Ta 61

dice64

What other turbos are of equal to the 61.Looking to go low 11s with the stock block.Are people still using this turbo,also what are your best times with it.

I use this turbo on a few cars. Two of them run high tens, and spool up instantly. I think this is a perfect street/strip turbo, and have seen it go 10.52 and 10.63 on other cars.

K.

Thats my goal..to be in the high 6's..friend of mine runs either a 60 or 61 turbo & ported iron heads & 3000 NL converter & runs 6.80's with @21 lbs of boost...Im still stuck in the 7.60's & not looking any better but still mostly stock other than the usual 51 turbo & front mount & inj..just got trans+ but not got it anywhere near right yet..takes alot of time..too many tuning options for someone like me...wish I had a 61 instead of the 51..
Starbanger>> what boost are you leaving with & what boost running down track? What converter & vehicle weight also..Id love to stay stock unoped & run close to that if I could..
Thanks,Brian

I leave with 12-15. I run around 32-33 but have gone to mid 30s without picking up. Converter is a too loose 9-11. Car weighs 3560 with me.