Thanks anti-war protesters!!!

hot6-231

American and Proud!!!
Look's like Iraq has already won over world opinion. Thank you world!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BAGHDAD, Iraq (Feb. 16) - Iraq on Sunday gloated over the global outpouring of opposition to the U.S. threat of attack, saying anti-war demonstrations in dozens of countries signaled an Iraqi victory and ``the defeat and isolation of America.''

U.N. weapons inspectors, meanwhile, were back hunting for weapons of mass destruction Sunday, paying surprise visits to at least 10 suspect sites, including food factories, an air base in the northern city of Mosul and a science college.

Iraq's tightly controlled news media gave prominent coverage to anti-war demonstrations staged around the world on Saturday. Iraqi television showed footage of millions marching in the world's cities - under the logo ``International Day of Confronting the Aggression.''

``The world said with one voice: 'No to aggression on Iraq,''' read a headline in the government daily Al-Jumhuriya. ``The world rises against American aggression and the arrogance of naked force,'' read a front page headline in the army daily Al-Qadissiya.

``These demonstrations expressed in their spirit, meaning and slogans the decisive Iraqi victory and the defeat and isolation of America,'' Al-Jumhuriya said in a commentary.

The protests by millions worldwide started Friday in Australia. They continued through the weekend with a massive Sunday demonstration of more than 100,000 people in Sydney. The protests were the biggest in Australia since the Vietnam War three decades ago.

In a global outpouring of anti-war sentiment, Rome claimed the biggest turnout - 1 million according to police, while organizers claimed three times that figure.

In London, at least 750,000 people demonstrated in what police called the city's largest demonstration ever. In Spain, several million people turned out at anti-war rallies in about 55 cities and towns across the country, with more than 500,000 each attending rallies in Madrid and Barcelona.

In New York, rally organizers estimated the crowd at up to 500,000 people. City police provided no estimate of the crowd, which stretched 20 blocks deep and two blocks wide.

Iraq staged its own demonstrations on Saturday, when tens of thousands of people, many carrying assault rifles and portraits of Saddam Hussein, took to the streets of several Iraqi cities to pledge their loyalty to the Iraqi leader in the face of U.S. threats to attack the Arab nation.

The United States and Britain accuse Iraq of concealing weapons of mass destruction prohibited under U.N. resolutions adopted at the end of the 1991 Gulf War. They say they will disarm Iraq by force if necessary.

Saddam on Saturday reiterated that Iraq was free of weapons of mass destruction and said talk of deposing him was ``impertinent.''

``They talk about changing the Iraqi regime at a time when they also speak about respecting the will of nations and falsely boast about their so-called democracy,'' he told papal peace envoy Cardinal Roger Etchegaray on Saturday, official news media said.

In contrast to the international peace protests on Saturday, the mood of Iraq's demonstrations was defiant, echoing the official Iraqi rhetoric of the past several months: Iraq wants peace but it is also ready for war, should one start.

``On our land, thank God, we have enough resolve, determination and faith, and enough men and supplies, to fight for 10 years,'' Foreign Minister Naji Sabri said in Cairo on Saturday.

U.N. investigators on Sunday also inspected an army unit some 25 miles north of Baghdad. Reporters who followed the inspectors to the site saw the arms experts examining two Al Samoud missiles, one of two types that chief U.N. inspector Hans Blix said had been tested to ranges exceeding the 94-mile limit set by the U.N. Security Council.

Hiro Ueki, the spokesman for the inspectors in Baghdad, could not immediately comment on Sunday's inspection but said the U.N. missiles experts were checking Al Samoud missiles against Iraq's declaration.

The inspectors returned to Iraq in November after a four-year break to search for evidence of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons or programs to manufacture them. They have so far not found any major evidence of their existence, although Blix told the Security Council on Friday that some weapon agents remained ``unaccounted for.''

Not that I really care, I say F*** the world!! Nobody wants war.........But Saddam Insain's time has come. No more BULL****.

Odd folks have forgotten how successful ignoring Hitler was.
Talk about history repeating itself.

CNN interviewed some of the German protesters, they ought to go for a swim in Egypt, at least they'd have reason to in denile.

And yes, double for the N Koreans.

I see this morning that because of the protesters Sadam is now pushing back with his own demands. I say let him have is way--for now-- tell the world we're pulling out of the region but when he makes his first act of aggression towards anyone ( we know he will sooner or later) we're going in and it's gonna make Hiroshima look like a brush fire.

Anti war is wonderful. Great. No one wants one, so it's redundant. They're preaching to the choir. What those people don't understand is that it's a small "controlled" (if that's the right word) conflict now to nip it in the bud, or it can be a blown out world war later after the guy does something catostrophic and we're all kicking ourselves for not taking care of business when it was prudent. Something is going to happen regardless, we need to do it now while we can minimize the losses as much as possible. Most of the protesters are just ignorant hippy wannabees who think their fasionable, mixed in with a few that are at least serious about it, IMO.
Just my .02

amazing how people have forgotten the events of September 11th
Anyone who supports terrorism is the enemy to the world.

Originally posted by JayLashua
these threads start and its nothing but a god damn IGNORANCE FEST.

first of all..

noone has "Forgotten" 9/11 .. second of all, just cause bin laden is brown too doesnt make iraq terrorists. Saddam hussein is a POS, and controls what every last person does, but guess what, **** happens. Now if we "go to war" over iraq, wtf for? oil prices? cause saddam has misiles that might be bigger than ours? WMD's? We cant have that now can we.. cant have any nation with brown people having weapons bigger than ours..

let the inspections continue, as they should, but we're talking about going to war just because he has bigger ****ing weapons than we do? and he *might* use them.. and saddam and osama are good pals or something? :mad:

well, if saddam does fire against anyone else, then theres a perfect reason to kick his ass.

I've seen all KINDS of bull**** since "9/11" happened.. this one is real intelligent

calvin pissing on: "BIN LADEN AND DOT HEADS" ... yea what ever.. this is probably the same kind of person that prays to GOD every damn night too.. such a *good* christian fellow.. well why dont you just piss on ******s spics and jews and gooks and nips too then? it certainly fits. Racism is convenient when someone pisses you off or waves a bigger **** than you got.. and its just so amazing that while clinton was in office, just by some miracle.. nobody wanted to bomb iraq.. :mad: - ohwell, hopefully we'll get a real president this election instead of some religious prick waving arrogant twit.

I am with ya 100%!

You are all living under the itchy trigger finger of an oil monger President.

I still can't figure out where America gets the idea that it is within its rights to declare war on whoever, whenever they want.

Clean up your own backyard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door.

I believe everyone has the right to express there opinion.
But when a opinion involves a insault to someones religion or races then problems will arise.
Please keep this in mind when posting replys to a thread.

Keep it clean
Jesse

I say we just get out and close our borders. Get our oil from other sources i.e. Alaska- gulf of mexico. You have to live in a fish bowl not to think that the radical Muslims and Saddam won't keep trying to over throw our policies. It's just like Vietnam now.
Let These contries like Iran,Iraq,Saudi Arabia,Libya, Etc,etc, live on their own. Pull out of NATO,UN and every other organizations that was put in place,basically because Europe can't do it alone.(or at all)
If you've ever been to france or germany you might say their beer is better or their wine is,but youd rather live in the states. Granted it's a world economy,but who cares,let them deal with it.Maybe Africa can solve this problem!! Special powers ya know from eating other Africans.
This country's time has been over basically since 911. And it's not because of a president. It's because of stupid people in the USA. They can't vote so they have to blame a conspiricy. I can't type fast enough for my thoughts now. Probably the goverments fault anyways
Just let them set of some explosives or what ever and then we can say I told you so. Would you like some soylent green with your milk.

Ok,

First, this is not a war for oil. That is a rediculous assumption. Do some research and stop quoting what other uninformed people say.

Second, Bin Laden, Saddam, Hamas etc. are all neighbors living on the same block with a single common interest...ultimate power and destruction of the US. If you think for a second there is no, or there will be no collaboration you are wrong. Do a little research and investigate the connection between Saddam and Hamas.

Third, One of Osama's major reasons for hating the US is it's support of what he calls tyranical regimes that suppress Muslims, yet he supports the tyranical regime of Saddam by offering them battle advice against the US. Yea ... there is no connection between the two ... sure.

Fourth, find an Iraqi refugee or kuwaiti refugee. Sit down and have a talk with him.

Fifth, WMD are a threat to the world. When you have terrorists such as Saddam with the capability and/or acquiring the capability to build them and terrorists such as Al Queda/Hamas with the desire to use them ... who share a commomn interest ... you have a problem that needs to be removed.

Sixth, there is no doubt he will use them. He has in the past, he has invaded neighboring countries, he has used them against his own citizens and neighboring countries. It is not a question of "if" it's a question of "when".

Give me some of your reasoning...

Chris S

Edited because I had to rush off to a B-Day party before I could finish. Finished in another post.

Show Your Support

It is our duty as an American to show our support to our president and defend the rights of FREEDOM. It's time to show the world we are through playing around and get down to business. :mad:

Would'nt the people against a war against Saddam(not the Iraqi people)want a few casualties- accidentally administered through out Iraq to give them a better life down the road. Japan,germany,S. Korea for example. I'd say the so called starving kids, elderly,political prisoners ETC,ETC, would.
Remember Nicaragua,So called no war mongars stated that the people dont't want a change ,using exit polling of voters for a example. The so called no change poll was overwellming. But, we all know what happens when people are scared to speak how they feel. Oh the voters voted for change-- by by Noriaga that was in the 80's surprising that observers like Carter did'nt want the vote thrown out. He after all was for noriagas' side and against the U.S stance.

I get the biggest kick out of the opinion of the civilian population sometimes on the board. It is really quite entertaining!! Especially the younger ones like Jay Lashua who didn't read their history books but still graduated maybe 2 years ago.

ignorance fest?? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me!!

noone has "Forgotten" 9/11 .. second of all, just cause bin laden is brown too doesnt make iraq terrorists.

What the hell are you trying to say here??? You do not make any sense. Typical Clinton supporter. You do not have a clue.

if peace loving liberals had their way everyone would walk all over us. thank God for government to make the big decisions(not always the right ones) that the average person doesnt know all the facts about. Sadam does nothing to benefit his country or this world for that matter and its better in my mind to have him removed once and for all. God bless America and all those that just dont know better.

As a Canadian, I can tell all you brother Americans that GWB's plans for attacking Iraq are well founded, but he must be patient, Give the inspectors another month or 2, to satisfy the Germans, French and Russians.
There will obviously be no attacks / weasel moves while they <inspectors> are in Iraq.
Saddam will screw it up, but going in alone now is a BIG mistake. I was in favor of an all out assault, and still am, but timing is wrong, IMO.

BT

these threads start and its nothing but a god damn IGNORANCE FEST.

first of all..

noone has "Forgotten" 9/11 .. second of all, just cause bin laden is brown too doesnt make iraq terrorists. Saddam hussein is a POS, and controls what every last person does, but guess what, **** happens. Now if we "go to war" over iraq, wtf for? oil prices? cause saddam has misiles that might be bigger than ours? WMD's? We cant have that now can we.. cant have any nation with brown people having weapons bigger than ours..

let the inspections continue, as they should, but we're talking about going to war just because he has bigger ****ing weapons than we do? and he *might* use them.. and saddam and osama are good pals or something? :mad:

well, if saddam does fire against anyone else, then theres a perfect reason to kick his ass.

I've seen all KINDS of bull**** since "9/11" happened.. this one is real intelligent

calvin pissing on: "BIN LADEN AND DOT HEADS" ... yea what ever.. this is probably the same kind of person that prays to GOD every damn night too.. such a *good* christian fellow.. well why dont you just piss on ******s spics and jews and gooks and nips too then? it certainly fits. Racism is convenient when someone pisses you off or waves a bigger **** than you got.. and its just so amazing that while clinton was in office, just by some miracle.. nobody wanted to bomb iraq.. :mad: - ohwell, hopefully we'll get a real president this election instead of some religious prick waving arrogant twit.

Jason.......while your certainly intitled to your own opinion, I don't see any reason why you have to bring "racism" into this discussion as I don't see any up to this point, until YOUR post. This was posted to show just how Saddam Insain is useing anti-war prostests to HIS advantage. You WON"T see any pro-war demonstrators as NOBODY wants war, but there comes a time when action MUST be taken. And just because you see people demonstrating against war, dosen't mean there aren't millions who support Saddam Insains removal. And the remark about Clinton, well the Clinton administration's chief concern in the 90's was to make sure that nothing terribly wrong happenend on it's watch. Saddam Insain was basically offered up to us by Sudan in 1996. The Clinton administration turned them away citing "a lack of legal justification." Clinton singlehandly did more harm to our military then 10 presidents combined. Funny how all the bleading heart liberials cite Clinton as the "great savour". PLEASEEEEEEEE.

Originally posted by tc86gn
I get the biggest kick out of the opinion of the civilian population sometimes on the board. It is really quite entertaining!! Especially the younger ones like Jay Lashua who didn't read their history books but still graduated maybe 2 years ago.

ignorance fest?? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me!!

What the hell are you trying to say here??? You do not make any sense. Typical Clinton supporter. You do not have a clue.

Well said!!!:rolleyes:

People don't march against the Sadaam regime but once. At least we have the freedom to do so here without the fear of reprisal. How did this freedom come about?
He has no love for his people. He has hundreds killed for just dis-agreeing with him. He is in love with power. The biggest legacy he could leave would be a mass destructive attack on the US.
His weapons aren't larger than ours(Mr. Lashua) but in his hands any weapon of mass destruction is imminent pain and suffering for millions of people.
These people who are marching have good intentions but to turn a blind eye to this dictator is not the way to keep piece.

A Vietnam Veteran and proud of it.

the climate(desert heat) for us to fight in is best now. But their just soldiers right.:confused:

ah screw it i give up, just cant win.. im a typical clinton supporter, i'll just let everyone rant on about how lame we all are because we dont want to bomb some 3rd world countries.. or should i say.. "non-americanised/non-christianised" countries with a different opinion than our own..

DUDE: I think a night school History class may be in order here.