The NEW GN & GNX...coming soon America!!

Maybe and this is a big maybe, but what if Buick is telling you guys that's theres no chance of another gn and theyrr just saying that so when they do release it that no automaker will be able to to touch it. Just like in 87. Imho I think that would be smart of them. Hit the market with a badass gn that nobody knew was coming. Or when you ask them if they are going to rerelease the gn they decided that it wouldn't be good to tarnish the gn name but are coming out with something similar just named differently. Idk I love these cars and I guess its just nice to dream of the possibilities.

Clinton

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

OMG! :eek: Really???

Article from gmauthority.com on May 21

After years of speculation about the return of the Buick Regal Grand National line, our sources tell us that General Motors has decided to bring back the coveted nameplate. GM’s filings with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office solidify the claims. At this point, many of the details related to the vehicles are unknown, such as what body style the vehicles will be available in. However, initial sources tell us that GM is working on a two-door coupe Regal Grand National as well as a four-door sedan for the (non Grand National) Regal line.

What

A Regal Grand National and high-performance Regal GNX sport-luxury coupe based on GM’s highly-acclaimed Alpha vehicle architecture shared with the Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, and sixth-generation Chevy Camaro.

The Regal GN and GNX coupes will be joined by the Regal sedan.

Why

It has been reported that General Motors has recognized market demand for a sport-luxury vehicle from Buick. The Buick Regal, which is effectively a rebadged Opel-Vauxhall Insignia based on GM’s front-drive Epsilon II vehicle architecture, was rumored to not be meeting GM’s sales volume expectations. So to serve the market better, GM might have decided to try a different approach with the rear-drive Alpha-based Regal sedan and Regal Grand National coupe.

When

We expect the Regal Grand National to return for the 2017 model year vehicle, with market availability in late 2016. The high-performance Regal GNX should follow shortly thereafter.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/buic...onal/2017-regal-grand-national/#ixzz341Jfqm1a

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hope this car is good looking, and has at least a low 12 second timeslip in it from the factory. Or at least be like the original and be super easy to make that fast. It BETTER have a turbo V6 with automatic in it or I will be super disappointed.

I hope this car is good looking, and has at least a low 12 second timeslip in it from the factory. Or at least be like the original and be super easy to make that fast. It BETTER have a turbo V6 with automatic in it or I will be super disappointed.

Unfortunately, I don't think they are making it for current GN fans. More so to get new people into the brand. I wonder how many of us own late model Buicks now anyway?

I had a '98 GS as a daily driver, till the paint defect started to show itself. LOVED my GS but I'm not driving a flaked up paint car, and didn't want to spend the money to paint the entire car. New Buicks suck ass. And the new T? That's not a Buick...

Unfortunately, I don't think they are making it for current GN fans. More so to get new people into the brand. I wonder how many of us own late model Buicks now anyway?
That strategy played out real well for the reintroduction of the GTO; why not try it again. :rolleyes:

Because the new GTO's weren't Pontiac, and they weren't even American. I think it's an unfair comparison. That's IF the new Buicks will be truly American designed/built. Unlike all the Holdens and Opels we rebadge and keep trying to trick people into thinking they're ours...

That's completely off the mark. If that was the case, the Camaro would have flunked too as it is based on a Holden platform and built in Canada.

The issue with the 2004 GTO was that it looked like a Cavalier on steroids. It was assumed that because the car was loaded with desirable performance attributes (and it is a great car underneath) that it did not need to have any visual linkage to the original generations of GTOs. They didn't even offer hood scoops. They figured they could bank on the young guns to buy these things so why bother marketing to the older folks who may have had a GTO before? You know, the one's who could actually afford them?

So, if Buick was looking to create an exciting new turbo car that would be respected by enthusiasts (unlike the current wrong wheel drive Turbo Regal), then it would behoove them to do something style-wise to evoke the passion of their last successful street stormer. Doesn't mean completely retro like the Mustang/Camaro but it also shouldn't be a complete departure like putting GTO emblems on a jellybean.

I'm only buying if it's a body-on-frame, sfi, 3.8, turbo, auto, RWD...oh wait, we already have those.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That's completely off the mark. If that was the case, the Camaro would have flunked too as it is based on a Holden platform and built in Canada.

The issue with the 2004 GTO was that it looked like a Cavalier on steroids. It was assumed that because the car was loaded with desirable performance attributes (and it is a great car underneath) that it did not need to have any visual linkage to the original generations of GTOs. They didn't even offer hood scoops. They figured they could bank on the young guns to buy these things so why bother marketing to the older folks who may have had a GTO before? You know, the one's who could actually afford them?

So, if Buick was looking to create an exciting new turbo car that would be respected by enthusiasts (unlike the current wrong wheel drive Turbo Regal), then it would behoove them to do something style-wise to evoke the passion of their last successful street stormer. Doesn't mean completely retro like the Mustang/Camaro but it also shouldn't be a complete departure like putting GTO emblems on a jellybean.

It's not off the mark whatsoever. Although I do love your post and agree with it completely, what I said was completely correct. You even kinda said it in your post as well, which was that you cannot re-release an old AMERICAN muscle icon and then tell people that even though the old one was actually made in the U.S., this one's a foreigner." How are you going to release a foreign car and then try to tell me this is the new icon, the GTO. Right. Don't try to pass off some foreign car as American muscle. It's not going to work. Half the entire reason we bought those bad ass cars back then was because our own people were making them lol. If I wanted a really fast car that destroyed gas and was expensive, I already had a million options out there. The entire purpose of their marketing was to try and tell the public that this was the old American muscle car continuation when it was not. I thought the car was kinda cool honestly. Right up until the second I found out it wasn't even a Pontiac; it was an import. I immediately dismissed the car as an option and moved on. It's NOT a GTO. Period.

Just like your sentence here "then it would behoove them to do something style-wise to evoke the passion of their last successful street stormer" This is what I mean. HALF that entire "passion" was because a lot of these muscle cars were being made by our dads literally right down the street. American muscle being made by American people, right in our own neighborhoods. Just like my dad. He was on the Charger and Challenger assembly lines. How awesome was that. If it's not American, it's not muscle. It may be a "sports car" but it's not American muscle. Anyone looking for a "GTO" or some other icon like this is NOT hoping for a foreign car. Screw that. Hell, I may even drive a foreign car one of these days (lookin at an older subaru legacy for it's awd) but my hot rods will NEVER be foreign.

Ok, well, if it's any consolation, GM is closing Holden production in Australia by 2017 and in 2012 announced that Camaro production will be moving to Lansing by 2015. Perhaps these moves improve the chances of getting a real, American Turbo Buick.

Australians are British convicts so they are rejects of the Queen just like us. I don't see a problem with a GTO made in Australia.

Australia got some kick ass cars, especially some of the older ones, and im not talking bout the monaro/gto....I always remember that orange wagon from the beginning of the madmax movie..