The goal, the car, the plan...will it work?

Don't rely on the transbrake. Too many people use it without suspension work, and do more harm than good to their 60's. Nothing wrong with footbraking. I have NEVER used my transbrake at the track, and go easy low 1.3's with my car, and 1.4's to low 1.5 with 10 sec to high 11 sec cars.

forcefed3.8's said:
Don't rely on the transbrake. Too many people use it without suspension work, and do more harm than good to their 60's. Nothing wrong with footbraking. I have NEVER used my transbrake at the track, and go easy low 1.3's with my car, and 1.4's to low 1.5 with 10 sec to high 11 sec cars.

This is true. My suspension sucks so transbrake is not helping me yet. 1.40's off foot brake with slicks is what I'm getting and I'm happy with that and less breakage on the car.

The trans brake was a cool guy addition. You know, one of those pull my pants up, spit and say, "yep , its got a trans brake"

Pulled the long tubes off and installed the TA stock replacements. They were very easy to install and fit great. The TA6262 spools real fast and the street tires just smoke when I mash the gas. I'm pretty impressed with the set up.

Installed a Hallman Pro boost controller today. I forgot I had some turbo stuff laying around. Went down the road and filled up with VP 110 octane. I haven't had a chance to really mess with the boost, I turned down the controller all the way, It's at 15lbs of boost right now. Also got the Mickey Thompson drag radials on this afternoon.

Boost pretty much comes on instantly, I noticed it'll go to 10lbs real fast. Hard to watch the boost, KR, road etc.

Does the scanmaster 2.0 give you the ability to adjust the TT chip?

Changed directions again, going with the fast XFI Set up. I picked up the system for $1387.00 with data logging option. I returned those Hooker headers and was charged a 30% restocking fee. When I took them back to the store the employees treated me like crap, they took it personal or something, really strange. They took the $240 off of the fast xfi and another 10%. I couldn't pass it up. At first I was OK with the 30% hit because they weren't even going to take the headers back at all. So, I would've been out almost a grand anyway. I like the idea of data logging and tweaking the tune.

A little update, I picked up my Caspers long harness yesterday. I may be able to get this installed this weekend. Can't wait to get this installed. The idea of tuning with a narrowband sensor has never made any sense to me. The fact that N/B sensors are only accurate at stoich - 450mv and all they know is the afr is richer or leaner than stoich and not by how much. IT made me nuts! I know guys have been tuning this way since the '80's, it's not the way I want to do it.

After paying $1387.00 for the Fast XFI and getting a $45 certificate from Summit how could I pass on this set up. I enjoy data logging and tuning, it's been a few years, but the principle is the same.

After two terrible dyno tunes on my Corvette I decided to do it myself with HP Tuners. I'm told this set up is better than HP, but we'll see how I feel about it once I get it installed. With HP I had to make custom configs for what I wanted to log. I haven't been able to get into my software yet because it's still in demo mode until the first power up with ecu. I did a little searching around in the ecu section and don't see anyone asking for configs. This is leading me to believe they're already built. It was a local guy that bought the tuned by me corvette and he's been beating on it for a few years now without any troubles. I did all the cam and head work too. This has me feeling pretty confident I can tackle the Buick.

I'm also thinking about ditching the front mount idea for now and picking up a SLIC. I have to make a new bracket for my trans cooler if I want to run the FMIC.

Picture, because I love pics.

This year I'm shooting for 11's but ultimately I want to run high 10's.

Here's the progress right now. It powers up and everything seems good so far.

I need to sweep the carpet, I know. The box should be pretty well hidden, but I'll still have good access to the cable to plug into my laptop.

It's all installed, looks nice and clean. Going to get the front mount installed tomorrow. I got it fired up and it ran nice and smooth, seemed to idle better than with the factory ecu, but I think I didn't saved the tune properly. The next time it started and stalled. I'm going to reach out to a local shop for the tuning. I get some dyno videos up real soon.

The injectors, XP340 pump, fuel tank and filter are all brand new. Thinking back, the car idled perfect when I changed the crank reference angle setting. The local shop is sending me a start up tune. The FAST XFI is going to be a new learning experience for me. I have a little experience with HP Tuners, but it was a while ago.

I will say the 42lb injectors will run out around 11.40s. They are a little undersized for the air the TA6262 can move. But good to know your fuel system is on par with your ET goals.

If you tune it to appox 22psi, elevens even with stock heads should be doable. You will need to address the trans soon I bet. So just keep 2500 under the mattress for that :).

My FAST install came out pretty clean. I was doing an appraisal of a '31 plymouth and the owner also owns a metal fabrication / welding shop. He's building me a turbo cover with some script laser cut in the shield, It should be pretty cool.

Installed a SLIC and ordered a Mafless inlet pipe from Mark at TR.