TC or Trans Vibration??

turbo6leon

I've got a vibration that seems to vary with load & occurs around 3000 rpm. Sometimes you can't feel it at all, pulling a holeshot you don't notice a thing. It feels a lot like a crank vibration would only farther back & I'm pretty confident it's not in the motor. Can the torque convertor or the trans cause a vibration like this? TC is a 2800 stall modified stocker & the trans is original except for a Art Carr shift kit that's been in there for years. Thanks!

Lee Kline

If a torque converter is causing a vibration, it can usually be felt in Park by slowly running up the rpm. You can then unbolt the converter from the flexplate, push it back in the transmission and run the test again. Hopefully, the vibration subsides.

Thanks Greg. I've got hoist access after 5 on friday & thru the weekend. I'm afraid that the convertor might have come out of the trans a bit while the motor was out & possibly didn't get re-seated properly. The chances are slim but I wasn't the one under there so who knows for sure. I do know I have a bit of a trans fluid leak I never had before. We'll find out on Friday I guess. Thanks Again!

Lee