that long because it adds time to the job. You just have to have it done within the recoat time window, even with wet sanding it, the gloss just looks so much better overall.;)

Attachments

• DSC_2099.jpg
    DSC_2099.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 601
  • DSC_2104.jpg
    DSC_2104.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 607