The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

sounds good

good work on the car. I dont think anybody would complain though, a 1981 sport coupe is a turbo regal, just the first of the body style like the gn. has the same hood, but a little different headerpanel. But I was kidding, I;ll be bringing the elky. Its doing ok, but i'm having a fuel pressure issue. thats why it knocks, I figured it out. Now just need to find out how to fix it :eek:

Q

David:
I think that Pat is asking about the limit that the dyno will test to in HP, TQ, or MPH? Pat wants to be assured that he will win the prize for the highest HP or TQ, if there is one?

No, no, if we do go, we would not count ourselves in for any prizes. The last dynojet we tested on kind of freeked out @ 180 MPH and would dump the run so we would not get any data. I was just curious if it had a wheel speed limit, or any other limits, that's all. Thanks for any info you have. See ya...

-p

Cool...

That's cool. We would not need that much, only maybe 1100 @ 185 ish. Thanks for the info!

-p

if we blow up on the dyno do we get a complimentory tow and a long hug from a dyno girl? LOL. also will there be someone there who is up to speed on the fast xfi system? Im hoping to have that on the car and running by then but may need some fine tuning assistance in between runs :biggrin: . as im changing a little bit on the setup. :eek: . Also jeremy let bring the 81 out and hook a 200 shot of nitrous to it and see what it does :eek: :eek: :biggrin: . call me.

nailheadpowered said:
if we blow up on the dyno do we get a complimentory tow and a long hug from a dyno girl? LOL. also will there be someone there who is up to speed on the fast xfi system? Im hoping to have that on the car and running by then but may need some fine tuning assistance in between runs :biggrin: . as im changing a little bit on the setup. :eek: . Also jeremy let bring the 81 out and hook a 200 shot of nitrous to it and see what it does :eek: :eek: :biggrin: . call me.
----------------------------------
I will be there to buy spare parts as cars hand gernade, I just hope that they are not my own. All kidding aside, hopefully nobody breaks anything other than their pride, and that will probably be me.

I plan on testing the copper SCE titans to there full potential :eek: along with the crank pistons cam and anything else moving in my heap :eek: LOL.

be a good reason to go stage 2 build!

my plans

i'm going to get there and do five donuts in the parking lot, and burn rubber until my 18's blow out, then i'm going to dyno the elky on the bare rims. :)
and as for the 81, I hope to have it registered by then, i'll let Timmy drive it there :D

4 weeks and a few days, time sure is dragging by on this now. I am hoping that this "wimpy richard" car of mine will turn in at least stock HP & TQ #s. It would also be nice to not be selling parts of what used to be my motor, too. I would like to buy and have Lou install that $8K motor that he has built up n his shop, but I think an $8K motor will severly damage, if not kill, my bank account. I'll bet that Lou is planning on installing that already built motor that he has in his shop, and not saying anything. Him and Kevin are too quiet all of a sudden. I'm hungry, what's for the barbeque?

Gary

if you want to drop an 8k motor in your t, your not crazy, but for as original your car is, I would'nt even toutch it. If you want something faster, since it seems you do, buy a beater, and beat it. As far as Lou and Mike being quiet, I know that Lou has the resources to turn out some good numbers, but as for Mike, and you do mean wicked87 right? he's quiet because he knows nailheadpoweredgs (damn that Mike needs to change that long name!) is going to put a sock in his mouth for good. :rolleyes: and that will be nice to see since all he could talk about when I met him right after I did my hybrid, is how he was going to whoop my cars but up and down the street, without even taking the time to look at it first. Oh well, if you cant beat em, join em right? :) cant wait :cool:

TURBOELKY said:
if you want to drop an 8k motor in your t, your not crazy, but for as original your car is, I would'nt even toutch it. If you want something faster, since it seems you do, buy a beater, and beat it. As far as Lou and Mike being quiet, I know that Lou has the resources to turn out some good numbers, but as for Mike, and you do mean wicked87 right? he's quiet because he knows nailheadpoweredgs (damn that Mike needs to change that long name!) is going to put a sock in his mouth for good. :rolleyes: and that will be nice to see since all he could talk about when I met him right after I did my hybrid, is how he was going to whoop my cars but up and down the street, without even taking the time to look at it first. Oh well, if you cant beat em, join em right? :) cant wait :cool:
No I'm not dead! I've been too busy working on Bob's TT V/8 & several other projects.I haven't had time to do anymore with my Regal. Not that it needs anymore. I'm not exepecting my car to turn out any impressive H.P. numbers. I'm more interested in the whole combination & seeing how far I can take it with stock parts without getting too carried away. Just as long as it gets me to the donut shop & back & hang out with Well's LOL

turbolou said:
No I'm not dead! I've been too busy working on Bob's TT V/8 & several other projects.I haven't had time to do anymore with my Regal. Not that it needs anymore. I'm not exepecting my car to turn out any impressive H.P. numbers. I'm more interested in the whole combination & seeing how far I can take it with stock parts without getting too carried away. Just as long as it gets me to the donut shop & back & hang out with Well's LOL

What about me!! lol

pamo61 said:
No, no, if we do go, we would not count ourselves in for any prizes. The last dynojet we tested on kind of freeked out @ 180 MPH and would dump the run so we would not get any data. I was just curious if it had a wheel speed limit, or any other limits, that's all. Thanks for any info you have. See ya...-p
-----------------------------
Just kidding, pat, anybody that builds or has an 1100 RWHP TT buick deserves a prize as far as I am conderned. you're welcome to sign up and join us. A lot of us are doing this primarily for fun. I have so little HP & TQ that's what I am claiming anyhow.

Underboost said:
What about me!! lol
------------------------------
Lou, you been cheating on me? You been selling your sheep cheap (pun intended) to somebody else?
Or would that be sheeper cheaper?
That would mean your a ewer doer, right?
Beast.

Wells said:
------------------------------
Lou, you been cheating on me? You been selling your sheep cheap (pun intended) to somebody else?
Or would that be sheeper cheaper?
That would mean your a ewer doer, right?
Beast.

?? Sorry over my head Wells. Going to the dshop this weekend?

THE DYNOSTORE said:
??????? :confused:

Our machine tests for HP and torque and speed limit. Is that what you are asking?
A/F would also be helpful. Will your deal include that also? Does the print out provide data in incredements. I would like also be able to know where peak torque curve is at. That would be helpful in tuneing & verifieing things like matching stall, cam & turbo combinations.

Lou,

All of that will be an additional $50......if only :biggrin:

Yes, you will be given a print out with A/F and curve for HP and torque.

TDS