te-44 need help

polin2424

Just recently bought a te-44 used tried to install it and the waste gate off my stock turbo did not fit. as if the compressor side and the exhaust side did not macth up to intercooler or my up pipe coming from my exhaust. so i took the four small bolts of the exhaust side that ties in to the compressor and rotated it so it would macth my ic and uppipe. when i tried to put the same bolts on they would not grab and now as if the blades do not even spin. what should i do did i mess the turbo up i hope not any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.thanks

The stock turbo compressor housing has a unique mount for the wastegate. You need a different bracket setup when going to a TE series.
HTH :cool:

Its the TE housing that is unique. It uses the same wastegate as the stocker, but will have an extra bracket welded to it for the holes to line up.

Turbo-Archie said:
Its the TE housing that is unique. It uses the same wastegate as the stocker, but will have an extra bracket welded to it for the holes to line up.

What he said......

Sorry, I guess I didn't read your thread. If the wheels don't spin then you side loaded the housing some how. Don't run it like this. Take the housings off and make sure every thing is clean where the center section and housing meet. You should be able to spin the housing all the way around. Crud or rust won't let the housing seat right on the center section.