Supra fuel pump results?

101prf

I know some members started using Denso fuel pumps about 2 years ago. How have the pumps held up and how fast have cars gone with them? Has anyone used one with 60# injectors? I'm thinking about going this way.

I recently installed one...went 124+mph on the first run with 60# injectors. Still working on some issues but so far the pump seems to work ok.

Well I guess I'll be trying one to. My combo is close to Clark6s combo. Titan motorsports has them for $190 with free shipping on there ebay page.

I've read where some are having problems getting the pressure dialed down low enough due to inadequate flow thru the smallish stock return line... any comments regarding this?

I have a supra pump also; it has been great so far. I went 11.8@115 with a te44 changed to a te61 and chip and it still is doing great with #60 injectors. As for daily driving the pump is dong perfect after 5000 miles since install.

Ive had the Supra pump for over a year now. Its still running good and quiet with my 60# injectors.

From searches I've done it looks like the problems with high pressure were caused by restricted return lines. I ordered mine yesterday and am thinking about getting a fuel pressure transducer and logging my fuel pressure on the powerlogger.

so is this infact a easily done mod, no problems, any mods needs to be done with fuel pump

The hardest part is getting the pump in the tank. The pump is larger in diameter than the stocker. I had to trim about 1/16" off the shaft of the sender arm where it protrudes through the sender to get the unit into the tank. Trimmed it with a dremmel and cutting disk.

Installed mine yesterday. Simple installation with Racetronix intank wiring kit(well worth the 35 bucks). Used a dremel to trim the sending arm shaft and cut the lower ring mount about 1/3 open (the thin part is gone) to set the sock down where the original was. Two 2-1/2" stainless hose clamps the hold the pump to the sending unit. You need 1 M4(4mm) and 1 M5(5mm) stainless nuts with lockwashers for the wire terminals on the pump. Position the sock to the side of the float which is almost a natural position with the ring mount cut. Unit slide right in tank a little tight but easy. :cool:

Installed mine yesterday. Simple installation with Racetronix intank wiring kit(well worth the 35 bucks). Used a dremel to trim the sending arm shaft and cut the lower ring mount about 1/3 open (the thin part is gone) to set the sock down where the original was. Two 2-1/2" stainless hose clamps the hold the pump to the sending unit. You need 1 M4(4mm) and 1 M5(5mm) stainless nuts with lockwashers for the wire terminals on the pump. Position the sock to the side of the float which is almost a natural position with the ring mount cut. Unit slide right in tank a little tight but easy. :cool:

Any pics of the install?

No pics. I wanted to take some but my camera was gone in the wifes car. If you search "supra fuel pump install" you will find a thread by 87GTA-Turbo that has some pics.