Tell me what you think of this '86 T-Type I just bought..

Berman

I bought this car from my mechanic friend. He is a real good mechanic, and has built most of my cars. All the work was done by him. I'll say what I paid at the end. I've thought his car was awesome for a while, and when the chance to buy it came up I couldn't refuse. It's completely finished and well-tuned.

'86 T-type (white) Hardtop. Digital dash and AC. Full power. Everything works, ac blows cold. Exterior and paint is good. There's a bit of rust at the bottom of the trunklid, the only thing wrong. All new seals and weatherstripping. Chrome weld wheels with drag radials on them.

Interior is brand new, literally. It has been completely re-done to stock GN fabric (the turbo-6 emblem seats and such) front and back, carpet, has the turbo-6 rugs, etc. Nice aftermarket steering wheel. Full complement of mechanical autometer gages. Greddy turbo timer.

130k miles on the engine. The pan has been off the bearings are fine. Uses no oil, has full oil pressure like a new motor. Heads have been re-done, nice valve-job and a decent port job. New timing chain, Kirban valve springs. 206/206 cam. T62 turbo, stock intercooler with neck. 45 lb (I forget?) msd injectors. LS1 maf and cold air kit. Some nice exhaust, forget which. Fuel pump, hotwire kit, fuel pressure regulator, etc. A bunch of chips (harper racing, pit bull, cotton)

Tranny is fine, has a shift kit in it. Stock converter (weird).

Crazy loud stereo. I forget which head unit. 4 or 5 12's in the trunk (i forget), 2000-2500 watts, again I forget. It will pop your eardrums.

Extras: stock perfect condition t-type steering wheel, all transmission rebuild and upgrade parts, t-type rims, slicks.

I'm probably forgetting a LOT of little details, like he ran a wire from the alternator to the ecu so it always gets full voltage, re-wired the windows so they're faster, etc.

11's on slicks, deep 12's on radials. On 93 octane. :D

I paid $7500. :D :D

Now how could have I not bought that? It's so much nicer than my '86 GN and done, rather then just starting, and I'd have to spend $10k on my GN to have it anywhere as nice as this t-type. Plus it's done. That's a nice bonus. So is that stereo.

So what do you guys think? Anything a fully done GN has that I didn't mention, it probably has and I just forgot. I need to get my friend to write down a full list of everything he did to it.

Sounds like a nice car.

With a 62 turbo you probably wanna go ahead and give bruce a call and order one of his 9/11 convertors. :)

Should help it spool much better..

Hope you enjoy the new ride. I know i'm loving mine.

Originally posted by 1ARUNEM
Sounds like a nice car.

With a 62 turbo you probably wanna go ahead and give bruce a call and order one of his 9/11 convertors. :)

Should help it spool much better..

Hope you enjoy the new ride. I know i'm loving mine.

Actually it spools very quickly, with the harper chip anyway. It has no problem building 10+ lbs of boost off the line. My friend completely rebuilt the powermaster system and it is awesome - I don't know why it's so maligned. Maybe it's confusing to diagnose and fix? Best feeling brakes in a GM car I've driven. They feel better than my TA's brakes (and LS1 brakes are GOOD), I swear it feels like it would out-stop the TA.