Test button

incubus2432

Douchebag
I recently purchased back my original GN and after getting it home I have been going though it all before flogging it. Everything has checked OK but once I got to Razor's Alky system I found that while the pump does hum when I press the test button it does takes 4-5 seconds to send enough methanol to show on the wideband and get the engine to stumble.

So the pump works but I remember getting a faster reaction when pressing the teat button when I owned the car 3 years ago. Am I wrong? Can the pump still work but be "lazy"?

The pump is seven years old and doesn't leak. I inched the boost up from 17 back up to 24-25 and am not showing any knock. It pulls smooth and strong. I am just a bit concerned that the pump may be on the ragged edge.

pumps should be replaced or rebulit after 2 years, its a great system but does need to be mantained!!!!!

+1... Thats a lot of boost to be playing with a pump that old... do it now before its pump + stuff that lets go.

Fuel pump is another one of those.. every few seasons..

Well thanks to you both. I know I should replace it and I will. I was more curious as to it's behavior......the slow response with the test button but still keeping up with the boost. I guess I expected it to be leaking or simply not working as opposed to sort of working.

I'm going to order a new one soon then send in the old for a freshening. That way I'll always have a spare.

Good call. Slow response due to the hardening of the diaphragm and valves. Rubber loses its elasticity over time. Especially sitting in a chemical.

HTH