te50 turbo??

I have data on running 50% water/50% meth on that same engine with the 60-1. It caused exactly 4% loss of power with no other changes. I probably could have got half of that back with more timing but it was what it was. I used xfi for all those tests

It's pending sale. I'll let you know if it falls through

That's some interesting info on the alky mixes. I get some crap from people for running that washer fluid. A 4% loss on a street car isn't worth losing sleep over so that makes me want to stick with it even more. Wish I had some DR's for my car, I'd take it out and see if I can get over 24psi with it. Now that you said you couldn't get it past that it makes me want to try to push mine and see what it does.

Reed was very informative about the turbo. He said you don't want to run it on a stock engine though, that's for sure. He said ported heads and free flowing exhaust at minimum. He ran a high 10 with it. Never said what psi. It was on a TTA.

Chances are if you do get it past there it will be moving the same mass flow as mine did. I've seen them hit 30psi with stock heads and cam

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse Bison, just not a lot on these oddball 50 series turbos and some info would be good on them. I can't be the only one running a 52-53 turbo.

No way Jesse, I'll be with the PT53 I got from Bison. I'm just waiting to get my trans back from Lonnie. I was running the same boost # your at now when I put it away in '11.

No way Jesse, I'll be with the PT53 I got from Bison. I'm just waiting to get my trans back from Lonnie. I was running the same boost # your at now when I put it away in '11.
Well now that I've got several sets of heads you need to go ahead and get a ported set from me Adam.:p 3 sets of 8445's and I can port one set and do an exchange with you for some $.:D

You really need to reduce the size of your sig pic Jesse. In this case Smaller would be better.:)

Lmk how you make out with this. I remember a customers car about 3 years ago that had one of these and a d5. It was a complete turd. I think it ran mid 13's. I switched it to a te44 and chipped it and it went 12.20 with no other changes. Spool time was 1/4 of what it was with the T350 turbine. I also tried one of these on my blue car a while back with the wastegate wired shut and couldnt get past 450whp. The compressor was simply done. The engine was a low compression slightly over cammed turd but it later went 10.61 with a 60-1. TE50 is T04E 60 trim comp wheel and the expensive T350 10 blade turbine. Aka PT51 if it has the E cover. It needs a small stockish cam with a good converter to work properly. Kind of a mismatch of wheels imo. The 60-1 comp wheel would be an easy switch out and would work better on an engine with heads and cam.The 6152 uses the same turbine with the 61m GT35r comp wheel and doesnt run out of steam. The 61 comp wheel uses a bastard backing plate to be used on a t04E that makes it too expensive to switch out. The 61 comp wheel isnt cheap either. The switch out would cost close to $400 after machining the comp housing and paying the piper for the back plate and comp wheel.

I was wrong about the exhaust wheel. inducer 2.92 ex 2.54 ptrim. This has got to be bigger than the t350 right?

Bison,
How small of cam are we talking? 206/206? 204/214?
196/196 with a set of heads with really good low lift flow. Your are trapped around 2.5:1 pressure ratio and 50lbs/min flow if you want to get the most power out of the t04e60 compressor. You should be looking for peak power around 4700 and be done at 5200. Gear the car to get it across the line under 5300. At 2.5:1/5200 it's starts blowing hot air and power will drop off fast if you keep revving it more

196/196 with a set of heads with really good low lift flow. Your are trapped around 2.5:1 pressure ratio and 50lbs/min flow if you want to get the most power out of the t04e60 compressor. You should be looking for peak power around 4700 and be done at 5200. Gear the car to get it across the line under 5300. At 2.5:1/5200 it's starts blowing hot air and power will drop off fast if you keep revving it more
Thanks

The
I was wrong about the exhaust wheel. inducer 2.92 ex 2.54 ptrim. This has got to be bigger than the t350 right?
t350 is approx 2.755 in, 2.270ex. The 65 f1 is approx 2.92in 2.53ex. So it looks like you have a turbonetics f1 65 turbine. What compressor wheel?

f165 turbine
f165-2.JPG
f165-1.JPG