Supra boys talking about us again...

Originally posted by Mr. T
I do believe that the Buick 3.8 and 5.7 engines share similar internal architecture, which is why it is as stout as it is.

sloride, you aren't presenting yourself as a very good ambassador of our community.
Lose the attitude and people will listen.

The filter mount and timing cover are very similar from what i've seen, and both have skirted blocks.

I see no use in attacking a TT supra board. They are one of the few exotic Japanese cars out there! I'd rather have one than my GN (OOPS!) Maybe not but it is on my list of cars I'll never be able to afford but will always want.:)

WTF is the Cayman Island ,,I want skyline for $12k

How far from Chicago"""

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

hehehe i just wanted to throw that in there,,,,,,

so how's the weather mr. sharp?

The Buick V6 got its start as a 198 cube engine in the 1961 Buick Special model (same body style as the 61-63 Pontiac Lemans and Oldsmobile F85)
and was infact based off of the aluminum 215 cube V8 shared (minus heads) between the 3 car models. It was an odd fire design with each connecting rod sharing the same crank pin as a V8.
Because of high production costs, GM sold the tooling to Land Rover and starting in 1964 GM came out with the 300 cubic inch iron V8 that eventually became the 340 and 350 Buick engines. The V6 became 225 cubes starting in 1964 and was a derivative of the 300 cubic inch V8.
The Buick engine are totally different than a small block Chevy and only share starter locations. Thats it.
Because of the low volume of V6's made, GM sold the tooling off to AMC/Jeep in 1967. When the energy crunch of the 70's hit, GM bought the tooling back and re-released the V6 in 1977 with 6 more cubic inches as the odd fire 3.8/231 V6. 1978 was the release of the even fire 3.8 with each rod having its own crank pin. In the mid 1980's GM retooled for another version of the Buick V6 for front drive applications. The 3.0 was one and the 3.8 was another. Later there would also be a 3.3 liter version.
The 3.0/3.8 front drive heads are similar to what the TTA used, but the TTA has unique casting numbers as some people have stated previously. I believe the last 3 digits were 702 and 703 for a TTA?
The Chevrolet V6 was introduced as an odd fire 3.3 liter/200 cube model and was a derivative of the small block V8 minus the end cylinders. Like the odd fire Buicks, the odd fire Chevy V6 has connecting rods that share crank pins like a V8 does. in 1980 it became the 229 /3.8 liter and was used until the 1984 model year when it was replaced by the even fire 4.3/262. The 4.3 shares the same 4.00" bore and 3.48" stroke as a 350.
The Sy/Ty's were done on a shoe string budget and used the existing Vortec TBI 4.3 V6 long block. What was different was the MPFI intake and special cast iron manifolds. GM used the same ECM that was used in the 2.0 Pontiac Sunbird/Grand Am turbo models.
Btw, Sloride.......how many guys with TR's live in the Cayman Islands. I find it funny that this is what was listed on the Supra Forum for your id:
sloride

Are you Drew Sharpe?? Why is you registration date for this board March 2003?

And to answer your question...........yes I am an opinionated jerk. Mike and I have been through this. But no harms been done :D

Their are 4 trs here.Mine(gn and t type) Drews (gn) and another guy named Armondo with a T. Drews is the fastest running 10.80s all day long. He seems like a very nice guy that would do anything to help anyone.Hell he helped me get my car from the high 14s to 12.20s for nothing(besides a little rum:)

Im sitting here taking flack from people that dont even know me.Moderator Rollin these guys are taking this thread way off course and harassing me.They need to be disciplined or this thread locked.This really needs to stop:(

First off its "dont be an arrogant***" not a.Whats that supposed to mean??Ive had my t type for 8 years and the GN for about 2. It seems others here have owned them since day one.How long have you owned yours?? How am I arrogant *******????

your a arrogant little snot because of posts just like the one im quoteing.

btw your one lucky little dog if you really got your t type when you were 9

What makes you think im 17??? Im 25 years old and I bought my T when I was 17.Maybe you just need to go back to school and read some books about gns,seeing as youve owned one what a year??? Where are the moderators in this???

What makes you think im 17??? Im 25 years old and I bought my T when I was 17.Maybe you just need to go back to school and read some books about gns,seeing as youve owned one what a year??? Where are the moderators in this???

theres that arrogance again, tisk tisk.