The 2015 Annual Buick versus Ford Shootout at Noble

I am so excited. My local track got bought by new owner and looks like it will be up and running again. They will have test and tune this Friday and I will get to see if I am going to bring a 10 sec or low 11 to the shootout this year. Can't wait to see everyone in about a month :)

There are tons of hotels scattered throughout Norman up to Moore within 10 miles. Most old "host" hotels are booked. But there are literally tons in the area.

Please come find and meet me guys. I'll be in one of these ugly things.
KOnstant Design proof2-2.jpg

Ill come and find you Blake to get my "Participation Award".....For the love of all things Buick i gotta bring back something this year :)

Well hitting that 10 second pass was harder than expected, so I will bring a 11 sec car and hopefully figure it out and run a 10 sec pass. I am having trouble with my launch:(, not my mph:D.

No . I wished I did. I am worried about the vacuum brakes giving out and red lighting.

No . I wished I did. I am worried about the vacuum brakes giving out and red lighting.
OH NO, more Buick red lights in our future! I can't stand it when cars roll through the beams! Get a transbrake hooked up! T-shirts are in, Champion and Runner Up trophies along with plaques will be finished up next week along with stickers! I'm getting fired up for 20th Annual Smackdown!

OH NO, more Buick red lights in our future! I can't stand it when cars roll through the beams! Get a transbrake hooked up! T-shirts are in, Champion and Runner Up trophies along with plaques will be finished up next week along with stickers! I'm getting fired up for 20th Annual Smackdown!
2 weeks!:D And I am not going to drive over 450 miles to red light Blake!;)

I'm ready , this is my first trip to this. Heading to Bowling Green next month also, for the first time.

Ready but not ready, didn't get a chance to make a few changes but had fun last event, and can't wait for this Friday to get here. How many are participating in Friday event??

Ready but not ready, didn't get a chance to make a few changes but had fun last event, and can't wait for this Friday to get here. How many are participating in Friday event??
There should be quite a bit. I know I will be there with a small group of buddies. Looking forward to the cruise but don't know to much about it. Sounds like it is going on kinda before t&t. 30 mile cruise with all cars welcome. This is all I know about it so if someone knows more about it I would love to hear about it. I have been looking forward to this event since last year and looks like the weather should be good.

How's the weather going to be Saturday? Looks like rain friday evening. Anywhere from 20-40% rain on Saturday? Anyone heard different?

This Buick vs. Ford shootout is organized by some real dumba$$e$. Instead of bracketing the cars by qualifying time and letting the fastest cars race each other(Ford vs Ford). The bone head organizing the event has the list set up where the slowest cars race each other at the bottom. Of course there are more Ford's than Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and GM cars so they have the Fords at the bottom racing each other. That makes all of the Team Buick cars starting out as low 13 to high 12 second cars racing Ford's that are high to mid 11 second cars. So basically, you have the entire field of Team Buick racing cars that are 1 second or faster Team Ford cars. They are now in the 3rd fastest group and the quickest Team Buick cars are in the mid to high 10's with Team Ford clicking off mid 9's. I think it is time for Team Buick to get a better spectator event organized or at least tell Team Ford they can run against themselves since they are all a bunch of sandbagging MF'ers! I don't know if I am.......more annoyed with the racing or the $40 we wasted to watch this pointless event. Cool thing was that John and Jace Andrade from the 405 made a good showing with 2 of the top 5 fastest cars for Team Buick. Jace won his race with a 9.41 because the Ford spun. Dad John ran his personal best 8.90 to the winning Ford 8.23.

Last edited:
If you didn't get a t-shirt at the event today. Where do you go to order a t-shirt from the 2015 shootout?

This Buick vs. Ford shootout is organized by some real dumba$$e$. Instead of bracketing the cars by qualifying time and letting the fastest cars race each other(Ford vs Ford). The bone head organizing the event has the list set up where the slowest cars race each other at the bottom. Of course there are more Ford's than Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and GM cars so they have the Fords at the bottom racing each other. That makes all of the Team Buick cars starting out as low 13 to high 12 second cars racing Ford's that are high to mid 11 second cars. So basically, you have the entire field of Team Buick racing cars that are 1 second or faster Team Ford cars. They are now in the 3rd fastest group and the quickest Team Buick cars are in the mid to high 10's with Team Ford clicking off mid 9's. I think it is time for Team Buick to get a better spectator event organized or at least tell Team Ford they can run against themselves since they are all a bunch of sandbagging MF'ers! I don't know if I am.......more annoyed with the racing or the $40 we wasted to watch this pointless event. Cool thing was that John and Jace Andrade from the 405 made a good showing with 2 of the top 5 fastest cars for Team Buick. Jace won his race with a 9.41 because the Ford spun. Dad John ran his personal best 8.90 to the winning Ford 8.23.
This is the way it has always been, the side with more cars always has an advantage. The Buicks have won just as bad in the past as what happened today. More participation is key.

Reactions: BBR
This is the way it has always been, the side with more cars always has an advantage. The Buicks have won just as bad in the past as what happened today. More participation is key.
I am thankful for all the fast 8 second Buick 's that showed. Team Buick would not have one any races if is was not for them. But we needed at least one 7 second ,8 more 8 second, and 10 more 9 second cars just to be competitive. I was blown away by how bad we got beat. It's not right when cars are paired up with a Ford and the Ford can kill it on the line, miss a shift, break the tires loose, and still win :(. What would it take for fast Buicks to show up and give Fords a run for their money? I love this event and don't want to see it go away but it was very embarrassing.