TB machine shop in Houston, Tx or nearby

Chuckd

I'm having a hard time finding a machine shop that will do a turbo buick in the area. Anyone here reccomend a good place? I just need the machine work done and not assembled.

Save yourself the headache that many have felt by using local machinists. Strap it in a crate and send it to DLS engine development in Indiana. Been there done that.

Not that far south but Arlington Machine is the shop that the DFW Buick group uses. They do know what their doing as far as the turbo engine and listen to what you want.

I'm having a hard time finding a machine shop that will do a turbo buick in the area. Anyone here reccomend a good place? I just need the machine work done and not assembled.

G&G in Tomball did a motor for me a few months back (they are very familar with our motors). I spun 2 center mains in less than 600 miles. Called G&G and they took care of all machine work free of charge. So I put in a new crank and 2 billet center mains and they covered all machine work. However, next time I have any issues its either going to DLS or I'll get a new motor from Webber or TA. More than likely in the long run, your gonna end up spending a lot more by messing around with other machine shops outside of the 3 I just mentioned. Good Luck

I dropped it off at Westside Machine shop here in Houston. Talked to Kleet in the shop and he was very knowledgable about the TB motors. I'll post some pics up when I get it back.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I dropped it off at Westside Machine shop here in Houston. Talked to Kleet in the shop and he was very knowledgable about the TB motors. I'll post some pics up when I get it back.

My 3.8 short block was done by Kleet like 8 years ago?? and it is still going strong.

I know of two other 3.8 motors he did around that time and they are still working fine. All of these motors have been in the high 10 to low 11 areas for most of this time.

Great shop, went there alot when i was a mustang guy :D

Got a few pics back of the work done on my heads and intake. Just waiting in the block now.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 493
I picked up the block, crank, rods and pistons today from the machine shop. I'll be assembling it this weekend. I'll put up some pics as I go.

Chuck,
Nice to meet you yesterday. :cool:
Keep us posted on your progress.

Picked up my turbo on Thursday and I got the motor sat in the car yesterday. Didn't feel like laying on the ground to do the trans. Maybe next weekend.

Nice to meet you yesterday Jerryl. I love the T. I might be giving you a shout for some help.

DSC09933.jpg

DSC09936.jpg

DSC09928.jpg

Man that looks killer! Nice job!
It's going to be a BEAST! :cool:

Did a little work this weekend. Trans, Turbo, and some of the accessories. Still need to knock out some of the smaller tedious things now. But it is coming along.

This is my first Buick build and I'm starting to get the itch!

DSC09944.jpg

DSC09941.jpg

Updated pics please. . . . . Getrrrrr Done! ;)

Chuck,
E-mail send.

Got the XFI mounted and the oil cooler lines ran. Got too hot to do anything else.

I'll be getting back on it again this weekend.

DSC09984.jpg

DSC09982.jpg

Glad your getting the T back on the road. I was thinking about buying it when it was on ebay. It's really looking good!

I keep hearing the same thing on here, "I need a shop that specializes in Buick v6" what is so different about our motors? What are other shops not dong or doing wrong???

I keep hearing the same thing on here, "I need a shop that specializes in Buick v6" what is so different about our motors? What are other shops not dong or doing wrong???

Most shops are used to the SBC or ferd engines. They have no clue about the clearances on the Buick motors in general or how to assemble a tight engine. Buicks are a little different to say the least.

Just to let you know my first engine was done at Rhere and Morrison. The guys that did the machine work for the Buick Indy engines. This was in the 80's and it would scare me now to have them do one for me, cost wise.:eek::biggrin: It was an NA engine and I usually won.:biggrin: