The very first bolt on bell 2004R

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Lonnie at Extreme Automatics is making these now, pretty cool. These are making the 2004r available to an array of different engines.

Heres the info..........

The Bell is a Reid. The purpose of the addition of the bolt on bell was not for strength or SFI approval. While those are benefits, not the main focus. I am looking to expand the market. The 2004R being the only OD transmission that will fit most every tunnel in about every car. I have been doing conversions for Mopar guys for about 2 years. The 2004R will fit the tunnel of the classic Mopars. In the past we had to use a engine adapter plate on the back of the block and hybrid converter etc. With the bolt on bell we can now bolt the transmission directly to the block and use a GM based converter. I am building 4 of these units that are going to Slovenia. The addition of the Reid bell allows the use of any bell they make. So now the 2004R is a Direct bolt in for BB,SB and 5.8 Hemi Mopar, BB, SB and Mod motor Ford, 2JZ and of course BOP , Chevy including LS. I have designed so the ring can be installed by the end user. I use a Mill for cutting but the trans bell can be cut off with a sawzall. The rest is direct bolt on.

Extreme Automatics LLC.
7207 Main Street
Bethel, NC. 27812
(513)898-0553

EA bell2.jpg

View attachment 203771

Attachments

• EA bell3.jpg
    EA bell3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 629
My oh my....

I wonder if I can get dad's wagon converted to OD without him knowing I'm using GM parts LOL.

This is a great development... will these be limited production? or available indefinitely? I'd like to make the change if/when I ever upgrade my extreme stage 2.

I been wanting to see this for a long time. I been wanting to adapt one of these to my Hemi Challenger for some time now. As of now the only real options were GV overdrive that requires bashing in the floor or the weak 700R4 crap.
Allan G.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The plan is a DYI Kit that can be installed by the end user. The ring is a complete bolt on. The difficult part is cutting off the bell. If you are skilled with a sawzall you can do it. I am also going to offer service for the work to be done in a mill for a perfect cut.

The plan is a DYI Kit that can be installed by the end user. The ring is a complete bolt on. The difficult part is cutting off the bell. If you are skilled with a sawzall you can do it. I am also going to offer service for the work to be done in a mill for a perfect cut.

Please provide some more detail if you can, I'm interested in a kit for my challenger.
AG

Please provide some more detail if you can, I'm interested in a kit for my challenger.
AG

Basically you would cut off the bell housing same as you would for a TH400. The adapter ring bolts on over the pump. This can be done without pump removal. There are no mods to the pump or pan rail. Once the ring is bolted you can use any of the bell housings offered by Reid. In your case BB or SB mopar. I would provide a flywheel and pilot adapter and spacer for a standard GM 27 spline 2004R converter to be used. The picture is the prototype. I made the prototype and 3 additional manually. They will be CNC from here on. I should have them done for sale by end of November to first part of dec.

Basically you would cut off the bell housing same as you would for a TH400. The adapter ring bolts on over the pump. This can be done without pump removal. There are no mods to the pump or pan rail. Once the ring is bolted you can use any of the bell housings offered by Reid. In your case BB or SB mopar. I would provide a flywheel and pilot adapter and spacer for a standard GM 27 spline 2004R converter to be used. The picture is the prototype. I made the prototype and 3 additional manually. They will be CNC from here on. I should have them done for sale by end of November to first part of dec.
Is there a positive locating pilot on the adapter ring to pump and/or positive locating features on the bell housing to ring?
AG

The ring is piloted by the bolts and the first .050 of the pump opening of the case. The bolts are an interference fit Same as with every other bolt on bell housing or adapter. The bolt circle was digitized on 10 transmission cases then averaged. The Bell housing is piloted by the 9.300 x .260 lip on the adapter ring same as it is on the Reid PG and Turbo case.

they've been doing these to powerglides and the TH350 and TH400 transmissions forever... i'm surprised no one has offered this for a 2004r before now...

Lonnie...
You truly are a MIRACLE WORK.... I have been looking for this. I tried the ULTRABELL -JWinters and had no luck. My bought a fresh tranny that dropped a crank (Wastegate hose popped off 40lbs) and broke the tranny housing in 3 pieces. All of the internals are still good (billet parts, transbrake, etc.). Was going to either weld it back (BAD Idea) or get another case. Your work will be saving guys like me. Please set a price and availability. I am subscribed....
2013-07-09_19-47-30_584.jpg

Well, cwmcray, your is almost ready based on the pic! I have found the best thing for cutting is to drill from the inside out with a 1/8" drill bit and then use the holes to create a line on the exterior of the bell for your cut line. Did this to about a dozen th400s and it is very easy. I found that a jig saw works well with the tilt feature on the base. Use WD40 and the blade doesn't "pack up" with aluminum.
Lonnie, please let us know when the pricing has been set, Jon

I made 4 of them manually. I have sent out an example and drawings. Hope to have a price set and adapters in hand in 30 days. Also doing them for the 4L80E, 700R4, Early 4L60E.

Lonnie...
You truly are a MIRACLE WORK.... I have been looking for this. I tried the ULTRABELL -JWinters and had no luck. My bought a fresh tranny that dropped a crank (Wastegate hose popped off 40lbs) and broke the tranny housing in 3 pieces. All of the internals are still good (billet parts, transbrake, etc.). Was going to either weld it back (BAD Idea) or get another case. Your work will be saving guys like me. Please set a price and availability. I am subscribed....View attachment 204357
That is a Hot mess.

Lonnie.. I agree. Believe it or not this happen on freeway not track.... Brand rebuild with billet parts and PTC 9/11 convertor. 5-6 passes (10.50's) and on the way home, friend floored it chasing a Vette up to 140 mph and the XFI was NOT set up for top end. Left off throttle and crank broke in three pieces:(