Swedish TTA and motorlife in Sweden!!!

Hi Scott!

I´m glad that you enjoyed Sweden and the midnight sun!
Yea right....funny thing if you not used to the midnight sun....almost feels like you never wanna go to bed.

I have Thrasher both for stock injectors and the blue tops.

Maybe gonna invest in MSD 50´s?
What do you think guys?

Most people that have the 50's really seem to like them. I wish I would have gone with 50's instead of 009's. They will probably be my next injector unless I go ahead with the ecm upgrade and get the 55's. Only person I've really heard down the 50's is Red Armstrong, not really sure why but he knows his stuff. Everyone else seems to love them.

Hi... I waaaant to drive my car before winter !! :( I have a test that i shall do tomorrow... Its not gonna be guilty after that... :(

Daniel

TTA #1324

Originally posted by striker_29
Most people that have the 50's really seem to like them.

Guess i hang around for a while with the stock injectors!

Went to the track yesterday.

Sunny, no wind, temp 78F, moisture approx. 75%
Track not prepered (small airfield where we have our local races), located by a big lake and big forrests.

2 runs 12.44@122 60 feet 2.0

2 runs 12.58@121.5 60 feet 2.1

The 1/8 mile 8.0@94

Breake out first run.... :(

Anyway, strange why the car is so slow in the first half of the track and then just pulls away very hard? The speed looks ok. i think?
Actually the car is slower with the blue tops.

Uffe congrats on the nice times, your mph is off the hook! Your 60' times are still killing ya, get those down and you are there man! That thing must be pulling like crazy on the big end:)

Thanks striker!

I heard from the TTA-maillist that it could be the tranny singing the last song...... and they also tould me that they never heard of any one having that speed with the stock injectors.
They compared my speed with others and found out that the car should be doing 11.2-11.5 with my speed.

Could somebody tell me how my 1/8 speed is? High or normal?

The problem with the tranny is that no one in Sweden has done the 200 to take 5-600 bhp, only stock repair.
And i don´t wanny spend $2400 on one from USA + shipping and taxes here.

The car is getting very well when it shifts to second and a very, very lazy second to third. I think the tranny is gone.........:(

Launched at 4-5 psi

Swede,

The company I work for has offices in Turku finland. How far away from you is that? The reason I ask is maybe I can talk to some people there and get some parts from our facility back to finland and you can pick them up at the offices. I can look into this if you want. May save you a couple bucks. Of course if I come over there I can store them in my luggage and carry on bags. HEHEHE!!!!

machinegun,

Thanks alot for your help!
I think i have the connections for the shipping here in my hometown, one 45 feet container is leaving USA in 4 weeks and most of the parts in it is taxfree....he he he, please do not send a tip to the customs!;)

Turku isn´t so far, we have at least 2 ferry cruisers daily there, it´s just the baltic sea between us.

You are more than welcome to visit here!
Glenn from Detroit had a very nice weekend here and i can tell you that he was surprised at the track to see all the american cars!
They also had a show with rare american cars there and his eyes where rollin in his head!:eek:

Here´s the link to the long run in our club over to Helsinki, Finland.
Sorry for the swedish but we are working to get all the gatherings in english as well.
http://www.tacs.nu/meetings/2002/02finland/02finland.html

If I get to come over I will let you knoe ahead of time so maybe we can get together. I love to see cars, no matter where they are.

Youre welcome machinegun!
Always interesting to meet a Buick turbo brother!:D

Your wife driving the car?
Looks like alot of upgrade you have there, whats the best time at the track?

Same here! Had big problems to download that movie there!
I also talked to the editor who made it and he mumbled something about Bill Gates?????:rolleyes:

Gonna ask him later today and see if he can get a better site or change the setup/code.

I´m having msn and icq if you are interest to get it that way.

Hello?

Did you guys get the movie now?

Yesterday 3 from our club was invited to a big race event (road course) with approx. 25k crowd, they where around our cars all the time.
The cars where mine -89, 2002 Trans Am Collector Edition picked up from the dealer last week, -96 Ram Air.

Yo guys!

I have now imported a modded -86 GN and it arriwed last week.... looked very good and a short test in the cold tould me that there is power there.

Uffe, Grüß von Deutschland...

Uffe,

I must have never seen this post/thread before, but was just checking in today and saw you were from Sweden. About six months ago, I moved here to Germany. It's been very disappointing the lack of American iron and HP. I'm checking out your website now. I can read German, so I'll try my hand at Swedish.

Really great to hear from you. Glad to hear you have a Grand National here... unfortunately I didn't bring mine (Lufthansa said I could only pack 70lbs.) :(

I'm in the north-western part of Germany about an hour south of Hanover.

Know of any clubs or anything here, other then the Opel kids? :)

Hi Chris,gn 85!!!!

Good to hear from a neighborough!

Yes... Germany has some USA clubs since they have plenty of US army guys there.... don´t have the website for the moment but i do know that they have some big gathering with plenty of beer there....etc! Have been reading on the websites on and off.....gonna see if i find some more info.....nothing saved.....

If you have a free weekend....please come over here!!!! Just a few hours from Hannofer! We have the room and food......and some racing as well!

You stay there in Germany temporary now or?

And you are working with what in Germany?

Hello Uffe,

Yah, I'm here for a couple years at least. I'm teaching english here. In America I was a teacher, but a German g/f made that change for a while. We're planning on moving back to the states, but that's a few years down the road. Yes, I know there are US military here that bring their cars over. Unfortunately, most of the military facilities are in the south. In this area of Germany we have mostly Brits...

I saw the website. That looks pretty cool.

Sorry to say I don't have anything fancy over here except a VW Golf that has the horse power of a garage door opener. I had thought of bringing the GN but decided against it because of the lack of facilities here... no place to keep it, tiny roads, conversion to the car, etc.

Glad to hear from a neighbor.. was beginning to think the rare glimpse of a 'Vette or Firebird was all I was going to see over here.