Thanks anti-war protesters!!!

I always thought history was useless while in school, now I'm realizing it's importance.

Where was everyone January 1991?

Does anyone know why we whacked that azzwipe in the first place?

Let me help:

1. Saddam invaded a peaceful neighbor (Kuwait) for OIL riches. Then pillaged the environment when he was getting ousted from his agressions. Remember the hundreds of oil fields burning that took 10 months to extinguish, or were some of you too young to recall those barbaric acts? Remember the huge oil slicks in the Gulf? If you're protesting for peace, you're FOR Saddam and what he represents.

2. Saddam COULD NOT be ousted while remaining consistent with the UN mandate to rid him from Kuwait. The resolution forced hostilities to cease when Kuwait was liberated. Regeme change was not part of the resolution.

3. Saddam signed a CEASE FIRE AGREEMENT. Basically it's a surrender contract. He's consistantly violated that contract since 1992-2003.

4. He's violated numerous agreements regarding the CEASE FIRE in 1991 (see above) over and over.

5. The above has nothing to do with race or oil. Quite the contrary, he attacked and invaded another "brother" Arab country unprovoked for OIL and no other reason.

6. Should I continue....?

What's remarkable is the corellation between world attitude now towards Saddam Hussein and world attitude toward Adolf Hitler in 1933. Read your history....

MAKE NO MISTAKE, SADDAM IS MIRRORING WHAT ADOLF HITLER DID IN THE 1930's TO REBUILD HIS MILITARY, HIDE PROHIBITED WEAPONS AND PLACE FEAR, DIVISION AND NON-ACTION IN THE WORLD COMMUNITY. THE RESULT?...WORLD WAR II. DON'T BELIEVE ME......READ IT! Does the Armistice ring a bell???

Are you assuming that I'm christian?????????????????????????
Or christians are to blame?????? A bigger exhaust on your G>N> is nice,but your not suppose to inhale it.

Speaking of third world countries who have trillons of dollars worth of oil. How did they get to be third world countries. GOOD LEADERSHIP!!!!!GO FIGURE>with all their wealth there should'nt be a poor arab in that country. But you'd rather have saddam build another castle.Third world is their fault---- not because of my country.

alright. you guys win. no more stupidity from my uneducated self. I even deleted my posts! yay. have fun and why dont you just go sign up and join the military and help fight against them if you beleive that so strongly. be my guest..

Hey guys, I read alot of intelligent posts on this one and alot of rediculous ones. I seriously dont understand how some people can be so damn blind. The reason and the ONLY , ONLY ,ONLY reason why Germany,Russia and France are not supporting us is becuase of Money.They have billions invested in the oil over there, Iraq owes Russia Billions of dollars. France do not know what the word "thankful" means. If it wasnt for US they would speaking German right now. As for Bush, THANK God we have finally have a president with balls. Iraq has TRAINED and FINANCIALLY supported terroists groups. You want to fight terrorism?????? Then get rid of Hussein. I also dont trust Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. Clinton should be killed. simple as that. Those 2 towers and those 3,000 people would still be on this earth if he did his damn job. That prick was to busy with that fat whore.Bin Laden bombed the towers and killed our sailors on the ship (I think 40 died?), what did he do?> ****. what the hell???? Real sad. And all the freaking democrats have the nuts to accuse Bush of starting this war becuase of his father. Whoever doesnt support this war has problems and should be deported. I love this country and I would die for it. I just wish we would be more strong, especially the people.
see ya
Ralph

I didn't get to finish my post cause I had to run, so to finish:

Seven, had Clinton taken care of business we never would be in this predicament. When the Embassy in Africa was bombed we should have cleaned the Earth of these SOB's, not shot missles at them. The job was left unfinished and look what happend the US Cole gets hit, then 9/11. I don't know about all of the anti-war protestors out there but I see a disturbing trend than needs to be stopped.

oops! -Just noticed gnfanatic covered this already.

Chris S

Let's not forget here people...The Presidents "Job" is to smile and be a good little puppet. I get tired of people saying the "president this" the "president that" The President does NOTHING on his own PERIOD! He is our Global representative...
AND while the subject came up:
Clinton did NOTHING that any other president hasn't done, he just got caught and it went public and a huge deal was made out of nothing. At least he had the balls to say "it's none of your business" (which I agree)...I still can't believe that it all ever became public...it shouldn't have but, the republicans thought it would help deface the Democrats.

ANYWAY -

We don't need a war, we need Saddam out of power. Reinstate all of our evil assasins and simply KILL HIM and the others in power with him. Cut off the head, the body will die.

The Iraqi people have been through enough. Don't make the general population suffer for one idiot who managed to take over and hold his position with fear a violence.

JayLashua alright. you guys win. no more stupidity from my uneducated self. I even deleted my posts! yay. have fun and why dont you just go sign up and join the military and help fight against them if you beleive that so strongly. be my guest..

I already did. 21 years ago dude!!! Right now I train soldiers everyday in marksmanship and survival skills that will help them survive in a combat environment. The troops are rolling through this post and headed over seas as fast as we can train them. I take this very seriously as this may be the last chance that they have to train before the real deal. It is very rewarding after a hard day of training to actually have the troops come up to you and say thanks. They realize the gravity of the situation and appreciate the work that I put into the realistic training that they recieve. I would like to get ahold of you for about 24 hours in an intense training environment. I would break you like an egg and then build you up again.

In closing, people do not join up to go fight against somebody. They do it for their country and to protect national security it also has something to do with giving back to your country. the same one that gives you the freedom to state uneducated ignorant opinions and also your way of life however insignificant it may be.
Patriotism and pride. Think about it tonight when you go to bed and try to figure out why other kids your age understand this and choose to join and put theirselves in harms way so you can sleep peacefully.

Originally posted by zam70
Let's not forget here people...The Presidents "Job" is to smile and be a good little puppet. I get tired of people saying the "president this" the "president that" The President does NOTHING on his own PERIOD! He is our Global representative...
AND while the subject came up:
Clinton did NOTHING that any other president hasn't done, he just got caught and it went public and a huge deal was made out of nothing. At least he had the balls to say "it's none of your business" (which I agree)...I still can't believe that it all ever became public...it shouldn't have but, the republicans thought it would help deface the Democrats.

ANYWAY -

We don't need a war, we need Saddam out of power. Reinstate all of our evil assasins and simply KILL HIM and the others in power with him. Cut off the head, the body will die.

The Iraqi people have been through enough. Don't make the general population suffer for one idiot who managed to take over and hold his position with fear a violence.

well said.

we dont have a president...we have a C.A.L.U.S.
CALUS= Court Appointed Leader of the US.

this man is stupid. he is really stupid, but he is a puppet. so whatever. everyone has their itchy trigger finger, think about it. what are we going to do to retaliate? kill thousands of their civialians? but wouldnt that be great. we are willing to inflict the same thing on a another country that ours just recently suffered. we sure did march into vietnam with our egos high, and we came home on crutches.

ah, i post my opinion here, but its not even worth it because everyone is going to hold on to their own opinion anyway, so why do we keep starting these threads?

Sorry, but Slick Willie DID do something other US Presidents have never done. This is the point everyone misses.....ready?..............

He LIED under oath. He took the oath of office to uphold the laws and Constitution of the United States, he violated the trust and awesome power of office he willing chose to uphold. He LIED after swearing on the bible he would not. Not only did he violate the most powerful office in the world's oath, but he lied to the American people by pointing his finger in the camera and saying "I did not have sexual relation with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky" (I saw it live by the way).

All of that to me is much different than ducking press questioning regarding sexual liasons.....

Nixon...same thing. He didn't lie under oath, he simply committed criminal activity while in office, no questions asked. He should have, and would have been impeached AND convicted resulting his removal from office.

I can't stand the argument that its all Clintons fault, this is a joke, I'm sure Osama wasn't around when the elder Bush was in office now was he? And Reagan? I'm sure Osama was around doing his dirty work, but we were to busy training him:rolleyes: Hindsite is 20/20 and to Blame Clinton is retarded, there were reasons they didn't take Osama. And this whole "I'm glad we have a president with balls" is lame, I'd rather have one with a brain. And as previously pointed out, Osama and Saddam are 2 different people. If we want to fight terrorism you fight with intelligence and the CIA and other special ops groups. We can easily kill Saddam with out a full on assualt as well as any other "terrorist leader". What is the point of a full invasion if he is the leader as you say? The Iraqi soldiers are not terrorist so why are we wasting our time with them? Why risk our own soldiers lives? Terrorism is not a country you can invade and be done with, it is a small group that hides and strikes at the most unexpected times and must be found using intelligent tactics, not brute man power. Now this being said I am behind every soldier we have over there right now, because whether I agree with the way of going about things they are still protecting and fighting for me and everything I love, and I thank them for that.

Originally posted by zam70
...We don't need a war, we need Saddam out of power. Reinstate all of our evil assasins and simply KILL HIM and the others in power with him. Cut off the head, the body will die.

You are exactly right about this, but I don't think we have the ability to assassinate him now, nor do we have evil assassins. I am also pretty sure assassination of govt. leaders has been outlawed by the international community(not sure though).

Bush Sr. dropped the ball when he signed the cease fire and allowed Saddam to stay in power.

He issued the cease fire becasue of "world opinion". US soldiers were walking all over the Iraqi army, killing them by the hundreds. Rather than have the US labeled as ruthless conquerers he ended operations.(As you can see concern over world opinion has already screwed us once, guess what countries opposed action then)

What he should have done is require Saddam's unconditional surrender, or soldiers roll into Baghdad. Unfortunately, the US botched it. Hindsight is 20/20.

Regardless of how Saddam is removed, Iraq will improve without him, and most Iraqi's will welcome his removal.

Orion681,

Retaliate against what? Retaliation only creates more problems and in the 21st century one small problem can mean hundreds of thousands dead in a worst case scenerio. In this day and age, if you are attacked like the US was, eliminating the threat is mandatory.

US soldiers don't go in gunning down civilians, other countries do that(Where did this idea come from?). In the original Gulf War the conduct of US soldiers was beyond question. Civilians who do not take up arms against US soldiers will not be harmed. Sure innocents always die in wars, that cannot be avoided, but it's not like innocent civilians are targets.

Opinions are good and important; however, base it on as solid of information as is available.

Can you give me your reasoning for not removing Saddam from power?

Chris S

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Sorry, but Slick Willie DID do something other US Presidents have never done. This is the point everyone misses.....ready?..............

He LIED under oath. He took the oath of office to uphold the laws and Constitution of the United States, he violated the trust and awesome power of office he willing chose to uphold. He LIED after swearing on the bible he would not. Not only did he violate the most powerful office in the world's oath, but he lied to the American people by pointing his finger in the camera and saying "I did not have sexual relation with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky" (I saw it live by the way).

All of that to me is much different than ducking press questioning regarding sexual liasons.....

Nixon...same thing. He didn't lie under oath, he simply committed criminal activity while in office, no questions asked. He should have, and would have been impeached AND convicted resulting his removal from office.

YOU mean (he he) to tell me (heh heh) that you think Clinton (heeeee) is the only President that has lied under oath ...HAHHEHAHHAHEHEHH HA HEheh..

WOW....they've sure got you...
My friend... it is part of the Presidents JOB to lie....

Let me put it in perspective: Does YOUR employer have the right to interrogate you about your personal/private life and then make judgements about you personally AND your abilities to do your job based on your answers? I didn't think so.

Now don't give me the mumbo jumbo about "higher standards" for the President...but please explain how getting a hummer in the white house effects the Presidents ability to do his job? Frankly, when I get one in the morning, my whole attitude about going to work improves!
I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong...but the fact that it was presented to the public was idiotic. It was none of our business.

How soon we forget about Regans testamony in the Iran/Contra hearings
Regan:
"ummm Duhhh...I don't recall.."
Give me a freakin' break...don't remember my ass...AND they hung Oliver North out to dry...but hey, at least he didn't get caught in a lie (wink wink, nod nod)

2 words: Kennedy administration
or: the assasination there of...Nope, no lies there - only the worst criminal investigation of ALL TIME.

Sorry, politics is a very dishonest business...and it has to be. If we knew the truth behind it all, most United States citizens would be forced to remove their rose colored glasses and face reality. We can't have that can we...

sheesh, what I love about this country is that we can express our own opinions. I agree with alot of things you guys have said but some I dont. Saudia Arabia had Bin Laden in there hands and offered him to Clinton. Clinton refused. Clinton had sex with that fat whore while in office. Meaning while he was getting PAID by our tax dollars. He also lied. I dont care what you do in your personnal life. It is NO ONES business, BUT dont do that crap when you are suppose to be working. and YES, I truly feel that we have a president with balls. Alot of people would agree with me. He isnt the most brightest guys out there but he has a superb team to back him up. The only reason why Bush SR pulled out of the war was that after the media covered the "highway of death" scene ,alot of people freaked out. It looked like we were slaughtering them. He chould have finished the job but he did not. Also alot of people dont realize Clinton is one of two presidents that were Impeached, YES he was impeached at the end of his term. He was an imbarrassment to this country. I truly feel sorry for the sailors on that ship and the soldiers that died in Samalia which he called "unfortunate few". He did not nothing afterwards, NOTHING. I blame this all on HIM. Sorry but thats my opinion. I dont think I ever had so much hate against one guy. Then clinton and his boyfriend Gore have the nuts to criticize Bush. amazes me.
see ya,
Ralph

freedom of Speach!

Try speaking like this, in one of the countries run by people like Sadam, hmmmmmmm, not likely!
We are , in this nation ,granted the right to speak freely , about anything we wish.
If some of you (like Jay) had served in the armed forces, maybe your opinions might be different.
Us old farts, see things a little different! its not where's my next piece of a** comming from, or can I snag that GN from so&so.
I'm just rambling, don't worry, I can't do any harm!
Simply..... support this country,(and its president) or please go somewhere else! see what they think of your ideas.
I did serve in the armed services
I do support this nation
I don't always agree with the leadership (but I still support it!)
If you can do better, run for president!
and last of all..... don't let your battle ship mouth over load your rowboat ass.

The blame and finger pointing game is pointless. The situation is here and has to be dealt with regardless. You can blame Bush Jr./Sr, Clinton, Reagan whomever you want. The people to blame are Bin Laden and Saddam. That' it! That's the whole point. They have to take responsibility for their actions. We know there are WMD out there, but finding them on the move is like a needle in a haystack. The whole point is to take care of this NOW before Saddam grows stronger and we risk even more lives to bring him down. A war is coming regardless, the difference is in the number of lives that will be lost. Fewer now, or many more if we don't act. Appeasing France and co. with more time for inspections may be a good move politically, which does mean something, but overall, something must be done fairly soon. God forbid he might get the chance to use his arsenal. It's different from the cold war. Then, both sides were concerned with politics and world opinion and that is probably what kept a major event from occuring. This guy isn't in that situation. He has nothing to lose. That's why he has to be limited, at least to what was agreed to 10 years ago. More should be required this time, since he can't be trusted to keep to the agreements. He has to be removed from power, if not from life in general. Bin Laden simply must be taken out, along with the next one that pops up in his place. Terrorists are outside of the law and should be dealt with. They are too erratic and civilian destruction is their way of life.
This is not a republican/democrat issue, please get over it. Take it to the voting booths if you must later on, but this isn't the time to make such trivial arguements as blaming political parties and using it as a chance to take shots at another party's president. Political parties are laughable IMO anyway, but to label things of this magnitude as a "party issue" or "Clinton vs. Bush" belittles the whole thing.

I agree with you. I have a weird question. you guys think Bin Laden is still alive??? I really dont think so, for many reasons.
1-) the last video tape was announced to be fake.
2-) that was the last video tape, now they are all recordings.
3-) we have his old doctor in custody, he stated that Bin Laden was dying of Cancer.

what do you guys think??

hi,
although there obviously is much to debate to all this.i really apreciate the fact that we can openly have this discusion without worrying about anything harmful happening to all of us.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!!!!!! IT'S GREAT TO BE FROM THE GOOD OLE USA!!!!!!!!

DON'T EVER FORGET THAT!!!!!

NICK,

Re: freedom of Speach!

Originally posted by cruzn57
Try speaking like this, in one of the countries run by people like Sadam, hmmmmmmm, not likely!
We are , in this nation ,granted the right to speak freely , about anything we wish.
If some of you (like Jay) had served in the armed forces, maybe your opinions might be different.
Us old farts, see things a little different! its not where's my next piece of a** comming from, or can I snag that GN from so&so.
I'm just rambling, don't worry, I can't do any harm!
Simply..... support this country,(and its president) or please go somewhere else! see what they think of your ideas.
I did serve in the armed services
I do support this nation
I don't always agree with the leadership (but I still support it!)
If you can do better, run for president!
and last of all..... don't let your battle ship mouth over load your rowboat ass.

I proudly served my country also, guess that's why I think we should support our commander-in-chief AND our troops overseas. How do you think they feel right now. :mad: I'm glad I started this thread. Lot's of good and not so good views on this subject. BUT, we should be glad that WE CAN express our views without fear of retribution from "death squads" or some other type of government lynchmen. Ie; Iraq. Now is NOT the time for "Bush" bashing, or "anti-Americanism". We are already getting enough of that overseas. We all need to come together as a nation if we are to defeat terrorism and the foreign leaders who support it.

Bush is dumb, stupid, or ?? Now, where did this come from? I suppose this makes Clinton especially smart? How? Im reminded of all the times the media reported Bush had no "gravitas"... suddenly having tons of it later. What changed? Nothing.

None of the causeheads were calling for Clinton or Kennedy or any other president to "ask permission" in times of need. Why now?

Listen to what those that label Bush as stupid also have to say.... they are the ones you get your info from (none of you have personal knowledge). These are the same folks I'll bet that try to label Republicans as racist. Funny, voting records legislation dont show it that way.

Yet again, the same folks "in the know" are the ones starting the rumor that this is about oil. Wellllll... anyon else notice that the countries apposed to conflict with Sadamn are the ones with oil contracts?

There are a lot of easier ways to get oil. If it was oil we could have owned it 12 years ago, drilled Alaska, or even the Gulf. Given the choice most folks would choose drilling over fighting - for PR it just easier to drill. Oil? Bah.

When I watched the Presidential debates in 92 (for all of a few minutes) I made a comment to the effect that I didnt think Clinton was very honest - wow, am I psychic? I'll take stupid over a liar any day btw.

Shawn