Thank you to those who attended the Midwest Meet 7/28/07.

SPTLSS1

:D I wanted to say thanks to all those that participated in our Midwest Meet today.

It was truly an amazing experience to not only see all the cars (last count I heard was 54!!!!) but to the wonderful people who make up our tightly knit turbo Buick community.

I couldn't have done it w/out all of your help. I will be posting pics once I get some rest.

Thanks again and let's not wait a year until we all meet again.

Thanks,
Phil

Thanks for hosting the Meet!! Even though we had tons of mechanical problems, the day was very fun!! ------Jeremy

Have to thank Phil,Gary and Maria for all they have done...

Phil good talking to you about your car...now to go look at pics of it..:cool:

I will have to say that I really appreciate all the work that everyone put into this event. I really had a good time and will attend future events. Thanks again-I am the lone ranger with an 85 hot air GN. Take-care- See you sooner than later. Brad

Brad ,did you have the business cards for an exhaust company by you radiator,if so I took a few ,was hoping to meet since you are down the street....:) East Dundee
Dennis

Yes, Thanks

Yes this was an awesome event, thanks to Phil and Gary and everyone who helped make it a success.

I'm sure there will be lots of great pictures for those who missed, here are a couple...

cars1.jpg

mike.jpg

dennis.jpg:smile:

That twin turbo setup looks okay.If anybody knows the owner of that car can you please ask him or her were I would be able to get a prop for my hood like that. Thanks Ray

yea I have an extra one if you come over I will look for it and beat you over the head with it mabe 20 or 30 times. this guy talks so much $hit. Hes got an 85 peice of junk hotair conversion ,leaks power stearing, tranny slips, paint looks like crap, o yea and hes fat. Keep it up ray. I didnt see you or your car at the meet, I do know why because I just took a dump and it looked like the paint on your car .

o yea the event was great, lots of nice cars thanks to everyone that helped set it up. Had a great time.

Thanx for all the great comments...

There were at least 6 local cars that I know of that were not there...Hopefully after they see the pics and read the comments, they wont miss the next one. The bad thing for me was I didnt get back in the garage until 1 a.m. cuz about 8 of us went to one last street racing hangout. Not a good idea cuz I had to be at work by 5:30 a.m.:eek: but its not everyday U get to cruise with guys from surrounding states. Needless to say I was hurting all day. I do know that a group of us are starting to plan for that day at the track in september I think(somewhere in Indiana). That will be an all day thing also. I hope we get a big turnout for that one too.

There were at least 6 local cars that I know of that were not there...Hopefully after they see the pics and read the comments, they wont miss the next one. The bad thing for me was I didnt get back in the garage until 1 a.m. cuz about 8 of us went to one last street racing hangout. Not a good idea cuz I had to be at work by 5:30 a.m.:eek: but its not everyday U get to cruise with guys from surrounding states. Needless to say I was hurting all day. I do know that a group of us are starting to plan for that day at the track in september I think(somewhere in Indiana). That will be an all day thing also. I hope we get a big turnout for that one too.

I would also like to say thank you to everyone that made this possible, The girlfriend and I had a great time, and also thanks to Gary for making sure Justin and I went the correct way home LOL. Looking forward to a track outing soon so I don't have to keep smoking people out because the car is running so damn fat. To the guy making the smart a#$ comment above, lets see pics of your car? BTW, that car wasn't even completed yet. Jackass.:rolleyes:

THANK YOU PHIL, GARY AND ALL WHO HELPED OUT!!!

I know it was not easy planning for so many people either way it turned out to be a great event despite all the break downs/flat tires. It was awesome to see buick guys helping each other out. Hopefully we can get something together locally sometime soon. I hope Roy (Prasad's brother) will have the video out soon :eek:

Denny

I had a great time even though as of now im GNLESS SOON TO CHANGE btw thanks for posting a pic of my 96 BLACK LT4 VETTE awesome show great group of people amazing cars what a sight to have all those cars in one place GREAT PICS thanks again

I also want to extend my thanks to Phil, Gary, his wife Maria and to all others helped immensely to make this event a great success.
Phil, I am sure when you took on this challenge, I don’t you were expecting this kind awesome turn out, yet you were on top of things and handled everything with ease. I thank you kindly.
Gary,Gary,Gary, man o’ man, you are like the Turbo Buick super hero that saves everyone one when they are in trouble. From helping out Jeremy with his car and every one that broke down on the way there. Also a special thanks form Mikee, myself and all the gang form the Turbo Farm for running out the windshield to us Friday night so that we were able to bring Mikees car to the meet. It was greatly appreciated. I know that I am very passionate about these cars but I haven’t meet anyone like you Gary that is willing to do anything, go any where for a fellow Turbo Buick owner. Also tell your wife that she is cool as hell for her part in all this. As we all know if our wives don’t support us, we wouldn’t get too far in this game.

Last but not least, I want say thanks to Jeff (JPRATT) for coming down also helping our Buick brothers with his trailer and truck. You are a life saver. What you guys did helped me out immensely, otherwise I will be the one that will be running around with the trailer bringing people in. Everything worked out just right, since you guys were able to take care of Jeremy and Jose, I was able to deal with our own issue; the flat on my brother’s car.

All and all it was a great day, thanks to all for showing up and making Saturday a great success.

By the way, Ray (TBFAN) he is harmless, he just likes to talk crap and work people up, he is part of the Turbo Farm crew. He was one of the first people that saw mikees car in my garage when we were building it and crapped in his pants.

Thanks again
Prasad

Blown away

Thanks Prasad.

It was truly an amazing day. I had no idea that we would get the size turnout that we did.

As all the turbo whistles could be heard coming down Higgins towards our meet my brother 'n law turned to me & said "Build it and they will come". It brought tingles down my spine to see all the cars rolling in.

Shout outs to Gary, Maria, Jeff, and basically everyone who made this event run so smoothly. In ten minutes we all pitched in, cleaned up the grove and were off to the car show. How cool was that!!!

There is nothing like the Buick Brotherhood.

Phil

I do know that a group of us are starting to plan for that day at the track in september I think(somewhere in Indiana). That will be an all day thing also. I hope we get a big turnout for that one too.

You guys coming to the Midwest Buick Challenge? I know a bunch of Michigan Turbo folks are planning on it....

Mr Cotton's going to be there, too - along with HRpartsNStuff.

Maybe more, after we come back from Columbus. Stay tuned....

It's funny there were about 12 other cars that I know that didn't make it and now that I told them how it turned out they are kicking them self in the a$$. They will be there the next time we do this.

Man think about it, 54 cars and 12+ the other 6 guys that Gary knew that didn't make it that's close to 75 cars. That's pretty scary:eek: :eek:

We do have a strong Buick community here in the Midwest and everyone that I've came across and met at the meet were very nice.

Prasad