The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

With you guys all playing so nice, I am at a loss as to whom to recommend for the annual "Goody Goody Two Shoes Award." maybe Brent will consider joining us at the Dyno Shoot?

turbolou said:
Give me a call if your ever in need. Regards Lou
As long as I dont get cussed out and get a shotgun pointed at me when I ask where a good radiator shop is or what that noise under my car is. :confused: :biggrin:
Good to know....thanks.

Hey Lou

turbolou said:
hey Mike, what happened to the old sig? :rolleyes: well Mike, I was once in the position where I had to pay somebody to work on my car, but thats because I didnt know how to paint or stitch leather :D your either mechanically inclined, or your paying. Then some of us are just too cheap to pay so we learn... kind of like me, but that engine stand at my house has had engines on it since I was 16, that was 9 years ago. We all live and learn, some of us will learn to stay quiet until its their turn, or learn to not speak too soon. But i'm just a young punk, what do I know about respect. I wont tell you i'll whoop your cars but up and down the street before I look at it though :rolleyes: that happened to me before, but oh well. By the way, you have a very clean set of taillights anyways, so that will ease the eye's :tongue: and I think your sig is missing a few performance items!
what did you edit? are you calling me a bittch? :eek:

if there is a problem

with me commenting on Mike and Kevins problems, I have my reasons. I personally dont know Kevin very well, but this is why I have Mike's back on this one. I was at Rubys about 8 months ago, and seen a gn in the parking lot(show) and I went up to the guy driving it. I complimented him on his car, I did like it, and try'd to start a conversation with him like I do with everybody since I believe I am a real respectable stand up young man. I told him, hey you have a nice car, I brought my el camino out today, it has a gn drive train in it. The very first thing out of his mouth was "well i'll whoop your cars a$$ up and down the street all day!", I said no more, and turned around and walked away, ask him, i'm sure he remembers. I can even tell you he was wearing a tight light blue shirt, and shorts. It was Kevin. I thought that was the most arrogant thing to say to somebody trying to make buddys. Maybe that's his personality, but I would'nt talk down on anybody like that. Mike on the other hand is a good buddy of mine, we both work on each others car for free, and thats the way it is. If anybody wants to talk down on me for my comments, feel free, you can even call me at 818 837 8313, besides that, I dont have a problem with anybody here, just telling it like it is. I'm not the one to bow down, but this crap needs to stop now, i'll be the man here and say squash it please, we are not rappers battling over east and west coast beef here. :D

Hmmm you must off said something to me to get that response , as far as the incident goes i dont remember it, and i will be completely honest with you, the only other cars i give respect too on the road are, other GN buick owners, Cobras with very loud blowers and slicks out back, Z06 with cam and heads or even a charger and slicks or drag radials out back, anything else is fair game, not afraid of anything because i know what my car is capable off on the streets, as far as mike goes 1st time i meet him he sold me a TE44 turbo that turned out bad, he made good by returning $200.00 back from the purchase price, he came out to me with a boost problem, i couldnt figure out because i refused to get my hands dirty wrenching under his hood, but i did recomend to him to check his hoses because the one hose coming out of his turbo outlet was one of those hoses with no reinforcing material in between and it looked in bad shape, i really didnt want to bother loosing the damn thing off and turning it over to check it because it was so dirty but it did looked kinda weird on the underneath side as if the clamp had sinked into it, he went home and checked that hose and that was basically his boosting problem (the clamp had cut the hose from the bottom and he had a nice 1 t o2 in cut on the hose but we couldnt see it from the top), next day he came out and i even took him to a local shop where you can find strong quality hoses that size with reinforced material in between i helped him install and even cut the hoses to size with a knife and his boosting problem was fixed, i am sure he remembers that but im not anyone to throw favors on peoples face, btw your welcome mike, you never thanked me for it.. i am sure he also remembers how his intercooler fan blew into little pieces from hitting his intercooler i guess he also didnt listen to me about replacing the missing bolts on the intercooler bracket that i found missing on my 1st inspection anyway some people never learn, now u know why my car looks good and it runs good because i am extremely anal about my stuff and wouldnt have it any other way.

wiked

VadersV6 said:
As long as I dont get cussed out and get a shotgun pointed at me when I ask where a good radiator shop is or what that noise under my car is. :confused: :biggrin:
Good to know....thanks.
Now why would I do something like that?

Damn guys, lets all hug and become freinds again :) ...

anyway, i want to comment on the "getting a shop to do work" thing.. i have worked on my GN since i purchased it 9 years ago. For the past 2 years i have changed jobs and now travel 4 to 5 days a week and don't have time to get under the hood.. Thats why i have Anderson's company work on my ride. i'm proud of the #'s and times my car produce but i always give the props to Billy and his team..

nordy racer said:
Damn guys, lets all hug and become freinds again :) ...

anyway, i want to comment on the "getting a shop to do work" thing.. i have worked on my GN since i purchased it 9 years ago. For the past 2 years i have changed jobs and now travel 4 to 5 days a week and don't have time to get under the hood.. Thats why i have Anderson's company work on my ride. i'm proud of the #'s and times my car produce but i always give the props to Billy and his team..

I commend you on your loyalty. If you have someone good stick with & support them. Shops like that are hard to find. These cars can eat up a lot of time & as with any special interest vehicle you have to be willing to go the extra mile & pay attention to detail. It's very easy to go from hero to zero in this business.

Well

wiked[/QUOTE]
I remember the incident clearly, but oh well. I really am not worried about the past, people do things daily that offend others . I dont expect anybody to respect my car, I know Steve Hurst did, and that means alot coming from somebody who has delt with only gn's for many years. My el camino is insignificant compared to some cars I have seen on the road. The only thing I can be proud of is that it is still on the road, and I turned every nut and bolt on the thing. I understand about not wanting to get dirty, hell, even sometimes I dont want to, but I do it for the love. It takes more than just a engine builder to get an engine running right. I will need to see somebody who tunes very soon. But anyhow, this is water under the bridge. If we can only make it to may! Gary, why was'nt this thing sooner!!! :eek:

That is the 1st available date that they had open for a group dyno day. I would have preferred to have had it sooner. At least this way we have something to look forward to. We have waited this long, we can wait the next 3 + weekends. It is 3 weeks away from this next Sat., so if all of our rides are alive & breathing well this coming Sat, just say to yourself, self, only 3 more weekends. If not, come out and and watch everybody else and say to yourself, "my motor would have made more HP & TQ that one if it had not let go". Glad to see that everybody is patching disagreements up. I think as a group, we do exceptionally well, even though we might individually have minor hiccups with one another, I think that we have learned that the whole sum is greater than the addition of the individual components. I am sure that the dyno day is worth waiting for, will be educational, and a lot of fun. It will be good to see the group together again.

yup

as a group we are alright :D my car wont see the street again until a week before then, just to get the fuel issue straight, and try to do some tunning. Gary, I think you do a good job as a moderator, talk later.

TURBOELKY said:
as a group we are alright :D my car wont see the street again until a week before then, just to get the fuel issue straight, and try to do some tunning. Gary, I think you do a good job as a moderator, talk later.
-----------------------------------
Jeremy: Thanks for the props. Basically, as a group, I think that we all see a need to help one another. I don't think any self respecting turbo Buick fan won't come to the aid of another one when the chips are down. And fwiw, I thing that your turbo Elco is a very standout car, in progress still a little, but a very respectable elco. Not wanting to sound condensending, but when I was your age I never had anything that nice. And when it is done, you still have the ace up your sleeve in the fact that you did it all yoruself. A true backyard project, something you don't see too much anymore. I am sure that it will be a very rewarding feeling when it is complete.

Gary

Wells said:
-----------------------------------
Jeremy: Thanks for the props. Basically, as a group, I think that we all see a need to help one another. I don't think any self respecting turbo Buick fan won't come to the aid of another one when the chips are down. And fwiw, I thing that your turbo Elco is a very standout car, in progress still a little, but a very respectable elco. Not wanting to sound condensending, but when I was your age I never had anything that nice. And when it is done, you still have the ace up your sleeve in the fact that you did it all yoruself. A true backyard project, something you don't see too much anymore. I am sure that it will be a very rewarding feeling when it is complete.
thanks. :)

TURBOELKY said:
Gary, why was'nt this thing sooner!!! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like fun, I only wish I was there sooner, I'd be in. :rolleyes: I will be heading that direction in early/mid July. Will be in San Diego. :biggrin:

well

squid, i'm sure there will be one in july too, since that is in the middle of summer!, the only problem is that i'll be stuck to the leather seats in that kind of heat :D

TURBOELKY said:
squid, i'm sure there will be one in july too, since that is in the middle of summer!, the only problem is that i'll be stuck to the leather seats in that kind of heat :D

Glad to hear that, I will be game! Can't wait to get there!!!

Get some seats out of a new Escalade. They are heated and COOLED! :eek:

Squid4life said:
Gary, why was'nt this thing sooner!!! :eek:
Sounds like fun, I only wish I was there sooner, I'd be in. :rolleyes: I will be heading that direction in early/mid July. Will be in San Diego. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------
Squid:
I am sure that there will be others, and probably other things to do as a group, too. Are you moving to San Diego, or just going to be there a while?
It's unfortunate that you won't be there in June for the BGNRA Bates Nut Farm show, not too far outside of San Diego. You are welcome to join us anytime you are local to So Cal.

Wells said:
Squid:
I am sure that there will be others, and probably other things to do as a group, too. Are you moving to San Diego, or just going to be there a while?
It's unfortunate that you won't be there in June for the BGNRA Bates Nut Farm show, not too far outside of San Diego. You are welcome to join us anytime you are local to So Cal.

I will be there for at least three years. I will be looking forward to any kind of gathering, whether it be at the race track, car show, cruise-in, or lending a wrench. I am kind of addicted to 1/4 mile now, after going for the first time (in this car) this month. Got a 12.84 @ a slow 106 on 18#. I just ordered Razors alky kit and an alky chip from Eric. Oh, and in case you guys didn't see my "Am I crazy thread"... I will be driving this car from Kansas, to Florida, then to San Diego. Pray for me. :D

Hey Squid4life, when you get down here to SD, shoot an email or pm. There's a bunch of us down here. Usually 3-4 guys that go to the track and there's a cruise night every friday till september...Then there's the nut farm that Wells spoke about... Just lmk, and we'll hook up.

btw, where in FL (my home town) are you going?