TA Valve Covers

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
is there some sorta copyright issues or somthn. was lookn on their website and I don't see any Turbo 6 emblems or "Buick" any longer..... wats up with that?

I heard that GM gave them a hard time and made them change , don't know if it is true firsthand though. I got mine several years ago and am glad I did

Bryan

If That is true . GM has got a lot of nerve..... Here we are the few the proud keeping their discontinued car alive for 30years with pride, and you would think they would appreciate that.... instead GM acts like we are trying to steal something... Without our Love ,Blood, and sweat The TR would have long been dead like so many OL SKoOL Hot Rods ..... IJS SMFH :confused:

I heard that GM gave them a hard time and made them change , don't know if it is true firsthand though. I got mine several years ago and am glad I did.........Bryan

You are correct Bryan, the lawyers at GM went after anybody or company using the Buick logo and the power 6 from the turbo cars.

Some of my old TA stock of parts may include a couple sets used for mock-ups with logo?

Things are not like the golden years, GM is now "Government Motors"?

I talked to TA and they confirmed that GM put the brakes on them producing their covers with logos.
There are few still running around and can be found. You could try calling some of the vendors like TA or Champion and see if they have any old stock available.

Last edited:
I just bought a set a couple of weeks ago, the satin style w/the turbo "6" on them. Received them just before Christmas.

I have a rear end cover with "gnx" on it. Looks like a real gnx cover without the ears. They ain't makin that no mo.

When I bought mine in June,I was told that the covers still have the logos and that TA was restricted from showing the logos in the pictures in flyers or their online store. I believe this is the reason why the covers that SHADOWll received at Christmas have the logos on them. Here is a picture of the ones I received in June. A call to TA would be the thing to do to answer this question.

View attachment 270623
Same ones I got from them a couple of months ago...

Making these kinds of posts in a public forum is the kind of thing that starts lawsuits and is the very reason that these things were FORCED off the market. Take a hint, not everything needs to be posted. When no one can but this stuff anymore everyone will be pissed off and say how bad it is, just let it go.

this is just like what happened with the embroidery on the seats several years ago.

GM and many other companies are very active in pursuing trademark and copyright infringement. They will have you served and you will need to settle to their terms which will be several thousand dollars typically which is a gift of a settlement or fight them in court which you will lose and have to pay much more. They will have your sales records subpoenaed and tell you how much you are paying them in compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk