t60 Turbo

Darkie

Cant find much info on this.
GARRETT A/R T60 TURBO WITH A JOHN CRAIG LARGER EXHAUST WHEEL AND HOUSING A/R 82
is it worth 600 dollars
what is it and would it work with a stock converter.
thanks Rich

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 206
I would say- very nice. you will probably need more than a stock converter unless the stall has been increased.

Won't work with the stock converter there would be too much lagggg and be a dog off the line with that .82 housing.

Turbo

Im trying to put together a nice setup
Im new to this just did years of reading and im finding it so hard to make any decisions, I have this turbo what converter is recommended
Im going to order a tt chip and it asks for converter info
I just got the Alky kit ordered today and have all the recommended upgrades
is 60lb injector and tt chip overkill for a street driven car with this turbo.
Should I ditch this turbo in favor of a newer type I bet this is an old skool turbo.
Id like my car to do 11.5 or so.
Thanks Rich
Also thanks for the replys so far.

There is long way and learning curve from stock to 11.5...
Alky, 60lb, TT chip are a good start. Get some drag radials. Stick with that for while. You should be able to run low 12s with the stock turbo and the right mods. Get to that point then think about a turbo.
Ct has a large turbo community. You should be able to get plenty of advice and help.:)

I understand what your saying
Just wanted to get this new turbo in it's nice and shiny is all:(
I guess I'll think about just the injectors and chip for now
I have the drag radials already

It's just really important to change one or two things at a time. It's real easy to get issues when you change too much at once. It often happens that you do mods expecting improvement and instead you stay the same or even go backwords. That happened to me when I added a new turbo and intercooler. Before that things went great. Thats when I learned I needed to tune it as well...

TE-60 was the first aftermarket turbo I bought, it ran like crap until I put a 9in convertor in and after that an aftermarket external wastegate. First time out it ran 11.8 @ 118mph on street tires. The thing would spike really bad until I put the external wastegate on, I never had much luck with the factory set-up.
Mike