Swedish TTA and motorlife in Sweden!!!

The Swede

-89 TTA 7 sec car
Hello!

I´m starting this thread after a request in the tech area.

Living in a small city, Västerås that are located 1 hours drive west of Stockholm.

I have owned my TTA for almost 3 years and i´m very happy with it!:)
The odo was at that time 23.000 miles and now 30.000 miles.

Mods are:
Thrasher 92/108
TA-49 by Precision turbo
Accufab 62mm and plenum
160 therm
3" TH dp
Adj. fpr
100lbs valve springs
Mallendar trans brake
Transgo shiftkit and rebuild tranny

I have also tried with F*rd blue tops and chip but something must be wrong with them since the car is pumping gas with them.

I have only raced the car once in the 1/4 mile and are having BIG problems with the boost at the line when it´s hot out, no boost at all actually....... time was 12.7@118 that´s why i have a custom made watercooled ic in the garage for the moment, hope i can test it before the long winter here.
One evening when the weather was rather cold i had a G-tech test, 2 in the car and M&H 305, 11.97@123 and i know that the G-tech is way up in MPH.
Going for the 1/4 on sunday agian with stock injectors and see what numbers comes up.

And yes, that means we have dragstrips here.
Top fuels, pro mods and etc.

The muscle cars are very rare and plenty! And mint condition also, like Hemi Cudas, Shelby Cobras, Hemi Challangers, F*rd boss etc.....
Same for the very classic 50´s
Here is a link from the biggest gathering in europe that is hold every year in my hometown. http://www.bigmeet.com/ and i also saw that they haven´t updated that site......25th anniversary was this year as well.

I only know of one GN here in Sweden, but we are 2 TTA´s here.
I have a public register over all -89 Trans Am´s in Sweden and made a search after the special VIN and found one more.
Have been in contact with the other owner who is an old man and after 2 years he diceded to sell the car to one of our clubs member, Daniel.
The club i´m talking about is Trans Am Club of Sweden and we are over 500 members!!!!
I´m secretary at tacs board.

Feel free to sign up at our forum! www.tacs.nu/forum just throw in anything there in english since all in sweden can use english more or less.
The website is www.tacs.nu and info in english http://www.tacs.nu/info/info_english.html

One thing you maybe gonna like is the pics we have up on our site from our gatherings: http://www.tacs.nu/meetings/ out to the right you can click and see info/pics

The latest one is in english as well http://www.tacs.nu/meetings/2002/02rosersberg/02rosersberg.html

And for the first time in TACS 22 years history we made our first trip outside of Sweden, it was a ferry cruise to Finland. http://www.tacs.nu/meetings/2002/02finland/02finland.html
Enjoy!

Feel free to ask more!

Uffe,

Thanks for filling me in, doesnt sound like Sweden is that much different in a lot of ways. Once again, you have a very nice car, as does your friend Daniel. My car is a 1987 Grand National, but I love the TTA's as well. You have some great mods on your car, I would be very interested to know how it responds to the liquid intercooler. That is very cool that you guys have the muscle car thing going on over there. Just hope and pray that the ricer thing doesnt catch on there if it hasnt yet. Thanks for the links, and good luck at the track this weekend. Let us know how you do!

Mark

Originally posted by striker_29
Oh and one more thing... Swedish babes. Please tell me all about the Swedish babes

Mark

Ha ha ha ha.....:D they are NOT blonde!:eek:
O whell........ just like any babe...nothing special with them......only roumers you see....
But, all the swedes are very polite and friendly so that maybe starts all the strange roumers about the "wild" blondes in Sweden.

Between! One TTA fellow from USA is coming over on visit this week!
He had never heard about crawfish so we are gonna set up a crawfish party on sat!:cool:
Crawfish bioled in dill and plenty of salt.....together with strong cheese pie and "snaps" (pure icecold vodka) makes wonder in your stomach!;)

Rice?:mad: Who said rice here?
Yep, true....they are everywhere here already!:mad:
Was way better back in the 80´s when all cruising cars where from USA!:D

So, 500 posts to get an avatar here? OK. looks like i´m gonna be a crazy poster around here......:rolleyes:

Ok your killing us here, you know that:eek: Every red blooded American guy dreams of a hot, "wild", Blonde, Swedish chick!!! At least all the guys I know anyway. Surely there are a couple of hot blondes anyway. And I live one state over from Lousianna, crawfish capital of the world! I had no idea you guys have crawfish there, and someone here has never heard of it. He must be a Yank;) Not too sure about the dill though, we use Zattarans:) Throw in a dozen or so bud lights, and that will make wonder in your stomach as well:D So racing, crawfish parties with lots of booze, and maybe a hot chick or two, sounds like my kinda weekend Swede!! Drink a "snap" for me!

Cool

Uffe,
I just checked out your site www.tacs.nu, very nice! The message board is kind of hard to read though. :p :D

You all have some sweet cars! Sorry to hear that the ricers are infecting your country too.

Is there a particular track that you go to?

Good luck with your car. :)

Steve

Striker>>> our crawfish can also be bioled with some hot spicy mixture but i prefere the "old" classic with dill and salt, try it one day!
......sorry about the blondes....:(

Black Box et. all>>>> as i said, just sign up at our forum and i promise you that MANY swedes are gonna reply and start to chat with you!
Little translation from the forums sections:

Nyheter= news
Träffar= getherings
Köp & Sälj= buy & sell
Tekniska frågor och svar= technical questions and answers
Teknik 1:a & 2:a gen= technical question 1st and second gen.
Teknik 3:e gen= technical questions third gen
Teknik 4:e gen= technical questions 4th gen
Överladdat= Turbo, supercharger and NOS
Övrigt= other ****, everything goes!
Arkivet= archives, info worth saving, can´t post here, only read
Buggar, förslag= bugs and proposal
Bilstereo/elektronik= car stereo and electrical
Medlemshörnan= tacs members only

You are alloud to attach 1mb pic and 5mb movie!:eek: can be done directly from your own computer.
When you sign up, use default language
Signed up members at our forum is 367 for the moment.

I have also tried with F*rd blue tops and chip but something must be wrong with them since the car is pumping gas with them.

What chip did you have for the blue tops? The blue tops are used alot over here, but there may be a small difference between the TTA ECM and the GN.

And what kind of gas you getting over there? Good race gas, c16?? You might wanna look into an alky kit, they rock for the street and 02 sensor friendly:)

Black Box, forgot to answer your question about the race track......
We have a small local airfield and the local race club where i am a member sets up approx. 7-8 drag races every year.
The closest "real" race track is located 2½ hours drive from my hometown.

Dan, i use matching Thrasher 92 and 108 for them.

Striker, we have 98 unleaded at the gasstaion but that should be 93 octane in USA since we use different systems. The gas is high quality and i can run Thrasher 92 with 20 psi, just on the limit for knock.
We have VP racing fuel also, i´m using the CSP112 but can only be ordered from the local speedshops and friends that carry a drum. VERY expensive here!!!

For the moment i´m constructing my own alcy kit, adj. nozzle and a high pressure washer pump from an Audi used for the head lights. One pressure contact set to activate the pump at 4psi. A back pressure valve that keeps the methanol tight to the nozzle. This is one thing i can´t understand why they don´t have in the fancy alky kits in USA for $350????

Total cost approx. $25!! HA!

The Swede

I have an import license and $25 in parts + $100 for you + $100 for me + import cost = $350.00 it works!. :D

How many can you supply?:eek:

Just kidding.

Dan

He he he....looks like we have a deal!:D

And i also had a peep at your website, first time i ever seen the Nitto´s only heard people using them. Is the name nitto? Cause nobody in Sweden has heard of them.
We have M&H, Good Year, Hoosier and M/T here but what is nitto?

Uffe,

I'm Swedish (mostly) also. Us blonde hair, blue eyed adonis's must stick together! My grandmother came over on a ship from Sweden (her maiden name is Swanson) we have her boarding pass framed at home, it is in Swedish.

Lutfisk here is dreadful, is it any better in the motherland? The custard dessert with currant jelly is very good though. Every christmas we enjoy the food (including glug). My sister was Santa Lucia at a prominent Lutheran college here.

Is every thursday pea soup and pancakes?

Are most parks topless?

I missed my chance to go to Sweden when my company was intergrating a robotic system from ABB (Asea Brown Boveri). My group stayed in Laxa (no idea where that is in relation to you). One of the factory people came here to Illinois once and purchased ~$5000 in speed equipment while here. He said it is very expensive over there.

How much is a liter of gas there? Now it is $1.32 for 89 octance and $1.47 for 93 octance (per gallon).

Nashty

Hej!

Good to hear from a fellow swede!:D
And my grand father came from USA 1897, was taken from an orphans home back to sweden by one of his uncles.
During second world war he was captain on a merchant vessel and the germans blew a hole in the vessel, grandfather was able to rescue the hole crew, 12 man and was decorated for that later.

Lutfisk (dryed and boiled fish) is done the best way here!

"Glug" (glögg) is verey, very nice! Hot with mandel and raisin....yammie!!

And yes, old tradition to have pea soup and pancakes every thursday! All the lunch restuarants have it!

Parks? Hmmmm....not so sure about parks but on beaches, big grassfields etc. i know for sure it´s aloud!:D

Sad you didn´t make it to Sweden, maybe later?
Laxå is 1 hours drive west from my hometown Västerås.

And the reason why speed parts are so expensive in Sweden is that you must pay a strange tax called "moms" and cutoms tax as well on everything you import here, total 31%. Funny thing is that you must pay 31% on the shipping charge also!:eek:
One way to go around this funny taxes is to order from rather small speedshops in USA that can type you a dummie reciept and put in the box/case.
One thing i discovered is that if the box isn´t bigger than it fits in the mailbox the customs doesn´t care about it.
Another way is to load a 45 feet container with 4 cars and plenty of speed parts in, no reciept is coming with the container and all parts are classified as junk parts.
For the moment i have one pair of ported heads waiting to be shipped in this way.

1 liter 98 (93 in us) is $1 and that makes a gallon $3.75!!!:eek: taxes you know.....

Re: Dan

Originally posted by The Swede
We have M&H, Good Year, Hoosier and M/T here but what is nitto?

Nitto is a drag radial similar to BFG drag radials. The general consensus seems to be that they don't hook quite as well as BFG's, but they are better in the rain. I run them and don't care that much for them. I would go with most of the tires you listed before I would buy another set of Nittos.

posted by Striker_29
Nitto is a drag radial similar to BFG drag radials. The general consensus seems to be that they don't hook quite as well as BFG's, but they are better in the rain. I run them and don't care that much for them. I would go with most of the tires you listed before I would buy another set of Nittos
Pffft...I agree about the Nittos. In the GT I cut 1.7's on my 17" BFG DR's (275's)...hell, I almost drove through the damn tree at MIR trying to heat 'em up in 2nd gear. I went to Nittos because they were all the rage. For the life of me, I couldn't get any better than mid 1.9's...with a short burnout, giant smokey burnout...whatever. On the street, I could blow off the Nittos from a 3rd gear roll at 50mph in the GT. They're still on the car, but the new combo will dictate something much more aggressive...:cool:
And then there's the whole idea about running a Japanese tire on American iron...ewwwww...

Here's more info on the Nittos...
www.nittotire.com

S.

hello swede, ive always wanter to go to sweden before. it sounds nice. were learning about the vikings and other cultures in that area in english class right now:) i noticed on your mods list you didnt have a high flow fuel pump/hotwire kit listed. do you have these mods or do you just see them as necessary and dont list them? they are very important b/c the stock pump and pump wiring harness are barely enough for a stocker. maybe the TTA had a different pump i dont know but i do know the buick pumps are crap. btw you said you run 20 psi and a 92 thrasher on pump gas. it sounds like your 98 octane is a bit better than our 93 even if you methods are different:)

turbo buicks

Hi!

Sorry....my fault....forgot a few mods:

Walbro 340
Billet valve cover breather.

Hot wire kit is coming together with ported heads sometime this fall. Maybe a camshaft if my wife alouds me to spend more money this season.....

He he he.....good to hear that you remember something from the school.;)
So....that means you know a few things about Sweden then?
"Smörgåsbord", meatballs, midsummerpole...yada yada.... o well... here is a good link with some good ol info about Sweden and life here.
http://www.visit-sweden.com/

I´ll guess the most funny thing for a tourist to look at here is the midsummer celebration when grown people are dancing and jumping like frogs around the midsummerpole!:eek: Takes you a few beer to do it.....:D

Hi Swede,
I was in Harnosand about two years ago for a friend's wedding (about 4 of us made the trip) and we enjoyed sitting outside a pub at 12:30 am with the sun still up, watching the local cruise scene. It was amazing to see so many domestic cars-- someone had a beautifully restored 1969 Camaro Z28, but we saw lots of others as well.

Glad to hear the turbocharged crowd is represented as well in your fantastic country!

Is the thrasher you've been running for blue tops or stock injectors?

-Scott