The Fast And The Furious

I went to the matinee. Weak plot and acting. Totally realistic stunts:rolleyes:

No ricers around... About 10 people in the theater. Just the way I like it. Only gripe was that the projectionist must have been deaf because the sound was so loud that it had my ears ringing...

Overall about as good as the first one. Still fun to see a GN with some screentime even though it was short lived.

Just got back from it. My son and I both gave it a thumbs down. If you saw the trailer you saw just about all the video the GN got in the movie. It opens the movie and then the title flashes on the screen and no more TR's for the rest of the movie. Theatre was packed and the line for the next showing was long. Lots of Ricers in the house.:D Popcorn and Milk Duds were good though.

Anyone catch the Pontiac at the end?

Sure looked like the $600K one that year one is building.

Movies are for ENTERTAINMENT!!!

I don't know about everyone else but I thought it was the best one so far. Yeah there wasn't much buick time, but I'm just happy to see it was picked to be on the movie. As far as car selection and plot itself, I was entertained. I know there were some stunts that were a little far fetched but it wasn't all gayed up like tokyo drift and the script wasn't lame like part 2 was. Although I was disappointed the loose ends never got tied up with the 3 missing cast members from the first one. What the hell is that about? ANyone stay until the credits were over to see if they left any hint of another one to tie it all up?

I don't know about everyone else but I thought it was the best one so far. Yeah there wasn't much buick time, but I'm just happy to see it was picked to be on the movie. As far as car selection and plot itself, I was entertained. I know there were some stunts that were a little far fetched but it wasn't all gayed up like tokyo drift and the script wasn't lame like part 2 was. Although I was disappointed the loose ends never got tied up with the 3 missing cast members from the first one. What the hell is that about? ANyone stay until the credits were over to see if they left any hint of another one to tie it all up?

I stayed thru the credits...NADA:rolleyes:

I would think there would have to be one more. Maybe it's gonna be like star wars;) Nah but really, I think there would have to be one more cause Brian is ina musclecar. He has never driven a musclecar. How does Dom make make his way to Japan? And how the hell does he manage to have a charger? I thought I read something about tying up all the characters stories, if so, there are still loose ends to tie up.

In chronological order it would go

F&TF, F@F, F@TF tokyo drift, 2F2F...Han goes to tokyo, obviously at some point Dom goes there to track him down but ends up being to late. At this time Brian is hanging in Miami with tyrese and ludacris hiding out. I'm guessing this is after he lets him go the second time which would be Fast and FUrious. so that's when that comes into play. So in a sense it is tied up, but it isn't. What happens with Mia, Vince, Jesse, and that other guy from the first one? Still room for one more, too much confusion with all the different movies. If vin diesel would have stopped being such a whiney tit and took the cash for the second one, the movies would have been better and he still would have made more money that those stupid ass movies he did like the pacifier and such.

there is suppose to be another one, it was to take place in the dominican republic, it's suppose to be about what vin was doing in the meantime.
i would guess they will do another one, in the end it's all about money.
i was just glad to see a GN on the silver screen,:smile:

ANd I'm sure there's gotta be some story behind the meet up with vin and the dude from part 3. Also, at the end of part 2 they were talking about opening up a speed shop or something, there could be a follow up movie there also where they all meet up again. WHo knows:confused: Would love to see another TR though!

The next one may be called "Politically Correct and Delirious" where bad guys in Toyota Prius's conspire to smuggle compact fluorescent light bulbs into the country from child labor factories Vietnam. The hero drives the new 2011 Chevy Volt but runs into trouble when someone cuts his extension cord during a chase scene. The leader of the group of bad guys is played by Rod Blagojevich. :rolleyes:

Anyone catch the Pontiac at the end?

Sure looked like the $600K one that year one is building.

I believe in Hot Rod magazine, they confirmed it was that "modern" smokey and the bandit Trans Am that yes, Year One built.

The next one may be called "Politically Correct and Delirious" where bad guys in Toyota Prius's conspire to smuggle compact fluorescent light bulbs into the country from child labor factories Vietnam. The hero drives the new 2011 Chevy Volt but runs into trouble when someone cuts his extension cord during a chase scene. The leader of the group of bad guys is played by Rod Blagojevich. :rolleyes:

I peed a little on that one:biggrin: ROTFLAO

Ok

I thought the movie was ok. Was happy with the screen time the GN received. I also liked how there was more muscle than rice and it seemed to be the overall theme of this one. Maybe the tides will turn? That green Turino was bad ass. Also, as someone noted above that Volo has three of the GNs for sale, they also have the army green Camaro (F Bomb) that is used to kill Felix.

lol

gn's were in a few other movies. menace to society they used one to do a drive by,also in hard to kill or another steven seigal movie with the coked up guy gino. that car they were all in was a gn.

kirban 2 cents worth

I just saw where this movie had the best opening weekend this year of any movie at 72 million dollars....

Even if the GNs got just alittle show time its good PR for our cars....I have yet to see it but plan to go in the middle of the week.

It did over 30 million overseas this same weekend....in other words wish we had an investment in it. Fast cars and sexy women is a powerful drug

The aftermarket car market is huge and that movie is proof.........heck its provided me with a living since getting out of the army back in the early 1970s....my buddies would laugh at me for buying original GTOs when the first gas crisis hit....

Proves critics may pan a movie like this but it did not effect ticket sales....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Food for thought...

Take the movie for what it is. A movie about fast cars and hot women where the good guys always win. I thought it was a enjoyable movie.

I thought the movie was cool. I don't know why people keep calling the car a GNX clone. The only thing GNX related was the louvers in the fenders. Besides that it was all Gn. With steel wagon wheels. There were alot of cool cars in the movie. There was that F-Bomb camaro. The chevelle was cool, and there was an El Camino in the tunnel. And the Smokey and Bandit car at the end was cool.