The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

I belive the dynostore rocks the dynojet...i could be wrong......I thought I heard that...... :confused:

GNguy said:
I belive the dynostore rocks the dynojet...i could be wrong......I thought I heard that...... :confused:

Our machine is actually a DynoCom Dyno. It is like a DynoJet but the software is more advanced. The Eddy Break is center mouted and the drums are much larger. www.dynocom.net bottom picture first page is our shop ;)

So in reality it is nothing like a DynoJet. Actually, from what we have been told, one of DynoJets head techs now works for DynoCom.. Need I say more?

David

Ok, Ok, Ok

I'm In For The 13th At Dyno Store, And One Rice Is Ok By Me,
I Plan To Bring The We4, But.........
If Its Not Out Of Paint Shop, Can I Put The Econo Car On The Dyno?
Hey The C5 Get 28 Mpg Hiway!

Thanks
Cruzn57

cruzn57 said:
I'm In For The 13th At Dyno Store, And One Rice Is Ok By Me, I Plan To Bring The We4, But......... If Its Not Out Of Paint Shop, Can I Put The Econo Car On The Dyno? Hey The C5 Get 28 Mpg Hiway! Thanks
Cruzn57
----------------------------------------
If the WE4 doesn't make it out in time, certainly you can run the C5.
----------------------------------
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you there, Lee.

THE DYNOSTORE said:
Our machine is actually a DynoCom Dyno. It is like a DynoJet but the software is more advanced. The Eddy Break is center mouted and the drums are much larger. www.dynocom.net bottom picture first page is our shop ;)

So in reality it is nothing like a DynoJet. Actually, from what we have been told, one of DynoJets head techs now works for DynoCom.. Need I say more?

David

Cool....good thing you clarified that.

count me in for sure to be there and for the dyno also,if possible please tell me how much it is again for the dyno session?

carrddine said:
count me in for sure to be there and for the dyno also,if possible please tell me how much it is again for the dyno session?
-----------------------------------
Tim: $60.00 per car. Sat., 05-13-2006, starts about 8:00 A.M. First come, first dyno.

Wells said:
Tim: $60.00 per car. Sat., 05-13-2006, starts about 8:00 A.M. First come, first dyno.

this is going to be fun :tongue: :tongue: all theses buicks in one place

GNBUICK87 said:
this is going to be fun :tongue: :tongue: all theses buicks in one place
-------------------------------------
That's the way that I see it too. This should be a kick, and educational. I have never dynoed my car. I am interested is seeing what #'s the car develops. We will have access to a lot of #'s of different combinations and will know what really works and what doesn't.

Wells said:
-------------------------------------
That's the way that I see it too. This should be a kick, and educational. I have never dynoed my car. I am interested is seeing what #'s the car develops. We will have access to a lot of #'s of different combinations and will know what really works and what doesn't.
...Not that a "dyno" isn't fun, but what good is it without tuning time? So, basically you guys are going to find out who has the tightest convertor with the biggest turbo...Sounds like Supras to me..Correct me if I'm wrong..no wait...nevermind don't... I've seen 750hp "dyno" cars run 11's. Guess it's all in the tire kicking, conversation crowd, car show confusion.....Schedule a track date and then post some times/numbers. That would be much more informative/cost effective, for those who want "real numbers".No offense but guess guys named "Wiked"(wants to be "Wicked") need not apply......

scott wile

To Whom it may concern.

hmmm well I don't know how to reply to this but here goes, first of all I am not interested to see how fast and WIKED my car is: ( WIKED its just a name), all I care about is my car running down the road looking pretty and getting complements on it, I did not buy a grand national to Measure D**** with anybody, not prove that my car made the highest HP and torque numbers or to beat up on it at the track turning up the boost until it blows up and look stupid. Allow me to clarify one thing (I AM NOT A DRAG RACER NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL BE), I just like to drive and enjoy my car, the car is fast enough for me and I enjoy very much everytime I turn the key and drive it away, this is a weekend car and it only sees drive time to car shows the occasional date or a nice sunny afternoon drive, I think I made my point.. and yes you are right I don't need to apply because I am not interested in any of the drag racing nonsense that is involved with the sport :). have a nice day.

Kevin M.

Chevota said:
Schedule a track date and then post some times/numbers. That would be much more informative/cost effective, for those who want "real numbers".No offense but guess guys named "Wiked"(wants to be "Wicked") need not apply......

scott wile

We do agree that a dyno run is only used to show performance. However, occasional dyno testing assures the driver that their ride is performing at its best.. Fuel and air ratios can change based upon engine performance. We have had a LOT of guys think their car is running great until the Dyno proves that their car is about to blow because it is so damn lean or rich.

TDS

THE DYNOSTORE said:
We do agree that a dyno run is only used to show performance. However, occasional dyno testing assures the driver that their ride is performing at its best.. Fuel and air ratios can change based upon engine performance. We have had a LOT of guys think their car is running great until the Dyno proves that their car is about to blow because it is so damn lean or rich.

TDS
Will you be able to adjust the a/f etc.(I have a Fast ECM) at the time the car is on the dyno?
Thanks,
Jeff

Chevota said:
...Not that a "dyno" isn't fun, but what good is it without tuning time? So, basically you guys are going to find out who has the tightest convertor with the biggest turbo...Sounds like Supras to me..Correct me if I'm wrong..no wait...nevermind don't... I've seen 750hp "dyno" cars run 11's. Guess it's all in the tire kicking, conversation crowd, car show confusion.....Schedule a track date and then post some times/numbers. That would be much more informative/cost effective, for those who want "real numbers".No offense but guess guys named "Wiked"(wants to be "Wicked") need not apply......scott wile
---------------------------------
Chevota said:
...Not that a "dyno" isn't fun, but what good is it without tuning time? scott wile
:
It seems to me that in an e-mail that I received from The Dyno Store they indicated that there might be minor tuning adjustments allowed, depending upon conditions, but I will let them answer that officially. That particular aspect won't make or break it as a deal for me as I would like to know where my car is now, HP & TQ wise. I would like to have a reference point somewhere as I don't know how far I want to go with this thing.
-------------------------------
Chevota said:
...So, basically you guys are going to find out who has the tightest convertor with the biggest turbo...Sounds like Supras to me..Scott wile
Ok, so if I find out that I have the loosest converter with the smallest turbo there, that will still be fine with me. That will still help me in deciding what has to be replaced. A little knowledge is better than none in this case.
Chevota said:
...Sounds like Supras to me..scott wile
You are entirely too young to have bad hearing, Scott.
Chevota said:
...Correct me if I'm wrong..no wait...nevermind don't... I've seen 750hp "dyno" cars run 11's....scott wile
Nobody is wrong, not even you. We all see this from a different perspective
or viewpoint. I know it is common belief that I am so narrow minded I can see through a keyhole with both eyes open, and it is generally true. If somebody wants to drop a bundle on a "Dyno Queen" that doesn't turn the times that it should, then so be it. It is their money, and far be it for somebody else to pass judgement on that issue. More than likely, Scott, that imaginary person would probably support you in your quest for 1/4 mile ET's much better than you would support him in his trials and tribulations for the dyno throne.
Chevota said:
...Guess it's all in the tire kicking, conversation crowd, car show confusion.....Scott Wile
Sorry, I am a tire kicker to the max. I am sure that you are aware that "TOLTK" stands for "The On-Line Tire Kicker", I would hate to be in a crowd that actually did not converse. Sign language, maybe?. And I love car shows, especially turbo Buick, TTA car shows, and sometimes the other shows aren't too bad either.
----------------------------------
Chevota said:
...Schedule a track date and then post some times/numbers. That would be much more informative/cost effective, for those who want "real numbers"...Scott wile
Schedule a track date: Nay, that's Steve Hurst's job, and he has the bases pretty well covered in that area. Too many events of the same type will spoil the attendance. We might at a later dcate, though. My #'s will be real, Scott, they just may not be real from your perspective. And they will be as informative/cost effective towards my goal as yours are to you.
------------------------------
Good hearing from you, thanks for the input, we will put it to good use, Hope that you and your family are in good health and spirits, I hope that you do well at the drags, I see that you are knocking on 9's door. Say "Hi" to your dad for me. We'lll think about how much fun that you are missing while we are at the Dyno day. Good luck in your quest for the 9's, I am sure that you will be there soon. You and your dad are always welcome to join us at any of the Southwestern Section/turbo Buick events Scott. I still believe that this will be a lot of fun, even for the hard-core drag racers such as yourself and your dad. Donuts, barbeque, dyno, 3 pulls, good clean,(unfortunately) turbo Buick fun. Good company, too. Community spirit kind of thing, dude. Sorry for the long post. even Kevin & Lou Czarnota, the "Bad sheppard" of the turbo Buick community have signed up and are joining the fun for the turbo Buick community spirit, whatever the hell that means. Sounded good, huh? Come join us.

Jeff Rand said:
Will you be able to adjust the a/f etc.(I have a Fast ECM) at the time the car is on the dyno?
Thanks,
Jeff

Not sure if there is still room on this thread after that last post :biggrin:

That is correct... Jeff Price will be lead dyno dude that day and he is hot and horny for Buicks, as some of you already know.. Sooooooo he will be more than happy to play with your car. However, to be fair he will limit his time to quick fixes. Remember, if we dont get you all that day those that missed out can return for up to 2 weeks after for the same $60 rate.

David

THE DYNOSTORE said:
Not sure if there is still room on this thread after that last post :biggrin:David
------------------------------Hey, I was just trying to get a word in edgewise.

DynoStore Question...

Does your Dyno have a HP/torque or wheel speed limit? Just curious...

Thanks!

-p

Hey Gary

maybe i'll bring my new toy. 1981 buick sport coupe. 131k original miles, looks like a beater, runs like a...............well??? honda? :D

I can't speak for everybody, but if you want to bring it, then bring it. I don't want to see anybody's ride hand gernade on the dyno, including mine. How's the elky doing? I can't wait for this thing, wish it was next week instead of 5 weeks away. I guess that will give everybody plenty of time to get ready. I did finish off my suspension Monday, though, not that it will do me any good on a dyno. I fixed the sm so it can't show any knock retard anymore. Running 100 octane unleaded now.