The BUG is here!!!

Zacks_bug

Hello
Yes I dont have a Buick. But do you think you can keep up with a 4 cylinder air cooled VW??

Lets Talk about Racing
tvwdra.org

Zack

First off Im sure my Buick is faster than your bug!! Second Ill bet my bug will be faster than your bug!! Bug to Bug that is!!:eek: Mike:cool:

Exactly how fast is a "drag bug"? I know they're light as hell, just curious. Put an LC2 in one and you will travel back in time.

My buddy has a VW pro-stock car it runs about 6.40s in the 1/8. I think the record is around 6.00. I am working on a totally new combo for this class and we hope to run some 5.80s. Time will tell!! Mike:cool:

My buddy has a VW pro-stock car it runs about 6.40s in the 1/8. I think the record is around 6.00. I am working on a totally new combo for this class and we hope to run some 5.80s. Time will tell!! Mike:cool:

That's nuts. I want to know how quick the authors car has been.

Bugs have a HUGE following, I have no doubt that there are some fast bathtubs out there.

We'll see what happens when a bathtub meets a brick..:biggrin:

First off Im sure my Buick is faster than your bug!! Second Ill bet my bug will be faster than your bug!! Bug to Bug that is!!:eek: Mike:cool:

Did you say Redline this Sunday?
You might need both cars.
My Bug is N/A and driving daily.

Who Is you buddy I might know him?LOL Yes there are some quick prostock cars about here. There was 2 guys running in the 9's at the Import Face off.
I also know a guy that wants to get in to the 5's this year or very soon.

Here are some photos of come nice VW's
speedshots.net

tvwdra.org

Who Is you buddy I might know him?LOL Yes there are some quick prostock cars about here. There was 2 guys running in the 9's at the Import Face off.
I also know a guy that wants to get in to the 5's this year or very soon

My buddy is Gene Collier with a Gaha body. Who do you know?? Mike:cool:

Did you say Redline this Sunday?
You might need both cars.
My Bug is N/A and driving daily.

LOL. You better come with faster stuff if your buddies are trying to get into the 5's in the 1/8th and are not there yet. My stuff is just a slow street car, but there are many turbo Buicks on here that would not be afraid.

I also know a guy that wants to get in to the 5's this year or very soon

My buddy is Gene Collier with a Gaha body. Who do you know?? Mike:cool:

John Strnad
Gary Calvert
But you may have seen
Tory Goodwin
Carl Nolan

At read line

is this spam ???? pushing "tvwdra.org" :confused: :rolleyes: ahhhh..I guess winter is here :cool:

Yes winter is here but Sunday might be a good day to go out for some TNT.
Im just over here seeing what I can stur up. LOL all in good fun.
All i have is a slow ass street car not even painted.

I only ran a 15.35 1/4 at the import face off :biggrin:

Zack

Yes winter is here but Sunday might be a good day to go out for some TNT.
Im just over here seeing what I can stur up. LOL all in good fun.
All i have is a slow ass street car not even painted.

I only ran a 15.35 1/4 at the import face off :biggrin:

Zack

well don't feel bad I don't even have a Buick anymore .. Justa an old Mazda. My daughter took over the Buick thing . She has raced a few times but I forget what she ran. :cool:

John Strnad
Gary Calvert
But you may have seen
Tory Goodwin
Carl Nolan

At read line

I have Gene standing here. He knows of John Strnad but not the others. He wants to know if you know Jason Pointer?? Are you from the Texas area??
Later Mike:cool:

I have Gene standing here. He knows of John Strnad but not the others. He wants to know if you know Jason Pointer?? Are you from the Texas area??
Later Mike:cool:

Yes I know Jason and David Dulany too.
Im In Rockwall TX

I am a member of Texas Volkswagen Drag racing Association or better know as
TVWDRA

Gene was or is president of the East Coast Pro Stock Ass. (ECPRA)
Damon Harmon come up and plays with this group. Mike:cool:

I also thought the first post was spam or a troll, but the Bug guy sounds legitimate to me :cool: just doing some pot-stirring

my dad was a big fan of the "real" bugs (rear engine, rear-drive, air-cooled). he owned a few from the mid-60's to early 70's. he always said he wanted to buy another one and drop a Porche engine in it.

based on my personal experiences with turbo Buicks, the old Bugs are at the opposite end of the spectrum....simple and durable. :p I have a lot of respect for the old Kraut engineering. :D

Well I did it. I now have a Turbonetics T3/T4 turbo.
Now lets see how long it takes me to get the rest of the parts and put it on the car.