Art Carr 16930 n/l TC & built Bowler trans

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
Art Carr 16930 9" n/l TC, 3200 stall. Less than 2000 miles since inspected 5/07. Was a great street/strip TC. Only made about 10 passes on it, half were 1/8th mile. $425

Built Bowler trans with parts listed below for n/l TC. Same miles and passes as convertor, no issues. I ran this trans with a PTS deep pan, trans cooler and temp gauge. Trans never got over 180 degrees. $1250

Package deal $1500

bowlertransmission.com

Description
FRESHEN 200-4R TRANSMISSION **87 GRAND NATIONAL** (BENCH JOB)
H.P. PACKAGE
- NEW STEELS, SEALS & GASKETS
- VALVE BODY MODIFICATIONS
- ALTO PREMIUM RED WIDE BAND
- FILTER
- PUMP STATOR & GUIDE
- 10 VAIN PUMP ROTOR
- NEW PUMP VAINS & HARDENED RINGS
- TEFLON SEALING RINGS
- "BLUE PLATE" DIRECT FRICTIONS
- RAYBESTOS FORWARD, LOW/REVERSE & O.D. FRICTION
- ALTO PREMIUM RED OVERRUN FRICTION

shipping available

I talked to Bowler Transmission who built the transmission and they can help me ship the trans. Just thought I'd let everyone know that it is available. I've sold quite a few parts but never shipped anything this large.

I sold my GN in December or I would have used this trans in it. I liked this combo so much I thought about keeping it to have a spare for a Buick in the future, but figured I'd see if anyone could use it this season instead of it sitting around in the garage.

New Prices

Art Carr 16930 9" n/l TC, 3200 stall. Less than 2000 miles since inspected 5/07. Was a great street/strip TC. Only made about 10 passes on it, half were 1/8th mile. $350

Built Bowler trans with parts listed below for n/l TC. Same miles and passes as convertor, no issues. I ran this trans with a PTS deep pan, trans cooler and temp gauge. Trans never got over 180 degrees. $1100

Package deal $1300

Tim, I lost my tansmission today. Give me a day or 2 to pull the pan and see what happened. I will let you know.

Race season

Art Carr 16930 9" n/l TC, 3200 stall. Less than 2000 miles since inspected 5/07. Was a great street/strip TC. Only made about 10 passes on it, half were 1/8th mile. $350

Built Bowler trans with parts listed below for n/l TC. Same miles and passes as convertor, no issues. I ran this trans with a PTS deep pan, trans cooler and temp gauge. Trans never got over 180 degrees. $1100

Package deal $1300

Race season is nearly here. This is a good street/strip combo:cool:

What sre the power haddling capabilities of the Bowler trans? Is it a 2004 also?

What sre the power handling capabilities of the Bowler trans? Is it a 2004 also?
Yes, 200r4, or what came in the cars, BRF trans. The car I ran it in for those 10 passes, half were eighth mile, did low 11s @ 121 quarter mile and low 7s @ 95 eighth mile, low 1.5s sixty foot/10 lb launch foot brake on 24 psi on a small shaft TA-62, 206 roller cam engine, weber heads.

I really thought about keeping the trans but think it will be 3 years or so before I buy another TR, and my son starts college then, so decided to have fun with the cars I have and not have this sitting around. I really liked the TC, could have came off the line with 20 psi, but didn't. I shifted the 2-3 manual at 5800 rpm before the 6000 chip fuel cut off and let the trans do the 1-2, which happened pretty quick. I miss that car some:redface:

reasonable offers

Package deal $1300

Ready to move these items, reasonable offers accepted:cool:

Race Season starting soon

New price for race season starting soon

$950 trans, $350 TC, $1200 package.

prices?

New price for race season starting soon

$950 trans, $350 TC, $1200 package.

So how much are people paying for built trans? This one is nearly new and I had paid $1300 for the work, and that of course doesn't count the core value. I've seen this TC go for $500 also.

I am posting from cell ph and can't see your location if listed. What is loc and zip and I can check. If under 500 miles can meet halfway but trans shop told me $100 to $300 shipping depending on location. I've never sold a trans or shipped one but convertor is about $50.

ah OK well I'm about 665 miles away but have this lead on another trans. I'll keep you in mind though. Thanks again

email me your zip code and I can check shipping from the trans shop

Anyone interested in shipping I called the trans shop and to ship 700 miles to Maryland it was $180, which included the ship crate. I think the convertor would be about $40