Tennessee GN's, where are they located.

I'm in the Memphis area, I have a neighbor (Danny) who's on the board occasionally who has a beautiful GN.

There are some other TR's around here, I see them occasionally. I'm usually in my caddy when I see them so it's hard to get their attention.

Being on drag radials makes it tough to go to meets that are not local.

I'm moving to Nashville area this August. Hit me up! Car might not come with me right away though.

I hope to see the dragstrip at Nashville SuperSpeedway opened up....such a shame for a motorsports facility to be built and just sit idle for so many years. I drove out by it Sunday. Massive place. Robb Sexton just purchased the track and says he going to make it what it was intended to be. Cant wait...all the tracks are over an hour away from Murfreesboro...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hope to see the dragstrip at Nashville SuperSpeedway opened up....such a shame for a motorsports facility to be built and just sit idle for so many years. I drove out by it Sunday. Massive place. Robb Sexton just purchased the track and says he going to make it what it was intended to be. Cant wait...all the tracks are over an hour away from Murfreesboro...

I drove 6 hours to the Nats so an hour isn't bad. Pretty much the same where I am now.

I was excited to see that it was purchased as well. We used to do 2 or 3 motorcycle trackdays a year before they closed. I read that they had 10 mil to invest in the facility immediately. By the way, there is a local 1/8 mile track thats open to all on tues and fri, union hill/ music city raceway.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hi, Guys. Several cars in my area, from a low-mile 19,000 to a high-mile 340,000. It would be cool to have a Tennessee gathering!

Cbird, we had the same thing here. I live just a few minutes from Memphis motorsports park (now Memphis international raceway).
It shut down for a few years and driving by it with weeds growing through the strip used to make me sick.
I learned how spoiled I had become the first time I had to drive 45 mins to Holley springs.

Made many passes down the strip at MMP, but always on two wheels. Hated to see it close. Glad to hear it's headed back in the right direction.....and from what I gather bigger and better !!

Middle TN needs a good 1/4 mile track, I really hope this guy that bought the facility over at Nashville Super Speedway will do it up nice. If you Google Earth the track you can see the footprint where they started building it....but never completed it. When they do get done , it would be a great place to have a Buick meet!

It might fair better now that It has new owners. The old owners owned Bristol also, so if NSS did too good it might have cut into bristols business. Now, that will be the goal of the new owner. They did drag racing on the pit road years ago and it was pretty popular. I made a few "passes" out on 452 in front of the speedway many years ago.

Hey mike. They still are making passes out there...I done a dead stop out there myself. Thats a nice piece of road if front of the speedway. It will hurt union hill when they open it, too.

I took a pic in front of Darrell Waltrip Dr.

Attachments

• 1403146964568.jpg
    1403146964568.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 52
Hey mike. They still are making passes out there...I done a dead stop out there myself. Thats a nice piece of road if front of the speedway. It will hurt union hill when they open it, too.

X2... Sunday mostly.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

hello people; With all this talk on Tenn. could someone tell me how far the mountains are from Memphis? I should be visiting my neice there in the future and was wondering. I've been there once and liked the food and did some of the tourist stuff.
IBBY

Exactly..... Time of day is key. West Knoxville, Nashville, and Sevier County at exit 407 are the major delays from traffic. When traveling to Memphis from here at night it usually takes me about 5.5 hours.