THDP W/RJC oversized puck - alignment issues

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
I installed this puck on my 3" SS DP in anticipation of installing my new used turbo that had the WG hole ported out larger than the stock puck would cover. I left the stock sleeve in there and put the new puck on it and shaft and had the outer arm tig welded on there. Well.... I checked alignment last night before I was going to put the turbo on.... and the puck sits at the very bottom of the hole....with the top edge of the hole almost perfectly in line with the top of the puck.... I'm not sure if the puck will seal or not. If it doesn't seal all the way, it will slow spoolup I'm sure.

I am contemplating drilling my THDP bolt holes slightly oversized. I think if I could get 1/16" up it should definately have the puck completely covering the hole.

The only other way I see is to take everything back apart and put the new sleeve in there and not set the height of the puck (or sleeve) until you can test fit where it needs to be for best fit. In my case, there is no doubt the puck has no room to go lower.... but it could go up slightly which would help center it up some...... although I would probably have to whittle mout more on the DP flange to clear the monster puck.

Input?

Blazer406 said:
I installed this puck on my 3" SS DP in anticipation of installing my new used turbo that had the WG hole ported out larger than the stock puck would cover. I left the stock sleeve in there and put the new puck on it and shaft and had the outer arm tig welded on there. Well.... I checked alignment last night before I was going to put the turbo on.... and the puck sits at the very bottom of the hole....with the top edge of the hole almost perfectly in line with the top of the puck.... I'm not sure if the puck will seal or not. If it doesn't seal all the way, it will slow spoolup I'm sure.

I am contemplating drilling my THDP bolt holes slightly oversized. I think if I could get 1/16" up it should definately have the puck completely covering the hole.

The only other way I see is to take everything back apart and put the new sleeve in there and not set the height of the puck (or sleeve) until you can test fit where it needs to be for best fit. In my case, there is no doubt the puck has no room to go lower.... but it could go up slightly which would help center it up some...... although I would probably have to whittle mout more on the DP flange to clear the monster puck.

Input?

Jason makes a plate that you drill a hole in to align the wastegate hole and the puck. i had to do it to mine. PM me your number!