Talk about lucky

RUSTYNAIL

Knee Deep
I have to share the story of the last 48 hrs of my life. Wednesday night about midnight I was browsing the autotrader.com and ran across a new listing for a TTA with no details only a vin number and 6K miles for $14995. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well that night. I called the dealer first thing in the AM and spoke to the owner, he said the car was in transport from California and would be here later today. I told im I would like to have first chance and offered a deposit. He said as soon as the Trans Am arrived he would call me. He also explined that the car came from GM dealer and that it was part of a bankrupcy and that they bought sveral cars in a lot. Around 3pm he returns the call and tells me that the car is sitting in front of him and asked if I had questions.Here is where it gets good:biggrin: I asked about T-Tops and leather and he said NO to both. I just about fell over and said I will be there in 10hrs (635 miles away) with CASH and made a credt card deposit. I immediatey hooked to my enclosed trailer and sent my girlfriend home to get the cash. We drove straight through the night and was waiting on them to open up very early this morning. When I first laid eyes on it I could not believe it. The car is very nice and 100% original (even the dry rotted Gatorbacks) but has some sun damage (roof and rear spoiler) but will be an easy fix. While I was doing the paperwork there were two call from others wanting info. I walked away with a pile of paper work and original title from GM to the dealership that went under (Carfax shows no owners as it was still an open title from GM) The milage is correct and documented. The car fired right and ran great. I just got back home from the long drive and I am exhausted but I still had time to give it a bath. I will post pics of the TTA Monday. I feel like I just won the lottery.I walked out getting the car for $14K because o the paint work needed.:D The dealer had never seen or heard of a TTA.

Here is the VIN number and if anyone knows anything about this TTA please let me know.

1G5FW2175KL225409

It appears to be a VERY early car.

Shazam........!

I'm jealous, a rare story indeed! :biggrin:

If you want to make a few thousand, call me. ;)

Congratulations! Your story lifted my spirits, this really is the land of opportunity. Vigilance paid off. I wouldn't buy any more lottery tickets though, you used up a life time's providence on this deal :cool:

The military taught me that "Luck" is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. Your immediate action is what made your venture a success.....And you had the nerve to reduce your offer because of a little paint....Whew! I'd have been running for the door in case they changed their mind before I got off the lot ;)

15 TTAs were made with hard top and cloth seats.....:reallyjealousnow:

So...you'll need 2 sets of upholstery?

;) ;) ;)

I do need upholstery for my leather/t-top car #518. I would post some pics today but my camera is at my shop, I will Monday at the latest. I really am pretty up on the TTA's ( I had one back in the early 90's) and was well aware of the production numbers (15). I really think I will keep this one for the long run as it was a once in a lifetime deal. On the list of production numbers/vin numbers my car falls between number 6 and 7 can anyone help me with this?

TTA VIN's - Turbo Trans Am Forum

Congrats.. You dont catch fish unless your fishing. You aligned yourself to find this. Good for you.

When I spoke with the owner and found out it was a hartop/cloth car I had to ask him on the phone the price again. He said $15 you bring me CASH I will work with you. I told him $14,500 and lets wrap it up and here is my CC # for a deposit. When I got to the dealership I didn't want to act to eager and kinda rubbed my hand over the bad areas (he told me the car was perfect on the phone). When we did the paperwork he said hows $14 K CASH and I never run your card for the deposit. I said lets do it.:D

When I spoke with the owner and found out it was a hartop/cloth car I had to ask him on the phone the price again. He said $15 you bring me CASH I will work with you. I told him $14,500 and lets wrap it up and here is my CC # for a deposit. When I got to the dealership I didn't want to act to eager and kinda rubbed my hand over the bad areas (he told me the car was perfect on the phone). When we did the paperwork he said hows $14 K CASH and I never run your card for the deposit. I said lets do it.:D

Goes to show someones junk is someone elses treasure :D

Post the dealers phone number and I'll call and offer him 28K for it :D

That would be mean tho :eek:

Hi,
You just made a phenomenal purchase. Congratulations! The dealer probably paid half that, and was happy to walk away smelling like a rose.The truth of the matter is that ,to him,it was just another gen 3 firebird, and they really ain't worth much.His loss, your gain.This car is special,and I'm sure you will treat it well.

That is a Barrett-Jackson car for sure. I mean that this car's provenance would be fabulous there....Leave the paint the way it is. Dealer bankrupcy and never being titled is the story that would sell in that environment. Any owner's kit?

Way to go! :cool: