R.I.P. TSgt Don Malarkey and my weekend in Dallas, TX

Eds87GN

On Saturday Sept. 30, 2017 I was in Dallas having taken my Dad and Mom to one of his Army reunions. While we were there, my wife wanted to find a bookstore to look for a certain book she wanted. Why she couldn't look while we were home in Tennessee I don't know.
As we entered the bookstore she went right and I went left - to the WWII section. While she did not find a book to buy, I found and purchased a book by TSGT Don Malarkey of Easy Co., 2nd Bat., 506th PIR, 101st Airborne and Band of Brothers fame.
I get home on Monday to find out that Don Malarkey died on the same day that I found his book. A strange coincidence.
The book is called Easy Company Soldier: The Legendary Battles of a Sergeant from World War II's "Band of Brothers". It's a great book!

Rest In Peace Don Malarkey -you'll never be forgotten!

On Sunday Oct. 1,2017, we were trying to find our way back to our hotel after having been to the Texas School Book Depository - JFK Museum and I found a street that I recognized - Mockingbird Lane. I was behind a gold Buick GS Stage 1 that was driving in traffic next to a blue Audi R8. The Audi R8 was the first one I had seen in person on the street - low and sleek and fast. But my heart remained with the Buick - big and roomy and fast and probably a car that an old guy like me could actually get out of without any assistance.
If anyone here was the owner of the GS - very nice!

My rambling on is over - thanks for the space.
Carry on.

Hey, Keith. I'm in West Tn - an hour northeast of Jackson near Paris.

Thanks for the comment on the story.

OK , You are not far at all from me . We had a car show in my local town this weekend with all most 200 vehicles in it , It keeps growing every year , A good thing . Not to brag but I got first place in my class :)