T3/T04E 57trim

TurboP7

Is this turbo a factory unit on anything you guys know of? .50 a/r comp and .84 a/r turbine?? It WAS on a GN at one point..its a friends and we're just trying to find out more about it.

To my knowledge, I do not believe any OEM vehicle came factory with a 57 trim compressor wheel equipped turbo. That wheel is significantly larger than pretty much any OEM compressor wheel on anything that came out from 84-92 that I am aware of. In the Turbo Buick world, that turbo would be considered an older TE-34 turbo but with the older smaller TO4B size compressor cover. That turbo would be in between an old school Stage II turbo that used the stock TA series compressor cover and a TE-44 that everyone is familiar with today. If I had to take an educated guess as to what hp it should be able to support, I'd say somewhere in the 510-525 fwhp range. It all depends on what turbine wheel it has. It could be either a Stage 2 T27 turbine wheel, or it could be a Stage 3 T31 turbine wheel. HP capability would be higher if it's a Stage 3 T31 wheel.
It definitely sounds like an old school turbo, probably late 80s to early 90s era.
Hope this helps.

Patrick