The NEW GN & GNX...coming soon America!!

It's not happening.
They would have rolled it out at the show if it were.
That was what all the "insiders" were saying.
(Rolls eyes at you Edmunds)
Not going to be.
It does not fit anywhere into the Buick marketing scheme.
The Enclave and son of Enclave i.e - Encore - is Buick now.

I gave up a long time ago trying to convince people that this isn't going to happen. It's kinda funny really, or sad actually, everybody talks like it'd be cool if they were built but every single person bitches about what they might end up being.
Like Heis says, it aint happ'n. Not in Buick's plan. Hell, it's really way beyond luck that Buick is even still around!!!!

The funny part is Buick already has a Turbo Regal. So why would they use another platform if they were going to bring back a GN version?
I've explained this before

Last edited:
I have a friend that saw the prototype a few days ago its at a well known aftermarket companies shop getting some work done and from what he says its a coupe not a four door....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a friend that saw the prototype a few days ago its at a well known aftermarket companies shop getting some work done and from what he says its a coupe not a four door....

That's what I've been waiting to hear. If this is happening, GM will keep it quiet. They don't need any more hype than what is already available to sell them.

Hey guys. I'm new and made an intro thread.
Thought I'd post here as I've been following this site for anything I could get pertaining to the new GN/GNX.

So, now that the ATS-V with a TTV6 and also an ATS Coupe has been introduced, don't you think that gives us hope that a Coupe GN/GNX could actually happen? Be curious how you all feel about this.

I think it'll happen, but I don't think many others do. And those that think it may happen, seem to think it'll be a pile of crap, but so was the original, so I don't understand the whining.

Hey guys. I'm new and made an intro thread.
Thought I'd post here as I've been following this site for anything I could get pertaining to the new GN/GNX.

So, now that the ATS-V with a TTV6 and also an ATS Coupe has been introduced, don't you think that gives us hope that a Coupe GN/GNX could actually happen? Be curious how you all feel about this.

Not really. Think about it, Buick already has a Regal GS turbo, why would they want a GN in the same stable??? Buick is no longer the least bit concerned with making performance coupes or sedans. They're leaving that up to Cadillac and Chevy.

The ONLY reason Buick even still exists is because of the huge numbers they're selling in China.

The ONLY reason Buick even still exists is because of the huge numbers they're selling in China.
I agree with you on this point. I do not think they will bring back a car we would approve of but I do think they will try, why else would they have trademarked the moniker again?

I agree with you on this point. I do not think they will bring back a car we would approve of but I do think they will try, why else would they have trademarked the moniker again?

Very simple explanation. So that they can continue pulling in revenue from licensing by vendors that want to continue to use the names, logos, etc.
doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Not really. Think about it, Buick already has a Regal GS turbo, why would they want a GN in the same stable??? Buick is no longer the least bit concerned with making performance coupes or sedans. They're leaving that up to Cadillac and Chevy.

Exactly what I've been saying, and there already is a "the new turbo regal" section here.

I think will be next year the regal will be long in the tooth design wise so time for an update we already got the camaro update vette update caddy update the twin turbo motor in the caddy will have some miles so they can see how it wo 'll do before they push the envelope in the GN... and with the other cars being old news perfect time to let it shine...They anticipate low volume from the chevy ss and dont have a problem making them so y not the gn....

Take a look at the 2015 ATS V Coupe. I would hope and think GM would use the coupe model for the GN/GNX. Play with the the tail lights and front facia and side rear window shape I see a GN/GNX. The bulge on the hood is already evident . Could be a possibility.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1391396590.786834.jpg
2015 ATS Coupe

. Hell, it's really way beyond luck that Buick is even still around!!!!
Indeed.
They are barely around
The Buick sales lately haven't been so hot - in a year where cars flew off the lots.
They are a one trick pony mostly - Enclave.
The rest of the stuff - no matter how good - have to compete in a visciously competitive market.

Mark Reuss and his office chair made from a GN seat.
While he leans back in it and adjusts his french cuffs and cuff links - and surveys the train wreck they call GM.
He's a fancy boy.

I think will be next year the regal will be long in the tooth design wise so time for an update we already got the camaro update vette update caddy update the twin turbo motor in the caddy will have some miles so they can see how it wo 'll do before they push the envelope in the GN... and with the other cars being old news perfect time to let it shine...They anticipate low volume from the chevy ss and dont have a problem making them so y not the gn....

The Chubby SS is a different story.
It's all about having to contractually export so many Holdens.
Which is fixing to become a dead Holden.
Again.

I think will be next year the regal will be long in the tooth design wise so time for an update

They didn't even have the wisdom to base a future GN on the REGAL.
That was a non starter.
It's a 4 door family box.
Grand National without a REGAL in front is stupid.
But GM is stupid.
And the insult is they abandoned NASCAR and jettisoned Buick Motorsports 25 years ago.
They're just street walkers - in suits.

Very simple explanation. So that they can continue pulling in revenue from licensing by vendors that want to continue to use the names, logos, etc.
doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Exactly.
Just like Google selling Motorola at a loss of some 9+ billion, but keeping the patents.
It's the paper that is worth the money - not the actual "stuff"