te34 ?

gn79

I was wondering if his is a good turbo or not. What I meen is what horse power will it give me. I want to get a turbo and I was looking into the te44. I have hear that the te44 will give me about 45 hp and I wanted a turbo like the 44. I found a te 34 and I was wondering if I should waste my money on it or just wait for something bigger. I want to be running in the 11s if that helps. Thanks.

TE-34 is more than a stock upgrade compared on the turbo chart it's close to the ta-49 & te44. It performs well i know i have one. If it's cheap buy it. :D

I have one for sale in the parts section......
More than just a stock upgrade:confused: , spools very fast with a stock converter
Jim

Thanks guys. How much hp is it good for. I mean how much would it give me. and can you feel it. Is it a big turbo or not.

Not a big turbo, these are found on a lot of DSM's now which are only 2.0 liters. Usually they run the 69 turbine wheel on them.

Theres a local at 30 psi & stock trans, line lock, that just did 11.50's with the Te34. I would go with the 49 or 44 as spool up is not an issue with any of these turbos and you do not have to run 30 psi on the 49 or 44 to get 11.50's with the same mods.

I'd be careful about assigning HP gains to a turbo. If your current turbo is being operated at a point that effeciency is dropping off more than just a small amount, then a bigger turbo will be a benefit.

On pump gas, no alky, etc, with stock heads and cam, you will not see much, if any, gain over a stock turbo. If running over 18-20 psi (same motor specs) with alky or race gas, then possibly some gain with greater gains at 22+ psi.

At least that is the way I have interpreted the science, and my own experience bore that out.]

Tom