Great Dyno Shoot day at at:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Mike Barnard (SPOOLFOOL2) put together a great dyno shoot day at House of Power, located at 7522 Slater Ave # 112 & 113, Huntington Beach, CA 92647.
Mike had me dyno 1st to offset the possibility of heat soak in SLIC that I use, as we found at Fontana when setting up the methanol injection that my slic is subject to heat soak once warmed up. Mike set up my car for the dyno and on the 2nd or 3rd pull got 321 RWHP & 344 RWTQ. Mike's new motor broke the dyno at about 475 RWHP or so, even while having an issue or 2. Unfortunately,
this meant that no one else got to dyno. Mike did his typical through job to make sure that everybody had a great time. Everybody brought something & Rafael did a great job of barbecuing. Josh, owner & operator of the House of Power also made sure that everybody had a great time. Most names I will probably forget, but in attendance were Lou Czarnota, Jeff Rand, Rick Percy, Rafael, his brothers Jorge & Joe, Harold (Kevin), Alberto (grandbeto), Luis (EVIL87), Pete, (Petesgn) 87NASHIONAL, ACE Auto Parts, local supplier of Methanol & alcohol, (located directly accross from Donut Derelict's in Huntington Beach, and unfortunately, I can't remember the rest of the names.
I am certain that Mike and Josh will be having another dyno run in the near future on a bigger scale. There was a customers 600 RWHP Dodge Charger in there, and the customers cars in the lot ran from a really kool maybe '63 Ford Falcon 2 door wagon with a 289 and a couple of trick Mercedes. The 600 RWHP Charger will be running in the Silver State Classic this year. Definitely a good place to spend a Saturday.
House of Power: >www.hopracing.com< tele: (714) 842-9515, Fax (714) 842-8510, E-mail at: >hopracing@hopracing.com<
Good food, good fun, good company.

It was I nice get together. I want to thank Ralph for loaning me his crew chief Jeff Rand to give me a jump when the customers car I was driving on a shake down cruise stalled exiting the beach blvd off ramp & needed a jump. I had to push the thing by hand with some good Samaritans help about 1/2 mile to get it away far enough from traffic to work on it in some parking lot. Fortunately I'm buffed out & in good shape lest I was to succumb to heart failure from the physical exertion & damage to my pride. I now suppose I'm expected to be civil towards Jeff. This is very demoralizing.

lou you crack me up,,
good to see you guys out there another great event.
thanks to mike for putting together a fun day.

I wish I could have made it to this. :( . I was yet again working. But I have "good news" I got a new job as of Fri. and won't be on the road as much, so that means more time for the buick. I still have 2 weeks with my current employer so ill be on the road to cinci, OH this Tues. then Indy. IN tell the 18th. Then I'm home for good! ;) I can't wait! Bowling Green here Lou and I come!

I wish I could have made it to this. :( . I was yet again working. But I have "good news" I got a new job as of Fri. and won't be on the road as much, so that means more time for the buick. I still have 2 weeks with my current employer so ill be on the road to cinci, OH this Tues. then Indy. IN tell the 18th. Then I'm home for good! ;) I can't wait! Bowling Green here Lou and I come!
Congrats on landing that job, It will be good to start working on the national again. pant! pant !

lou you crack me up,,
good to see you guys out there another great event.
thanks to mike for putting together a fun day.
Same here Ralph,Although I was a bit intimidated looking at all them relatives of yours ( I counted 35 at least ) But happy to say they were on there best behavior no shootings,stabbings or rapes were reported. lol

Same here Ralph,Although I was a bit intimidated looking at all them relatives of yours ( I counted 35 at least ) But happy to say they were on there best behavior no shootings,stabbings or rapes were reported. lol

Lou, when I could not find jumper cables, the relatives offered to go to your car and pick it and carry it over to the dyno.
Jeff

Thanks to all that made this dyno day happen. It was nice to see everyone in such good spirits.

Area 51 secret flogathon.

Years ago we used to have TB tech sesions at Lou's big shop. It was realy cool. We'd get 20 or 30 TB people, some cheap pizza, get all jacked up on sodas, and have Lou try and explain to us how to keep from driving over our crankshafts. I guess it was kind of a two way question and answer deal, that we'd discuss different new products, ideas, and ways of tuning. We havent done anything like this in years, and it was my goal to try and recreate this type of setting with some people that our passionate about keeping Turbo Buicks on the cutting edge of whats out there.

The owner, and operator of House of Power (Josh) is great at tuning forced induction EFI cars. He's also in the loop with many other forced induction clubs, race teams, and manufacturers. For those of you that hung out for the tech talk after, you can see what I mean.

It was a fun day. No one went hungry. We learned stuff, and the burnout contest went well:D . Any vid of that?

Sory to the people that didn't get to flog. We might have to have a re-flogulation day ;) .

Mike Barnard

ISory to the people that didn't get to flog. We might have to have a re-flogulation day ;) .

Whoa!!!!?:eek:
Hand check!

well....besides missing this ...flogulating party :confused: EWE!!!!!!

I had my son's football camp to attend to, so was unable to go.
Hopefully next time aorund the stars will align and both my Turbo Buicks good health and my calendar will be aligned.
Any pix of the festivities?
Keep the nasty ones to yourselves....;)

Years ago we used to have TB tech sesions at Lou's big shop. It was realy cool. We'd get 20 or 30 TB people, some cheap pizza, get all jacked up on sodas, and have Lou try and explain to us how to keep from driving over our crankshafts. I guess it was kind of a two way question and answer deal, that we'd discuss different new products, ideas, and ways of tuning. We havent done anything like this in years, and it was my goal to try and recreate this type of setting with some people that our passionate about keeping Turbo Buicks on the cutting edge of whats out there.

The owner, and operator of House of Power (Josh) is great at tuning forced induction EFI cars. He's also in the loop with many other forced induction clubs, race teams, and manufacturers. For those of you that hung out for the tech talk after, you can see what I mean.

It was a fun day. No one went hungry. We learned stuff, and the burnout contest went well:D . Any vid of that?

Sory to the people that didn't get to flog. We might have to have a re-flogulation day ;) .

Mike Barnard
I would love to host another event, but my humble shop is too small, Back then the knowledge wasn't available & I could sling some B.S. sound impressive & no one knew the difference. Those that did were kind enough not to embarrass me. Now a days you guys are much too smart.